Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The Imsuperman Files

imsuperman

^^I haven't read your whole journal, so I'm not sure the whole back-story with email buddy, but have you guys ever met? The issue is that she comes off as half-hearted because she is inconsistent right? Maybe when you didn't respond with your usual punctuality, it made her realize how annoying and it is to wait on someone's response, and all the emotions that go along with that, like I personally feel insignificant and hurt when someone does that to me, especially when it's someone that I am or have been close too(and maybe that's wrong of me to expect anything from anyone, this goes back to my recent thread)--maybe it made her feel that the tables had turned in a way....

I have a friend who does this, it's usually after she has bailed on me, she will text me to say "hey" weeks later and if I don't respond right away (I usually respond to texts as soon as I see them) it's like she gets paranoid that I have dropped her and then she will put in more effort for my attention for awhile--but then inevitably it always goes back to her being more aloof.

I bought The Terror...I'm gonna read it during my vacay in two weeks!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a friend who does this, it's usually after she has bailed on me, she will text me to say "hey" weeks later and if I don't respond right away (I usually respond to texts as soon as I see them) it's like she gets paranoid that I have dropped her and then she will put in more effort for my attention for awhile--but then inevitably it always goes back to her being more aloof.

It looks like the same thing here. She got worried that I didn't respond quickly like usual, but then when I did she was in no hurry to write any more. With her I feel used in a way, since she knows I am attracted to her. Ii really should stop writing but it's tough.

My grandpa passed away fifteen years ago today. He was a great influence on my life.

My family visited my grandma today and as they talked about him I remembered fall Saturdays watching Ohio State football with him in their family room. We'd predict scores, and he'd shine me on saying Ohio State was going to lose every tough game. I would get so nervous during games I couldn't sit still, and he'd laugh and tell me I was making him nervous.

I can still here is deep voice in that southern drawl.

It's true, that quote in Watchmen, as you get older the past gets a little brighter every year.

[video=youtube_share;6Nc3OzV3xM0] ]

• 2 weeks later...

^ Not the same. I don't think it's awful but I just like Weiland. From about 1992-2000 they were sweet.

Good I guess. She quick-replied the last time but is taking a while with this round.

I can't wait until 6. pm today. After that I'm gonna have a punishing back and chest workout because work has me in a not-good mood. Off after today until Monday thank God.

Lot of complainers today. Lot of whiners.

image removed

• 2 weeks later...

Not much going on. Still single haha.

Work picked up big today for the first Monday after the holidays. No major complaints. Got a good 90-day review. Not one negative comment in it.

Was stupid good at lunch hour basketball, despite not hoisting one shot in like three weeks until today. Being in the best shape I've ever been in allows me to make some stupid shots. Hit two nasty no-look turnarounds, one which was a game-winner. Basketball's all muscle memory, and I'm starting to get more of a feel for what I can do with my body these days. Endurance is way up to.

Snow's on it's way. Which means tomorrow night I'll watch my snow movie.

image removed

Not supposed to mean anything to anyone, but just so it's documented...

Today in work basketball at the company gym I made one of the coolest shots ever. Second game. Did not shoot well in the previous game. I was frustrated. In 3 on 3 I own, but we had 4 on 4 today and it's not a big court. So I was dribbling, and I usually can't handle the ball well. A guy who loves to help double team me came over to help the guy guarding me. I was basically suck in a corner outside the 3 point line on the right side. I kept my dribble low, because the guy helping out loves to steal. I spun off him, re-gathered, went to crossover left-to right. Oops. Hit myself in the nuts with the ball. Not exactly what I had in mind. Okay. I corral it again and dribble it low with my left hand as both defenders blow by biting on the crossover. I pull up and shoot and the ball flies in. At least four guys yell "OH!" I looked at both of them. It wasn't me trying to be disrespectful, but I had been so frustrated before that shot because I wasn't hitting anything.

A guy in my department (he' sin his fifties) who always plays said, "He had that look in his eye."

One of the best shots I've ever hit.

Still not much going on.

Sent email buddy a brief one with a couple of pictures just to say hey. I like talking to her I can't help it. Things feel a little different when we haven't spoken in a while, and I really wish that wasn't the case. She's with someone else and we've never even met, but I mean we've been talking, kind of off and on, for almost two years. I often wish I could just let it go like Frozen. At some point, you should stop hanging onto what's basically the memory of a person, I suppose. I think she fills a void in my life though for female companionship. I'm like yay me I'm talking to an attractive woman! I don't know. New job, more money than I can spend, and it feels like somebody's missing.

My nephew turns four tomorrow. I got him a book and a movie.

Pretty fun weekend. Well, including Friday. When out to lunch with a good friend of mine at a place nearby work. Hadn't seen him since I started my new job. He's married now and both him and his wife are wealthy, at least by my standards. He asked me how it was making real money now. I told him my imagination regarding what to do with my money largely begins and ends with buying food haha. Saving lots. Car's almost paid off. All groovy.

Saturday I went to the market downtown and got specialty hot sauces with my father. Then saw American Sniper with my cousin.

Seeing my two best (only real, true) friends and spending time with my folks put me in a better mood then I had been in. My dad had something wrong with his breaks, so he's gonna buy the parts and fix it himself because no one will give him a quote over the phone. I wish I were good at fixing things like that.

The weeks just roll by. People always tell you time moves faster when you get older, but you can't grasp it until it starts happening.

I wore a sleeveless shirt Friday to the gym. I did arms. I'm really in the best shape I've ever been in which is good, but I wish I would have gotten into working out at a younger age. There was a mirror by the equalizer machine and I looked at myself and heard Chris Cornell's voice. "I'm looking California , and feeling Minnesota" Beautiful woman there either Thursday or Friday, I can't remember which. I mean really beautiful, and I don't use the word lightly. I almost fell off the decline lol.

My sister texted me Friday saying she needs to lose weight and I should help her out. I offered her to come and have some grilled chicken with me but she had ice cream instead. Not lying. She has the crappiest diet of anyone I've ever seen. She drinks soda all the time. Eats chips and salsa and has an affinity for pigs in a blanket. I've lost weight before. You have to think about it always.

Kinda sad I won't be able to play lunch hour hoops tomorrow. Had a weird muscle pull-type feeling in my upper (outside) leg yesterday upon waking. No idea how that happened. Lifted legs on Thursday and didn't feel anything then. I have to rest it now though.

I was thinking how cool it would be if I could gain about 25 pounds of solid muscle lol.

I can't eat enough. There aren't enough hours in the day!

I'm about 6 ft 3.5 inches and 188 pounds currently. I wanna be like 215 and lean though. And keep my 32 inch waist lol.

Literally 90% of what I think about is my meals. I have to eat a small meal about every three hours. I bring one protein shake and one protein bar to work every day in addition to my lunch. And I'm still hungry. I always thought my metabolism would settle down as I got older and I'd maybe finally be able to put on more muscle.

The girl next to me at work is doing some Opti Fast diet thing. She asked what I ate and I told her I had 3000 calories a day. She was shocked.

But I'll probably never look like I want to. It's kinda fun trying though.

I thought this was relevant to a lot of what I post about in this Journal.

Someone shared this link on Facebook.

link removed

•You paid the bills this month

•You question yourself.

•You have a job.

•You have time to do something you enjoy.

•You are not worried about where your next meal is coming from.

•You can eat because you enjoy it.

•You have one or two truly close friends.

•You could afford a subway ride, cup of coffee, or the gas in your car this morning.

•You’re not the same person you were a year ago.

•You have the time and means to do things beyond the bare minimum.

•You have a selection of clothing at your disposal.

•You can sense what isn’t right in your life.

•If you could talk to your younger self, you would be able to say: “We did it, we made it out, we survived that terrible thing.” This one.

•You have a space of your own.

•You’ve lost relationships.

•You’re interested in something.

•You know how to take care of yourself.

•You’re working toward a goal.

•But you’re not uncompromisingly set on anything for your future.

•You’ve been through some crap.

My cousin and his gf have separated after 7.5 years.

I wondered though he popped right out of the apartment ready to go Saturday night when I knocked, but I had to use the bathroom so I asked if I could. I noticed she wasn't there and briefly wondered.

I feel bad for him because he probably feels bad. He's my best friend. That's tough stuff.

We may see a movie tomorrow night, he said it'd be nice to get out of the apartment.

I know this is an old post but I'm just reading it now and I loved this story. I feel like I was watching a really good sports highlight - could totally picture it!

One (of more than one) good thing about being single......we make some pretty damn good friends and offer something unique to those friends who are becoming recently single. Hope you and your cousin have a good night out tomorrow.

I know this is an old post but I'm just reading it now and I loved this story. I feel like I was watching a really good sports highlight - could totally picture it!

One (of more than one) good thing about being single......we make some pretty damn good friends and offer something unique to those friends who are becoming recently single. Hope you and your cousin have a good night out tomorrow.

I actually hurt my ankle a little on Wednesday playing and trying to corral a loose ball. Feels better but it's swollen and the top of my foot hurt now due to the imbalance. Just when I was starting to get out of my shooting slump too

Yeah, I mean it's huge for him I'm sure. They were living together, and she would come to family holidays and the like. She's moving out Monday. He told me first and isn't telling the family until tomorrow, so asked me to hold off which I would anyway. I wonder how all that went down but I'm not nosey, I let people talk.

Oh that sucks about your ankle. But you can still take standing shots!

I'm sure he's going to really appreciate that you are just letting him talk on his own time. That's a long time for them to be together, and she probably feels a bit like family now eh? It'll be different. But he's lucky he's got you to turn to and his family.

Archived