family courts and child support us broken and gender biased.

22n32

I guess it depends where he lives. My boyfriend and I have just under $2k in expenses each month, most non discretionary. Getting rid of the TV okay... But is he going to have to downgrade to a ghetto apartment? Sell his car completely and get a bike? Not buy fresh meat and vegetables?

Wouldn't that make him sick?

Not mention he'd be getting zero savings.

Those numbers are ridiculous ($1350) and it would throw him under a bus. I'm so glad I'm not a man because I'd have to opt for the lower job just to get by and make payments.

Exactly fudgie.... i wanna thank you , u are the only one who sees to understand both sides of it not just the mothers side..

I will be short money every month, i will be thrown into poverty will have to get a ghetto place, and when my kids come over to my crappy place and they have been used to nice pace at there moms.. i cant even buy em an ice cream cone because i will be broke.. or when we out and they see something they like. Oh sorry i cant buy u that.. ask ur mother i give her 1900 a month.. kids dont understand that... all they see is dad didnt get me that. Dad lives in a dump.. and i look bad while mother looks good.

Nobody is disagring kids cost money.. but u dont pull one person into poverty so other person lives better, thats choices u make to get benefits from someone who works hard.. it should be 50/50.. o pay 800 and she pays 800..

System is wrong, its not right to leave me broke and pennyless and downgrade my lifestyle to gatnage because of CS .

Whole thread was started on how CS is not fair and it isnt..

If i paid 800 and she paid 800.. kid would have a nice life and be provided for. both times when at moms and dads.. not im so poor i cant do anything with my kid. How does that reflect on me ? I give her 1900 but i cant do anything wiyj my kid, buy a bike,go to the movies or show.. that 1900 soon be 2500-3000..

Only person who understands this is fudgie..

Everyone else goes on on about kids cost money yes they do.. about 15 a yr added on to us adults.. that should be split..

Not me thrown into poverty which will have a negative domonio effect on me and my kids future together. .

And system is corrupt, but women defend it because it works in there favor..

Thanks.. fudgie . Least u have a sense of reality..

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then what is 50/50 is you should get 50% of the spit up and diapers and sleepless nights and no social life. So you split the kid 50/50. That way she gets to do what she wants 50% of the week and gets a 50% chance at a better job and you can have 50% of the week to do what you want with your life. But alas life is not 50/50 now is it? My husband did not get 50% of pregnancy, he did not get 50% of my labour. He did not get 50% of doing anything at home while he was off making his career for 7 years. No, I did 99% of ALL home and child care for YEARS. Not fair, but it is what it is. I did it because that is what HAD to be done for my husband to have a better career and make more in the long run. You do what have to do to make your child's life better. Anything less than that is piss poor parenting.

You are going to shoot yourself in the foot with that kind of attitude, not only as far as your home life, but in the courtroom as well. I really, really suggest you work on that before you guys go to court to establish parentage/custody/visitation/child support.

Archived