Rocio's Pregnancy Thread

rocio

They do so many cute things in the womb. Apparently they play with the cord, sometimes even grasping is so long that they cut off oxygen.

The last sono I saw of my Liam he was examining his own face with his hand. He was touching his nose. He passed on shortly after that, but it was such a BEAUTIFUL thing. I used to see my living son's hand outlined on my tummy, and his foot and he would shove pretty hard with his feet under my ribs.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my 5 month ultrasound today and it's a girl! She was so active, her heart beating Perfectly, the brain was perfect, saw her face - alien eyes, little button nose, and a mout that was busy sucking her thumb and yawning. The techician said everything was just what they wanted to see.

I'm so lucky - two little girls just for me!

He was hoping for a boy this time but of course he's thrilled. It's not easy for a guy to be surrounded by women. We cry and get emotional, which of course freaks him out and I don't think he quite understands that us women feel soothes when we cry. It's also more stressful with a girl because you lose so much sleep praying that nobody abuses her. Boys are just so much easier.

But he loves the fancy dresses and the braided hair and all that fun stuff that goes with being a girl. He is a total fashion guru.

lol, sounds like how L is going to be if we have girls. If I could control it I would only want one girl. I think about how I was a teenager and I think one mini me is all the world could handle, lol. I'd much rather have 3 boys running around but I'll take what the universe gives us, you know? But I agree, boys are just far less to worry about.

How are you feeling nowadays?

Oh yeah we have lots of girl clothes. My sister has 3 little girls so we're always passing stuff back and forth.

Ive felt 100% for the last 2 months. I hardly feel pregnant, other than the constant kicks and the awesome new wardrobe.

I've never seen my daughter as happy as she was yesterday when we told her it's a girl. She was screaming with joy, lol.

Yay another girl

(I'd love to have a second girl... )

Glad to hear you're feeling so well rocio. The hiccups are so funny to feel, once you realize they are in fact hiccups. My daughter had a lot of hiccups during the pregnancy, and also a long time after she was born

Yay another girl

(I'd love to have a second girl... )

Glad to hear you're feeling so well rocio. The hiccups are so funny to feel, once you realize they are in fact hiccups. My daughter had a lot of hiccups during the pregnancy, and also a long time after she was born

My son did too!! He would have hiccoughs from 6 pm to 9 pm every night from 29 weeks till he was born.

• 4 months later...

I'm now 5 days past my due date and don't feel like labor will happen anytime soon. I can't really complain - I'm sleeping just fine and have no swelling. I worked from home the last couple of weeks, and even scheduled to start mat leave 3 days after my due date! I suspected I would go over and didn't want to be going crazy, bored and waiting.

Now I'm home with my 4 year old daughter. She enjoys it. We have a schedule where we do math, spelling, art, ballet, piano, yoga, walks, bath, quiet time (I sleep and she gets to watch tv), as well as getting out to indoor playgrounds or swimming pool for some energetic play and socialization. Hopefully I can keep up a good routine when the baby comes, so my older one and I both get the stimulation we need.

I'm also sewing crib bedding and recovering a rocking chair using my grandma's sewing machine from the 50s. I just found that the crib bedding out there was overpriced, poor qualty, and for the most part hideous.

Anyway, hopefully my new little buddy will come in the next few days. I have a non stress test and biophysical booked next week but really hope she comes this weekend. I'm having painful contractions every 7 minutes, leg cramps, and I'm really tires of all the phone calls asking when she is coming! I can see she is stubborn and likes to be fashionably late, just like her big sister.

Thanks Victoria and Bella. I'm 8 days over now, so within 6 days I'll have her one way or another. I'm taking my daughter to the waterpark today to distract me, then to the hospital for the non stress test tonight. Meeting up with some moms for a playdate tomorrow. Trying to keep busy and not go crazy.

My baby was born 3 hours ago but I only saw her for a few seconds. I can hear her crying accross the hall as they hook up IV and antibiotics. She will be moved to another hospital but I have to stay here. I had an epidural this time but hated the experience. I couldn't feel my baby coming out and now I can't hold her. I'm also quite sick, unable to get up to see her. Anyway, she is gorgeous and looks just like her sister.

Rocio, congrats!!!! I am sorry there were some unexpected issues that caused her to need monitoring. Please keep us posted. I will pray for your family. It must be frustrating to be seperated from her like that. (( hugs))I hope you feel better soon too so you can visit her. Be sure to get your rest .

She is still at the nicu. Condition not stable yet. I was discharged quickly so I could be with her. Discharged about 10 hours after delivery. She mostly slept all day but woke up happy when I changed her soiled diaper. She loves to be touched by her parents. She is so pretty, I can't believe my eyes.

Thanks for the support all.

Archived