Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

What the heck is with women and me these days? So in the past month or so I feel pretty despondent about my ability to attract women. Example1 underling at work is being hit on by women while on work trips, and yet I the younger guy is chop liver (at best). Example2, while on a work trip a woman starts acting rather weird on seeing me in a hotel, asking about security of the hotel ( and all I wanted was a disposable razor). Example 3, OLD well that goes with out saying; ended up with a texting buddy and double digit no thanks.

OK I know it's 99% me, but still I am getting a complex.

Oh!...

This article came up recently, same subject... I had no idea.

]

fireflies (both genders i think) and prayting mantis (she eats him even while he completes the deed, he powered by his autonomic nervous system after she bites his head off. Protagonists die after sex in shakespeare tragedies. In comedies they never hook up.

• 2 weeks later...

People don't respond anymore? No return emails? No return calls? It's definitely a pattern, and a change from a few years ago. Everyone is busy, I know, but, such widespread loss of common courtesy? Or is it me? Am I off-putting?

And, ouch, my hand hurts~!

People don't respond anymore? No return emails? No return calls? It's definitely a pattern, and a change from a few years ago. Everyone is busy, I know, but, such widespread loss of common courtesy? Or is it me? Am I off-putting?

Yup, it is pretty ignorant.

No it's not you, people "forget" - things have definitely changed out there.

Does it make me a horrible person that I refuse to put the teaspoons in the dishwasher at work with the scoop side up... I'd like to think people take them out with the handles and not touch the scoopy part (yes I am that person...

Does it make me a horrible person that I refuse to put the teaspoons in the dishwasher at work with the scoop side up... I'd like to think people take them out with the handles and not touch the scoopy part (yes I am that person...

I thought everyone did it that way? Fingerless scoops for all!!!!

No it's not you, people "forget" - things have definitely changed out there.

also, when you send someone a very professional and polite email, and the "professional" sends a one-sentence reply with typos and "lol"s, "k"s and "C ya"s. i don't expect servility, but i expect professional manners. i'm not your homegirl.

on the kitchen stuff, i am grossed out when i see people "wash" a mug they've just used by running it under the tap for three seconds, wiping the coffee stain off with their bare hands.

eff that, dirty slobs. i haven't had a sip out of anything other than my waterflask and cups dispensed straight out the machine since forever.

gross people. gross.

also, when you send someone a very professional and polite email, and the "professional" sends a one-sentence reply with typos and "lol"s, "k"s and "C ya"s. i don't expect servility, but i expect professional manners. i'm not your homegirl.

on the kitchen stuff, i am grossed out when i see people "wash" a mug they've just used by running it under the tap for three seconds, wiping the coffee stain off with their bare hands.

eff that, dirty slobs. i haven't had a sip out of anything other than my waterflask and cups dispensed straight out the machine since forever.

gross people. gross.

I find it strange when business people I do not know put a smile face at the end of a business email... Where is the professionalism?

Ewwww Ewwww.... - cups need disinfecting, I'm sure I caught my first cold sore from a not properly cleaned cup - hot hot water peeps!

Thanks Coily! nice to have my back!

And you just know the person who wrote the "liked" post is all See, someone else agrees! Nooooooooo

I knooowww!! The most recent one I "liked", I was thinking, "omg, that was the worst rubbish I have seen in a while" ..... and then I hit the "thank" button. GAH!!