sex while on period...gross

moe42

what are everyone's feelings on sex while a girl is on her period ill start off i dont know my bf says he doesnt care as long as you clean up i think it would be pretty gross but i wanna know what everyone else thinks and if you have done this is it messy smelly or what

Some guys don't care about it, others are completely grossed out by it.

It is never a good idea on the first few days as it is always much heavier (maybe just have shower sessions during this time), but when the flow is lighter there is nothing wrong with it at all. Perhaps just put a towel down though as you can end up with some unattractive stains on the bedsheets otherwise. I think it's perfectly fine as long as both parties are comfortable.

My BF has never had a problem with the idea, and leaves it up to the girl. Of course foreplay is limited, as he won't perform oral, etc.

We've done it once or twice at the end of my period but in general I like to be left alone down there during that time of the month. I haven't found it to be any more sensitive or better the couple of times we have done it, so for me the whole thing isn't worth it. I pleasure my BF in other ways, and then we make up for that one week throughout the rest of the month.

Yes, some women are more sensitive during that time. If both agree to it then what's the problem? Turn off the lights and have fun BUT it is not a guaranteed form of birth control!!!! Women can get pregnant during that time ...low percentage but still you may never know if you fall within that number.

In my experience sex really helps relieve the cramps. I imagine when you have casual sex with someone, it's a more of a no-no, however, in my longterm relationship we would always have sex, period or not. I like it, and as I was on the pill, there wasn't really more than a few drops. I wouldn't do it if I was really bleeding though.

Ilse.

I would not do it when I was at heavier point as it is messier, but beginning or end of period is fine. My periods are really light and short (3-4 days anyway) so basically I will the first and last days if both partners are willing...it is not that bad/messy. Use a towel or do it in the shower and it helps with cleanup.

And usually women are not bleeding all over the place - blood is released in small amounts, and often during sex it can even stop altogether for a while. You can also use a cervical cup or diaphragm or an "Instead" menstrual cup to hold the blood back if you feel better about that.

Some guys don't mind it, some are grossed out at idea of it. It is natural, so if you both want to, go for it.

Females seem to be more open to the idea when their period is light and for some that could be the last day or couple days. If your partner doesnt mind having sex during then I dont see it as a problem. Its going to be different for every relationship. I have known females that get extremely horny during their period and they are more open to the idea at that point. If thats what you choose to do then do it, if not then dont.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it was always on my period that I seemed to want it the worst! (ah, irony at it's best...) Talk about timing. I was always willing, and I agree with other posters, it did seem like it relieved some of the painful issues like cramps, bloating. Sex is a release in all ways! If he's not opposed to it, what's so bad? Maybe the fact you can't be as explorative as normal, but nothing that can't be washed clean right?

• 1 year later...

it's perfectly fine as long as shes not flowing like the nile or anything. my suggestion is put down a towel or sheet that you can afford to toss away and just have at it. the touching of blood is also not worth freaking out over and ruining the moment if it happens.

There are two things I don't like about it (we get it on anyways)

1) I can't go down on her for 6 days each month. I want to bury my head between her legs and never come up for air, but I just can't enjoy that then.

2) The odor is a turn off. My libido however can get past most any odor though.

I think my g/f is pleased that I want her even during her period. She is happy that I am not squeamish and can take everything she offers me. It sure would seem like a turn off if I were in her shoes wanting sex and he told me he found it too disgusting. Sheesh.

There is practicality though. Heavy bleeding can wait a day or two just to avoid the mess. When she feels really bad on her period, we also skip a day or two. No biggie.

I also think a woman can practice good hygeine then! Am I right on that one? Or is there no way to improve the smell/ keep it a bit cleaner? I need some female feedback here!