Are these human scratches?

Angmat

I don't know about everyone else but I've only ever been scratched in my life through inappropriate sexual interactions with extramarital relations.

Wow, Angmat. You are so far gone. You even took the sarcasm in this post above seriously...

Exactly my point! I think he's being scratched by a woman he is having sex with outside our relationship. Might as well be extra marital.

Ps. He was over again today. Guess what I noticed that I may not have seen the other day? You guessed it. More scratches. A scratch on his ass, a scratch on his bicep, a scratch on the back of his head, scratches on the side of his chest/nipple. Scratches on his chest, shoulders (front and back) and scratches on his wrist. So, do tell me I am being paranoid?

YES. You are being paranoid. You seriously need to look into how you are over-reacting. I get scratches, you get scratches, your bf gets scratches, as well as everybody else. Just because you remember where you got every single scratch, doesn't mean those who don't are cheaters. I sure don't remember scratches I get. I also don't cheat. They just appear without my knowledge, perhaps due to a higher pain tolerance.

If you cannot afford therapy, a doctor, or medication, then start realizing this is all in your head if you won't break up with him. Stop blaming your poor bf. Do the work to not tell him your thoughts about this and then get over the delusions. Read self help books. Go to the library.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read up on this and see a doctor:

"Othello syndrome: The delusion of infidelity of a spouse or partner. The Othello syndrome affects males and females. It is characterized by recurrent accusations of infidelity, searches for evidence, repeated interrogation of the partner, tests of their partner's fidelity, and sometime stalking. The syndrome may appear by itself or in the course of paranoid schizophrenia, alcoholism, or cocaine addiction as well as neurological disorders including strokes, brain trauma, brain tumors, neurodegenerative disorders, encephalitis, multiple sclerosis, normal pressure hydrocephalus and endocrine disorders."

You are literally abusing your partner by subjecting him to these naked inspections. If a man did that to a woman everyone would be up in arms about it. Not getting help and refusing meds is only compounding the issue. He isn't gas lighting you ! That is a very serious accusation to make, even worse than cheating. If you love him as much as you say you do you would get the help you both know you desperately need. You are totally out of control and seem to either ignore everyone's advice, twist it, or take the sarcastic comments seriously to fuel your own fantastical notions even further. Your poor, poor boyfriend, jeez!

He told me the scratches are due to his psoriasis. He has had this skin condition well before I met him.

Psoriasis or eczema came to mind when you mentioned the scratches. That happens to me, and I go through spells where I feel itchier than others, and end up with scratches on my back or legs or wherever I've scratched an itch. I'd believe him, to tell the truth.

You refuse to believe him, though. You are sticking with distrust. Love or not, distrust is not a foundation for a healthy relationship.

What is your next step? What are you willing to do?

Psoriasis or eczema came to mind when you mentioned the scratches. That happens to me, and I go through spells where I feel itchier than others, and end up with scratches on my back or legs or wherever I've scratched an itch. I'd believe him, to tell the truth.

You refuse to believe him, though. You are sticking with distrust. Love or not, distrust is not a foundation for a healthy relationship.

What is your next step? What are you willing to do?

Not to mention scratching a bug bite in your sleep or in the shower and not realizing you are scratching with such force.

This is seriously unbelievable to me that this is even a thread.

Not to mention scratching a bug bite in your sleep or in the shower and not realizing you are scratching with such force.

This is seriously unbelievable to me that this is even a thread.

It's not even the first time the OP posted this question.

Apparently the OP's boyfriend accepts her behavior.

You are literally abusing your partner by subjecting him to these naked inspections. If a man did that to a woman everyone would be up in arms about it. Not getting help and refusing meds is only compounding the issue. He isn't gas lighting you ! That is a very serious accusation to make, even worse than cheating. If you love him as much as you say you do you would get the help you both know you desperately need. You are totally out of control and seem to either ignore everyone's advice, twist it, or take the sarcastic comments seriously to fuel your own fantastical notions even further. Your poor, poor boyfriend, jeez!

That is so true! If a man did that to a women it would be abusive and controlling. If he is cheating and the girl

Is scratching him and he knows your suspicious if he was smart at all he would tell her to stop scratching him. And they don't sound like sexual scratches at all. Maybe if it was like a claw mark down his back I'd be a bit suspicious but sounds innocent to me. Like the others have said upon inspecting myself I have lots of little scratches I have no idea how I got them but I'm verrry single so it's definitely not from sex.

From your description, it sounds very, very unlikely that these have arisen from an encounter with another person. My mind has been very exercised as to what on earth you think has been going on... scratches on his leg below his knee arising from sex with another person??? Really? Doesn't it strike you that it's more likely from an encounter with a bramble?

He has Psoriasis and you are pointing out marks all over his body. Doesn’t that upset him? I honestly don’t know why he is with you you are emotionally abusing him.

I have an autoimmune thing that affects my skin at times. sometimes it makes me feel so bad when some chippy at the store says "ooh you got a little sun!"" "no, i have a skin condition..." "oh". It can make a day that i don't care how it looks start to go a little south.

I'm sorry that you have these mental problems and I'm sure it's hard but you should be getting medication and help ASAP. Not only that but you're an abuser. You're being abusive to your partner. Be careful or someday he won't put up with this and you can end up in court if this escalates.

It's your responsibility to get help or at least take the meds. It's your responsibility to do the best for you and your son. It's also your responsibility to let your boyfriend to be free. Yes its also his choice to put up with your abusive behaviour but you can also let him go and take care of yourself. This is not love... this is codependency and abuse.

Archived