Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The Imsuperman Files

imsuperman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cousin seemed in pretty good spirts last night. Maybe slightly quieter than usual but not much. He said it was all for the best. He's looking forward to making his own website (he's in marketing both at a small company and on the side.)

Ankle is still wonky. I found an air cast I had kept from 7.5 years ago though. It helps keep it more stable. hwoever it "popped" once yesterday and once today at about the same time which didn't feel good. It looks liek my deadlifting, leg lifting, and hopps are out at least for the rest of the month. I can't risk tearing something. I will adjust my calorie intake to more rest so I don't gain any fat.

I had a productive little day. Got my taxes done, my hair cut, and put gas in my car. Trying to see the dentist soon. My two front teeth are both chipped now. I have to stop bitinig my nails I guess, but it's just habit. I only do it in private oddly enough. You can't really notice it unless you're up close, but still.

I decided I'm finished talking to email buddy. She's been a little standoffish and Little Miss Contrarian lately and it's getting old. Eg: I said I don't want to rent the rest of my life, so she totally does. I sent her a pic of my nephew and I and she says something like he's cute but she doesn't like kids. Whatever. She'd give an asprin a headache. I think she kind of resents me in some way like a lot of women that know me do. Hard to tell why or what for. I'm really done with it.

I wanna start dating. But it would have to be someone at work because that's about teh extent of my getting out. It's not frowned upon at my work at all. None of the wonen in my department interest me, but there are cute ones around! At the gym too haha.

My ankle is feeling a lot more stable. I've been wearing my air cast under my pant leg since the Saturday morning and will probably keep it on until this Saturday. I'll still probably wait maybe until March to play hoops again, just to be cautious. It sucks though, I already miss it.

Admittedly, V-Day is a little annoying. I think I'll probably be single from here on out at this point, which I have mixed feelings about. Being ready to date really means nothing for me since I don't really have the opportunities. I mean, I can't think of anyone I could ask out right now.

My sister was weighed yesterday at the doctor, and once again asked me for diet help. I went over some stuff with her last night after I got off work.

About the most exciting thing is that I'm doing my back and chest workout tonight, my personal favorite split.

So my new position at work will be related to training plans and communication plans for the whole place. About 850 people. I'm excited about it.

I think they could see what I was doing wasn'tallenging me enough. I got it down pretty quickly and improved our numbers. It's just work distribution. But I study the stats constantly. I obsess over them, in fact. I want everything to be perfect. I grimace when I know a product group won't be utilised efefctively due to abscenses. It's cool. It's like being the quarterback of your own fantasy football team. Only the puzzle is making the requests that come in as even as possible among our people. This makes it easier accross the board. No one gets overloaded. Faster workers lead to happy customers.

It's kind of like that scene in The Departed. "You know the players. Call the game."

I'll still be doing it for a while, they want to eventually automate that job sometime in a year or so (?), but, having done it, it would be difficult to tell a machine how to do it. I don't know. Maybe not.

But they're gonna start working me in on this new stuff and I'll have a new boss, who's super smart and really cool. He's in our department already and started about three weeks after I did.

I'm not exactly a social butterfly. But this---this is why I spent all those years going back to school and working on myself. It had to be done.

I've probably said this before, but I'm absolutely not going back and checking lol. I remember shortly before I started working at this place, I was at a wing joint with my sister and we were talking about it, and I told her, "I wanna be the best at everything." I meant it. Everything I do. I can't do everything, and believe me, at this place, I'm likely the dumbest person in the room at any given time.

The best thing about this new thing I'll be doing is if I get good at it, ideally the people who work there will get better at what they do too.

Training. Training. Improving internal communication. Sounds groovy.

I think you have earned your struts. It makes me smile that you are reaping the rewards of alll your hard work and determination. Love when that happens.

It feels good. I think it's just nice not to be struggling financially and feeling kind of worthless. It's done a lot for my confidence.

I still can't approach women, but baby steps lol.

Friday night I did my usual arms workout. The married woman in her forties that works in the gym saw me. She seems to have a little bit of a crush on me, as I've mentioned before. She came out into the weight room and asked if I could give her the update since I'd not seen her since I'd been gone form working at the gym (almost six months ago.) I agreed.

After I finished lifting, I went in and talked to her for about twenty minutes. She was happy to hear things had been going so well and that I had an upcoming promotion. She asked if I had any plans to move closer to the city I work in, I said probably in a year or so. She said she knew of some really nice condos by where she lives.

I told her about my screwed-up more-than-just-a-sprain ankle. I joked that it was my old age, like the guy who trained me at work said (he's twice my age) She said I wasn't old but she was, and she could tell because she would want to strangle someone one minute and then cry the next. She turned red after saying it, which was really noticeable because she's very pale.

She asked if I had a gf, and I said no. She said she only knew a bunch of guys working at the gym, but knew of one young woman who was around my age back in the office. I didn't really see the point in her mentioning it, because I haven't even seen that girl since I stopped working there.

I was hungry so I excused myself. It's always awkward speaking to her.

It's been a good few days.

I had my second Friday meeting with the guy who will soon officially be my new boss, and he's given me a project to work on to be done by mid-March.

Email buddy sent Wednesday after a month of not hearing from her. So we're still talking I guess. She seemed to be in a better mood than before.

Starting about Tuesday I really started feeling my stupid ankle turn the corner for the better, finally. It was a type of high sprain, so it was lingering. I did a light leg workout last week with no ill effects, so I may bump it up a little tonight and see how that goes. Unfortunately, I won't chance basketball until I feel like I can go 100%.

My gym crush was there Tuesday night. It's good motivation lol. I'm hoping to catch her on a Friday night when it's dead and talk to her.

It's Friday. I just want to drink coffee and east pizza.

Having a slary job, you really look forward to and value the weekends more. But they go by too fast.

Email buddy has emailed Tuesday, Thursday, and today. She's acting a lot warmer for whatever reason. She is graduating in June. I kind of wish I didn't like talking to her as much as I do. It really ruins my whole Lone Wolf thing. But she's pretty. And she's nice. Maybe she's kind of under my skin a little. That just doesn't happen often with me.

I'm really going to start pushing hard with my diet to put on some muscle. I've been stuck around 188 lbs for a long time now. High protein, low sugar, very low junk food. I don't know if I even have the time to ingest the proper calories. The workouts are good I think, but I'm tired of getting more definition but not getting BIGGER. I fully admit to being a little obsessed with myself on that front. I think about that stuff a lot. I always like planning and experimenting with new ideas.

Does your email buddy live near by you? I mean, does she live close enough that if you two were to ever potentially date, that it would be feasible?

I guess the chatting doesn't matter too much until/unless you start getting serious about dating and seeing someone.

Out of curiosity, have you tried doing super sets? I've had good results with that, when I want to see some results fast, and am willing to put in the serious effort for it.

Gotta use copy and paste when I'm done typing these things. Forum logs you out very quickly now.

My ankle is starting to feel a little better. I might go shoot baskets early Saturday morning and see how it feels. My work mentor is on me about getting back in for lunch hour basketball. I've been out a month.

I've felt a little restless this week. I've had some trouble falling asleep. I think it's a combination of things. Getting some more responsibility at work, and not having a woman in my life etc. But it's funny because I haven't had trouble sleeping in a long time.

I should probably look into online dating but I don't want to that much lol. I don't wanna type anything to anyone. I'm much better in person. I feel more confident now than maybe ever. I look as good as I ever have. Most of my life is in order. I think the "now or never" thoughts are kind of starting to creep in.

The woman at my old job was surprised to learn I would be doing a job where I would be up and about talking to a lot of people, she said when she first met me she though I seemed introverted. I've always thought that was more perception than reality. I just had a policy of making an effort with those who made an effort with me. A lot of people I worked with were younger and wouldn't speak unless spoken to. I just kind of said ok, maybe you don't wanna talk. Then they'd act like it was me who was shy. It was all kind of a self-fulfilling thing.

And maybe I'm better now, I don't know.

My workouts are going well. I'm up to 192, about three pounds of muscle on (I can tell it's not in my belly!)

I've been feeling really motivated lately with that. I pushed hard hard last night. People there probably think I look like I'm about to kill somebody when I workout. I've been doing this heavy movement light movement, heavy movement thing for individual muscle groups on the night I work them and it seems to be working.

Then on the way home from the gym last night Jay Z's "99 Problems" came on my iPod and it was just so perfect.

Looking forward to seeing an updated pic on the Pic of Yourself thread!

The one from last week was taken that day. If my old PC still worked, I could freak some people out though with me ten years ago at 192 lbs of fat, and today at the same weight.

Seriously. It's crazy.

So tonight at the gym was funny.

I started my first exercise, which was lat pulldowns. I only did one set. Some guy tapped me on the shoulder, I see him in a lot playing basketball there. He said, "Have you lost weight?" Isaid from my heaviest I was down 25 ish pounds. He said, "e've never talked, but you made a total transformation." I smiled and thanked him.

Some lady overheard us. I recognized her, she used to work out there but I hadn't seen her in a while. She asked me what my secret was. I just said basically I watch my sugar and read the labels and nurtion info on everything, including when I go out to eat on restaurant websites. She said she hadn't been there in two years, but I looked totally different. I thanked her and she said I was "inspiring." Ha, can you imagine? I'm about the least inspring person I know.

Freaky thing: I weigh about ten pounds more now then two years ago. It's just recomposed I guess.

Archived