Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The Imsuperman Files

imsuperman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything's good. Tomorrow I finally get the "official" figure on my raise, and also when it takes effect, which is great.

I seem to be pretty much recovered from my weird 24 hour bug I had on Sunday. My stomach still feels slightly sensitive, so I've been eating a little slower. Man, that was a rough day. I'm never sick, so it really wiped me out for the whole day.

Hopefully the 6-8 guy shows up tomorrow for basketball so I can guard him again. We had a lot of fun last week going at each other back and forth.

I was happy to get back to my gym more this week. I worked out with a coworker at my work gym twice last week. It's cool that there's fitness equipment on site at work, but it's old and leaves a lot to be desired compared to my gym.

I weighed in before my workout. Being sick caused me to drop a couple of pounds. 187 even. Not old enough to shrink yet, height remains 6 ft 3.5 inches. I'm happy to have kept my waist size on my dress pants at 32-33 inches.

After maxing deadlift on the 14th of this month, I found a maintenance plan to increase max for when you try again in six to eight weeks.

For my max it was:

(warmup) 2 sets of 8 at 185

2 sets of 5 at 225.

1 set of 3 at 255

1 set of 1 at 255

I tried it this past Thursday and may have to load it a little more because I barely broke a sweat with that.

I am very happy that it is spring and I will be able to start reading outdoors next week.

Tried to get my cousin to see the new Avengers. He said he doesn't know if he can now (said he could yesterday.) That annoyed me some. He's doing the Tinder thing. Didn't say whether he had a date or work to do.

Had a nice lunch Friday at a Hibachi grill with a good friend of mine from high school. He was a little late which was fine (he's a controller, he usually is), I got to sit out in the niceness longer It's hard to believe we've known each other almost fourteen years. He bought to celebrate my promotion. He said we were definitely two boys from our town that turned out ok haha.

It has been so beautiful here. I read outside for nearly an hour yesterday.

Haven't heard from email buddy in about (over?) two months and feel no need to contact.

Wednesday the 6-8 guy in bball wouldn't guard me because he said I was too fast and ran his legs out lol.

Other than that, not much going on. Life is good.

Tore it up in basketball yesterday. Made a game-winner from deep (my signature rainbow arc) and scored all our points in another game. I realized I'm a lot better if I don't force the issue and just let the game come to me.

I'm conducting my first meeting today. One person backed out already due to a scheduling conflict. My boss will be by in a bit to do a runthrough on where to steer the discussion. I'm a little nervous.

I had a dream about an old friend I have't seen in three years who went a little crazy by the looks of his Facebook page before it was totally deleted. He's out in California. He was in the service, but by his hair length hasn't been for at least a year now.

My friend (the one I had lunch this past Friday with) is a mutual friend and that's how I know L, the dude in California. My friend said he has tried several times to call L, but never gets a reply. The last time we saw him was at my buddy's wedding. L read a passage during it and disappeared, didn't attend the reception despite the fact that he was on the attendees list. The next day I had planned to get lunch with him and he was nowhere to be seen and wouldn't answer his phone either. In the last couple years he looked really different and depressed on Facebook, now he no longer has an account.

In my dream L just seemed like he wanted someone to talk to.

My meeting with the management team got postponed until today due to their schedules (one still didn't show.)

It went very well. One asked me if it was the first meeting I held, and he said he couldn't tell that it was.

I was really worried when I first got the assignment, but it was basically them just making suggestions for a project my boss and myself are doing with others in the company. It was very painless.

I also agreed to cover at my old job after my main job tomorrow because I don't have anything better to do on a Friday, and it got me out of covering at old job Saturday morning. I do it so the manager there doesn't have to cover himself. Staying til 9:30 on a Friday night with a wife and kid at home would suck. I'm a lone cowboy, so it might as well be me that stays.

This effs up my workout schedule though, so I'll probably lift there sometime Saturday.

Our software is down at work, so HI ENA.

New goal: Get to a LEAN 200 pounds. That would be sweet. It's nice to see my abs now, but I wanna be bigger. It's gonna be tough.

I think my workouts are all pretty good, I just need to eat more clean calories.

Cute girl at work currently seems to be ignoring me. Another county heard from and all that, I suppose. I don't think she gets that it's difficult to talk to her because 90 percent of the time that I see her she is already talking to someone, usually a male. I'll take the blame though, as always. I mean I had my eye on her, but I don't get "oneitis" by any means these days. It just slides off my back.

My new pay grade started this week. Everyone seems pleased with my work the department lead in our website re-design Life is pretty good. This is a nice time of year.

I'm 28, and man, I feel like time is moving fast.

Really glad to hear that things are going so well for you in your professional life. I'm a bit confused as to why you seem very shy when it comes to women, though. I've yet to read about you stepping forward and being proactive when it comes to meeting/talking with them. You're a handsome and well-spoken guy; you're successful; you have healthy habits, like going to the gym and playing basketball; I can't figure out why you linger in the background.

Really glad to hear that things are going so well for you in your professional life. I'm a bit confused as to why you seem very shy when it comes to women, though. I've yet to read about you stepping forward and being proactive when it comes to meeting/talking with them. You're a handsome and well-spoken guy; you're successful; you have healthy habits, like going to the gym and playing basketball; I can't figure out why you linger in the background.

I think I have different expectations of what's supposed to happen than women do. In this case, I was excited she said hi and asked me how I was in the stairwell a couple of weeks ago. It was like: Cool. My suspicions that she has some interest in me appear to be correct. I said I was well because that is a thing normal humans that pass each other going in opposite directions say to each other. Women lose me when they act like I've rejected them in some way, which is what she seems to be doing. I said hi quietly last week at some point when passing her once (someone else may have/was probably talking to her) and she gave a weird look. Then yesterday, there was a great conversation opportunity but she did the old, "I know you're there, so I'm gonna look over this way" thing.

I guess I can't explain to anybody that hasn't lived a life of it, but it is disheartening and offensive that people can hate me that quickly without even knowing my damn name, or ever having a conversation with me. I hate feeling like a disappointment to anybody, I despise it in every imaginable way. I do everything 100% and want to see it all completed.

But things like that keep happening. And I don't know what I did.

Good day today. Didn't do that well in basketball (4 on 4) until the final game of five, and we won the game and the series (3 games to 2.) I scored 3 of our 8 in the last game. I have to stop pushing for intentional fouls, I apparently don't know my own strength, did it today to a guy that weighs probably 20 to 30 pounds more than me and he went flying. Thought I barely touched him. I said I was sorry. I gotta watch that. I'm not used to getting beat to the basket but with my ankle I can only run at about 85 percent full speed, no more jets for me.

Very good workout last night. Strange how I always want to be at the gym, until the very first set I do, then I want to be anywhere else.

One of my managers and I always talk about diet and exercise. I told him that yesterday I had four chicken breasts and didn't gain a pound. People look at me like I'm nuts in the cafeteria getting two grilled chicken sandwiches.

The struggle is real.

Here's me today before the gym at 185 pounds. The goal is to get up to a lean 200 by fall!

I think my exercises are in good shape, I just need to eat more clean calories.

I have this coming Friday off, so a four day weekend starting then

My cousin and I may go to an Indians game this weekend. We will also get Deftones tickets to seem the for our fourth time, they'll be here in July.

I'm really getting sick of the rain. It seems like every spring/summer is about half rain anymore.

I made another game winner in the final game today. I turned around and said, "I finally made a (effin) shot," to no one in particular, mostly myself.

Shooting percentages have been low for my usual standard. Lifter's elbow in my right one, my left ankle is still shaky and I can't run at top speed.

I went ahead and did my Tuesday lift yesterday so I can do Sun/Tues/Thurs and not have to go to the gym Friday on my vacation day.

I'm hungry all the time. Guess it's a good thing I'm gonna start upping my calories.

Side note: Found out some troubling news yesterday about a friend. (Well, I haven't seen him in like three years.) I found it out on my own, without looking for it. I'm not telling our mutual friend I don't think, wouldn't feel right.

Going to the Reds@Indians game Saturday with my cousin. Should be really fun. 4:15 start. We always go somewhere cool to eat before. Should be home by 11ish.

Then, much to my displeasure, I'm riding along to Kentucky for the family reunion on my mom's side Sunday. I haven't been to that one since high school, but I knew I couldn't wriggle out of it forever. My grandma will be 90 in August, and I'm needed to help her move around in the rough country (it's all hills/roads with steep drop-off and no guardrails down there, it doesn't really appear on maps) The food will be good but other than that it's basically shooting an entire day on something I don't really want to do, but it's for grandma.

That's why I took Friday off, so I'll have an extra day to chill, and a four day weekend overall.

Tough day.

8 to 10% of our staff was let go today. Three in my department. Really nice girl in the desk next to me. No chance to say thanks or bye or anything. Noticed HR left her protein shakes when they cleared out her stuff.

About to go play ball to get my mind off it.

Yesterday morning, the intern sat with me for a while. I asked her if she liked her school. She said it wasn't bad, but kind of high school-ish due to being a small university. I said, "Anybody that tells you college is the best years of your life...that's bull(). I missed college for about twleve hours."

I think payday is in a couple of days. Not sure since I'm on a different scale now. Will need to pay bills and save a lot more. Went a little wild this month but it was (somewhat) necessary. I bought my first pair of casual (read workout/weekend) sneakers in four or five years (my old ones were literally coming apart) I bought a new polo from Ralph Lauren (in my usual vanity, I enjoy the "slim fit" option to show off my arms, you all know how I am) I went to a baseball game this past Saturday, and I eat out way, way too much. I get paid monthly now so I'm going to start a budget document and hold myself to certain requirements.

It was decided that I wasn't needed for the Kentucky trip Sunday, so I had an awesome four day weekend. Ended up doing my usual Tuesday workout yesterday out of boredom. I hate that these days, even in nice weather, the gym is usually busy. It's good that being healthy is more popular now than when I started working out eight years ago, but still, it can feel a little cramped.

Had a lot of good conversation with my cousin to and from the game this past Saturday.

Really good day today. One of our managers played hoops for the first time. He's my height. He guarded me the first game and I drained the opening shot from deep deep when he didn't step out haha.

Played well, 5 of 9 shooting, 2 made 3s (both long bombs which we count as 2s) the first time I've shot that well in a long time it seems like.

Put me in a good confident mood. We also had a meeting about our new process for my new role. I'm a geek, and it's geeky stuff, but I'm excited about it.

Dropped a casual line yesterday to email buddy. She probably won't write back, at least anytime soon. Told myself in this jornal I wouldn't, after it being months, but I get painfully bored on the weekends.

That's the worst thing about being single. On the weekends you have time to reflect on your boredom and they feel a little wasted sometimes.

This appetite thing is bothering me. I only h ave so much money for food. When I get home is the worst. I had a chicken sandwich last night and a baked potato. An hour and a half later I still felt hungry so I had two more chicken sandwiches.

And I weigh the same despite all this.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a little while.

I had a good week overall. We revised our new work process and it really put my mind at ease. We were fairly busy all week, but I don't really mind because it made the days go by fast.

For the first time ever we ended up playing two on two half court for basketball. We had five and a sixth was supposed to show but didn't, so we alternated one. I played in all five or six games. The team I was on only lost one and I scored 85-90 percent of the baskets for me and whoever was on my team. I'm really realizing that I am in the best shape of my life right now, and I want to maintain that as I get older (fingers crossed.) I was really gassed, having not eaten in five-plus hours, but even after all that running, after a shower and some food I feel good again.

In a couple of the games I really frustrated my "nemesis" (the guy I always have to guard because we're the only ones over 6 feet, I'm about three inches taller.) I hit a couple of turnarounds on him. He was surprised at the first because I sort of went to the side awkwardly and it somehow went in. The other one was a turnaround fadeaway, which caused him to yell the GD bad word and slam the ball down.

image removed

It was a busy but good week. My new position is basically in addition my old one, so I'm one of the only people there that has two critical but different responsibilities each day. It's going pretty well. I like that it keeps me busy and makes the days go by quickly.

Workout are going well. Getting stronger but the scale weight is staying the same.

Talked to the new fitness attendant at the gym tonight. She's cute and I was just kind of like what the hell. Little country accent. It was her first Friday closing. I told her I did that shift for some years. We talked a few minutes.

I'm trying to be more open with people despite the fact that my job and fitness makes up so much of my life. I think it's imprtant that I start making an effort to get to know people a little more. I don't everyone to think I'm so serious all the time, because that's not 100% my real self.

Archived