Brain surgery this week!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! Just woke up and don't feel worse, slept well, didn't cough just a little when i woke up, not more snot than yesterday, just don't know if i have a fever, don't have a thermometer.

Want to ask them to at least have me come in tomorrow and then decide, then the meds have a day longer to work and maybe if they see me they agree i am not as bad add they thought.

Hope they agree to that!

Wel i can come in and if it stays like this the surgery is on!

I feel way better than yesterday, have tons of energy. Just still a little snot and a little bit of coughing once in a while.

So it should not get worse than this.

But if it doesn't then Thursday morning at 8 i will go under.....and by this time i should be done.....

More snot and more coughing and now diarrhea and nauseous from the antibiotics.

I think i may have a fever but not sure.

I am very scared this will not happen....

Will see what they say, when i sleep I'm fine, don't wake up coughing and can breathe through my nose but as soon as i wake up the problems start.

It's not happening.....there are no beds available in the hospital...

They have to cancel 3 surgeries tomorrow.

I am now on the top of the list but no idea when it will be now.

Of course with my cold it may be for the best and maybe they would have send me home anyway so maybe this is for the best but i am totally devastated and crushed

I am so sorry to hear this, Sara. We haven't spoken before either but this truly does hit my heart. I know only too well how a person can physically suffer and the ins and outs of the hospital and how frustrating, scary, and tiring it can be.

I hope that it only means that it was meant to give you a bit of time to recover from your cold/flu and then you will have the surgery under better health.

Sending many hugs.

Of course with my cold it may be for the best and maybe they would have send me home anyway so maybe this is for the best but i am totally devastated and crushed

That seems like it shouldn't happen, like, didn't i have a reservation??? OTOH i do like that you will have a chsnce to get stronger. It WILL happen. Time to be an advocate for yourself. Time for the squeaky wheel.

I know you're disappointed, but it sounds like even without a cold they may have had to rebook you anyway.

I'm so sorry. I hope you have good support IRL that you can turn to. (((((hugs))))

They didn't rebook me because of my cold. They didn't have any beds and had to reschedule 3 surgeries.

Had nothing to do with my cold, the one who called me didn't even know about my cold, i had asked the anesthesiologist and i could come in with my cold, maybe they would have had to send me home anyway if it got worse than this but the rescheduling was because of shortage of beds!

I just received a huge bouquet of flowers from them to apologise! That is so considerate, i just had to cry over that again.....very sweet!

Yeah i hope so too!

But if i am there and i get complications they also take their time with me, other hospitals get you out with this surgery in 3 or 4 days, they do it in 7, time and ease is important with this surgery or any brain surgery.

And so i can also understand that they now take the time for someone else as well.

It was just a real blow.....

But meanwhile i can heal my cold as well cause brain surgery and coughing? Doesn't sound fun

Oh sara, I am so sorry! I hope it doesn't take them a long time to schedule you again.

I know it's of little comfort as you have been in all this pain, but trying to beat this cold while healing from a surgery like that would have been absolutely brutal for you. And you are on top of the list at least! (((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Archived