Why he lasted so long and didn't cum?

WendySliva

My husband and I had a lot of marital problems lately and sex has diminish obviously but when we had sex it was always good even though he has always been kind of quick to cum, but tonight after almost a month of having some he lasted a long time and didn’t cum could it be ‘cause he was with somebody else?

Well, it could be the "marital problems" you've been having lately that caused him to go so long and then give up. Also, is he on medication or does he take drugs? Does he have diabetes? Did you just lay there or did you encourage him? You know, a little bit of play acting can go a long way to helping a guy out. Or he just wasn't into it.

Men don't orgasm for a variety of reasons, and the popular thought of "men always cum" isn't ingrained in reality.

Medication, stress (inc. Marital problems), frequency, method etc etc all play a part in our sex lives, ejaculation being one of the more commonly effected areas.

I have a general theory that we'd all be a lot happier sexually if we just stopped worrying about orgasms.

I'm a man, healthy, sexual, etc. Sometimes I can reach climax in seconds, sometimes it takes hours. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I suppress the feeling so my partner and I can enjoy things longer, sometimes the feeling is so overwhelming I have no option other than full surrender. None of these scenarios are "better" than the other. They are all sex, all intimacy, all wonderful, and all the more wonderful for the variety. For me, with a partner, it's really important to establish all this early, so we can have a blast exploring all the various things that sex can be, rather than thinking of it merely as a mutual exchange of orgasms.

I'd imagine your level of anxiety about this is less connected to this one moment than to the "lot of marital problems lately." Without being able to communicate openly about that, sex has maybe become the "language" in which you can find comfort and common ground (or at least the illusion) so the fact that this moment was "different" has shaken that ground a bit. Take this as a moment to think about how to address those problems outside the bedroom, because there is a whole lot of fun to be had with a man who "lasted so long," whether he orgasms or not.

Archived