Rocio's Pregnancy Thread

rocio

Wow you are showing already?

I will be 26 weeks tomorrow, and am still not showing very much. When I went to Chicago some of my friends said I didn't look pregnant, others said I was very small to be 6 months. i think I have only gained about 5-7 pounds so far, and it's all in the stomach. I am now trying to lose weight, by walking everyday.

I don't really have cravings either--but I have been a big fan of milk duds lately(I know not good).

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally with the first pregnancy, you don't show as soon. Something about your muscles being tighter and your uterus being smaller. For second pregnancies it's normal to start showing a bit in the first trimester.

With my first pregnancy I didn't start showing until closer to 5 months either.

Normally with the first pregnancy, you don't show as soon. Something about your muscles being tighter and your uterus being smaller. For second pregnancies it's normal to start showing a bit in the first trimester.

With my first pregnancy I didn't start showing until closer to 5 months either.

I'm closer to 7 months and I'm still pretty small, but I figure I'll probably get bigger over time. I'm starting to freak out about the weight gain. Ugh. For all my mom's pregnancies she did not start showing until she was 6 months, so I'm thinking it's genetic, because 6 months is right around the time where I start showing a bit.

You should post a picture of your belly!

Only your doctor can tell you whether you should be concerned. Some women don't show as much because of the position of the uterus - it can be back a bit more. But your doctor should be able to tell you whether the babies are the proper size for their stage.

You should post a picture of your belly!

Only your doctor can tell you whether you should be concerned. Some women don't show as much because of the position of the uterus - it can be back a bit more. But your doctor should be able to tell you whether the babies are the proper size for their stage.

I will know next week if the babies are progressing right. I was actually supposed to go for an appointment last week for another ultrasound(getting a second opinion because my first ultrasound didn't seem right), but I ended up staying in Chicago for almost two weeks and skipping the appointment. So I'm actually not too sure whether this is normal or not. When I was 20 weeks and found out I was having twins, I was told everything was progressing fine--but again the ultrasound didn't seem right, nor do the pictures(but that's an entirely different story). I don't know--I guess I will find out next week... I'm kind of nervous actually, this pregnancy has been very hands off and easy, so hoping it stays that way.

Do you have any mustard cravings?

I had a lot of that as well as cinnamon bun cravings. I would always stop whenever I was near a bakery or mall.

I showed early with A. I did gain more weight with that pregnancy (maybe 10lbs more), but it was overall healthy. I did expect to show earlier though. People at the workplace started noticing around 10-11 weeks. Did you tell them yet?

Do you have any mustard cravings?

I had a lot of that as well as cinnamon bun cravings. I would always stop whenever I was near a bakery or mall.

I showed early with A. I did gain more weight with that pregnancy (maybe 10lbs more), but it was overall healthy. I did expect to show earlier though. People at the workplace started noticing around 10-11 weeks. Did you tell them yet?

No, I didn't announce the pregnancy at work yet. Although I've already started transitioning into the new role, it hasn't been finalised in HR. We hope to have everything signed and be able to announce my new position today. What timing!

Most of my clothes make me look quite pregnant. Last night I spent a couple hours trying on everything in my closet and setting aside any outfits that still manage to hide the belly. I planned out my outfits for the week, so that's a bit of a relief. I don't think I have enough outfits to last into next week though.

I'll have to try mustard. That actually sounds good right now.

Rocio, I clearly remember how difficult it was to find clothes that hid my pregnancy at work. I pulled it off for about 5 months (I think- although one coworker told me she knew I was pregnant in my first trimester because she saw me eating Doritos and knew I would never eat them unless I was pregnant because I was always dieting lol)

I feel for you though. It's always so difficult to know when it is appropriate to let people know, and I remember trying to hold out as long as possible. I didn't want people in my business, I didn't want to talk about pregnancy with other women at work, and I didn't want to be perceived differently by my superiors (i.e. if there was any opportunity for advancement I didnt' want them to think "oh she'll be taking a maternity leave soon- forget her")

No matter how advanced and modern we are in society, women are still perceived somewhat differently in the workplace when pregnant. Also , if you are used to being powerful and assertive at work, having a bun in the oven can add a level of vulnerability to your overall aura. That was my experience at least. So I hid my little bun in the oven for as long as I could. Layers really help, as well as tops with patterns on them.

(i.e. if there was any opportunity for advancement I didnt' want them to think "oh she'll be taking a maternity leave soon- forget her")

I was just promoted to manager last week! I took my boss's position so I'll be supervising my former peers. They are all males, and my two now-fellow managers are also males. Should be interesting.

Layers really help, as well as tops with patterns on them.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try that. It's such an awful stage when you look bigger but not pregnant. Can't wait to look obviously pregnant.

Yeah, that is rather creepy I must admit. What do they really gain from having their own art studio, except to get a big head?

You're actually really lucky that you still fit in regular clothes. I did gain weight rather fast with my second, and so I was into pregnancy clothes by week 10-12.

It's strange, since my first trimester symptoms have improved recently, I've lost the weight and now feel normal and fit my clothes normally. I'm all over the place here - gaining weight, losing weight, bigger, smaller, sick, not sick... I'm not too happy about losing weight but I don't think it was really fat stores so much as just the weight/volume taken up by all the food I was eating.

• 1 month later...

So I'm now well into my fourth month. Yesterday someone asked me for the first time whether I was pregnant. There have been other people who, once I told them, said, "yeah, I thought so but I didn't want to say anything just in case..."

Now I guess I officially look pregnant instead of "fat", lol.. Yay!

One thing that's bothering me a bit with this pregnancy is that I can feel more downward pressure from the weight of the baby. Almost like the muscles aren't as strong down there or something. I guess that's probably normal with second pregnancies.

Otherwise, I feel great. The baby is active and I feel him/her often throughout the day, kicking around and playing in there. I read online that they don't have a consciousness yet. That the neurons in their brains don't start to fuse for another 1.5 months at least. But then, native american tradition says that the baby's spirit chooses the parents, and once you feel the first movement, that's when it's soul has entered. So then, what - is he in limbo?

I've already gained 15 lbs, so I guess I'm just a "gainer". What are you gonna do? I'm eating healthy and staying active. So if my body insists on putting on weight, who am I to argue? My husband doesn't mind anyway. He finds pregnancy hot. He even gets turned on by the manequins in the maternity store! haha!

• 2 weeks later...
I swear my baby never sleeps! I feel like he's kicking around in there non-stop all day. Is that normal?

Mine was exactly like that. He still is. I really think it is true that behavior in the womb continues on once the baby is born. He never was still then and he never is now. One day I sat in my grandmother's recliner and she was in awe over how she could see my stomach moving and jumping from accross the room for 6 hours straight while my grandfather and husband were out fishing for the day. She said none of her 4 kids ever did that during pregnancy.

You have an active little friend in there.

Archived