Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Today was a warm day in the 80s, so I pulled out some lighter clothing.

After work my son's and I went to get some family pictures done, and afterward we had dinner together. It is,always so fun to listen in on their banter.

I drove my older son over to pay his rent (his landlord is out of town a ways). It,was still somewhat warm out, so I opened the sun roof and we had such a pleasant drive. Just a very nice evening all around.

Oh my goodness, my friend J lost her mother in January. Now she just got a call from the medical examiner and her younger brother died in his sleep yesterday. She is in shock.

Both her parents are gone (her dad had cancer and dementia and had died 2 years ago, and her mom had strokes and seizures and finally succumbed to an infection in January). All she had left were her 2 brothers and 2 step parents.

So sad for her.

Had a nice walk today. C got there before I did, so I parked my car and went up the trail to find them. C's dog somehow knew I was there and she stopped where she was, turned around, and pulled C back to the parking lot to find me. Amazing that she knew I was there without seeing me!

Today was a hot day, and of course no air conditioning in my building. I put 3 fans in my office, and that helped.

Ive been busy working extra, to make sure we don't miss anything with our state testing. Hopefully that will wind down pretty soon.

Only 4 weeks left of school now.

I tried to give my cat his flea medicine pill, but he wasn't having anything to do with that! I thought i would try something different- I bought some chicken baby food, and ground up the pill and mixed it in. My cat went and nibbled some, and then ran off and gagged. So instead I tried to give him a whole pill and he sure resisted- spit it out twice. I finally got it in him. But now I smell like chicken baby food. Ack.

• 2 weeks later...

My older son has finished his degree and will get his diploma. He doesn't want to go through the ceremony though, since he is not big on large crowds of people.

Next up- job hunting. He has been looking for a job for 6 months already, and has had several series of interviews. A few nibbles but no offers.

I suspect he may need to move in with me in August

Did my 5 mile walk today.

It has been rainy and cold all week. Today was sunny and very warm.

After my walk I came home and mowed the lawn. I ran out of gas for the mower partway through, so I pulled out the push mower and got it done. Phew! It was hot out by then.

2 nights in a row, I have woken up to squeaks. My cat keeps bringing in live mice. He knows I will chase him right back out the door. Tonight he let it go in the hallway and it went into my linen closet. I opened the door for the cat to get it, and thankfully he did. I chased him out with a tail hanging out of his mouth .