Brain surgery this week!

So sorry about this Sara that is a long time to wait, I feel so badly for you, ugh. I'm sending you all my positive energy, that the Universe conspires so there are no further delays. You are such a sweet and lovely spirit, you really deserve this chance to be set free from the crushing pain. ((hugs)) and healing energy coming your way.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you both!

It's so hard all this waiting! Sadly he won't be more experienced cause the surgery he has to do with me doesn't happen much. He's only done this combo of MVD with a tumor once or twice cause it's extremely rare, but it was a funny thought hahaha

I just think there must be a reason....Maybe then i get to stay in a single bedroom as i really really want and maybe that wouldn't happen otherwise.

In the meantime I'm having a lot of fun with my crush, this wouldn't happen any time soon otherwise cause I'd be healing.

So maybe it is for a reason.

But still sucks though!

I want this done and see if it helps and be done with the meds I'm taking....and no more pain....

Meanwhile im also very curious what the tumor has done since radiation and that scan also keeps getting postponed

Oh, that is too bad, Sara! I was just checking in on your thread to see how it went, and now I see it didn't happen!

I assume you are completely over your virus by now.

Call your doc and let him know you are having memory issues. Maybe they can fit you in sooner.

But if they cannot, then it is only 3 weeks away.

Keep us posted

Haha thanks, yeah still waiting.....but two more weeks hopefully cause that date is not sure yet.

The memory issues I've had for almost two years now, they are a side effect of the meds i take so that won't get me into surgery sooner sadly.

The doctor knows about it....

As soon as i can quit the meds within 6 months it should be okay again!!!

Thank you for checking on me!! Means a lot that people do!

Hi Sara! Just checking in. I don't comment too much but I do read your updates!

My father's gf is also getting brain surgery, but because they found a brain tumor growing between the two lobes. I think it's actually today. So many brain issues!! Y'all need to chill out! Haha

Sara, popping in to tell you that the surgery went really well, and the tumor they removed was mostly blood although did contain a few cancer cells. But diagnostically-wise, it's a success and the doctor is very positive about her full recovery. So it's good news! Hoping yours will pass just as successfully!!

• 1 month later...

For those following this thread and not my journal ( all the details are in there) surgery happened March 9th!

All went well, doctor thinks he fixed the problem, there was an artery pressed into the nerve and he fixed that

Was in hospital for a week and am still recovering now.

I am lowering the meds and have a third less atm and still slowly lowering and no pain! Sometimes a little bit but nothing compared to how it was.

So all in all it was a great success and of course not nearly as bad as i anticipated!

And right before i went under the doctor told me that my tumor also shrunk 2mm! And this after only a year, usually it starts shrinking after 18 months to 2 years so this is very early great result!

For those following this thread and not my journal ( all the details are in there) surgery happened March 9th!

All went well, doctor thinks he fixed the problem, there was an artery pressed into the nerve and he fixed that

Was in hospital for a week and am still recovering now.

I am lowering the meds and have a third less atm and still slowly lowering and no pain! Sometimes a little bit but nothing compared to how it was.

So all in all it was a great success and of course not nearly as bad as i anticipated!

And right before i went under the doctor told me that my tumor also shrunk 2mm! And this after only a year, usually it starts shrinking after 18 months to 2 years so this is very early great result!

Congratulations on the road to recovery!

It seems that you will finally have an end to all the problems that you were experiencing before the surgery. That is wonderful news! I know that you were scared, but this was the best thing that you could have done for yourself, to get this surgery. Very happy for you.

Thank you heartgoeson en chi! Yes it seems positive!

I was very scared but would do it again in heartbeat if necessary.... it was really not that bad!

Seraphim i had to put one pill back on 10 days ago and that one i took off again last Wednesday and its fine! Yesterday a little bit of the electric shocks but it was mild and didn't last so today i will take off 200mg of the tegretol again and then I'm down to 2100 from 3600 of the gabapentin and 600 of 1200 of the tegretol so now it's nearly half! And i think Wednesday another 300 of the gabapentin.....

And then i think that i will lower only the gabapentin for a while and leave the 600 of tegretol for last. That's my safety blanket....a little bit nervous of having one time of the day without it

Archived