Long distance ex, in contact for last 6 years... why?

sweetheartc314

Looks like it, and we are going by everything you say here.

No need to be self-conscious. And no one said you were "ill" either.

No one said that you have to go to "just anyone". Seek a qualified therapist, and there will be a list of these in the professional therapists' association in whatever country you are in. Perhaps your local health centre might be able to signpost you....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like it, and we are going by everything you say here.

No need to be self-conscious. And no one said you were "ill" either.

No one said that you have to go to "just anyone". Seek a qualified therapist, and there will be a list of these in the professional therapists' association in whatever country you are in. Perhaps your local health centre might be able to signpost you....

Thank you, to all who have given insight. Guess the only person who can help me at this point is a professional.

I've deleted his contact. Something I should have done last week >__

It's an unhealthy and unfortunately toxic situation, I would have loved to have been friends though! If he could have kept things platonic. I just gotta move on, if he writes back atleast I will share, so everyone would have his answer. As that was the original reason for this post.

Otherwise he's officially gone, and I guess I just gotta get to a pro to work out a lot of things

He likes the attention. That's it. it good for his ego and it's entertaining.

Instead of focusing on him, you should focus on what you get out of this.

If he loved you, he would want a future with you. He does not love you. He does not even give you the courtesy of responding to your text.

Please seek some therapy.

Perfectly said. You cannot know what he gets out of it. You CAN know what you get out of it. And use that knowledge to get out of THIS.

You really need to seek help, S. Are you working? Is there no way you could get some pro bono therapy? Maybe there is some voluntary organization which could offer you help?

If I'm seeking counseling, I would want to seek the best I could find. I wouldn't want to just go to anyone, and end up worst than I started... my fincancial situation isn't the best, but will see what options I have

It's so sad so many people telling you to get help

I've been this way for a while, it makes me so self conscious if others see how ill I possibly am?

Is it this bad?

If it is please let me know, maybe I'm just in this whole warped reality, and just not like normal. I really don't know

Lol, sweetheart, you sound like a crack addict who will only go to the most expensive methadone clinic.

You seem like a good person. Just don't overthink the therapist thing. That will just become an excuse not to get help.

Archived