Rocio's Pregnancy Thread

rocio

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a pregnancy question for those who have had children or intend to:

What would you/will you do with the placenta?

I wanted to store the placenta and cord blood, but my placenta had to be delivered surgically and it tore into pieces so they could not do anything with it.

I think they say you can take the basic cold medications but I chose to stick with more natural remedies - humidifier, ginger and honey, salt water, etc. Due to the pregnancy dehydration combined with the throat infection, I had to eat a spoonful of yogurt about every half hour through the night, just to coat my throat. I was also chugging water all night, so using the bathroom about every hour. Needless to say, sleep has been hard to come by lately.

check out the Neti Pot, mama. It's a God send when you have sinus issues and are pregnant (and all natural).

Dude, what's up with this "morning" sickness? (ie: 24-7 killer nausea) I feel like it's sucking the life out of me. I know nature knows best and must have a good reason for having evolved me this way. But I find it hard to understand how beating up on my body for 3 months is really the best start to a pregnancy. Wouldn't it make more sense for nature to give me plenty of strength so I can build muscle and prepare my body for the intense journey ahead?

I feel like a feeble old woman. Last night I went to bed at 5 pm. Just walking downstairs and back up to my bedroom, I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. I've stopped blow drying my hair and now let it dry into natural waves, something I've never done before, because I no longer have the strength to hold the blow dryer for 1/2 hour.

darn you, morning sickness. You mock me with your misleading name. Give me my body back or I swear I'll drop kick you.

Yeah my eating plan is helping a lot. It lessens the severity but I'm still sick all day and all night.

Plus, when I find a good food that works well, pretty soon I start to associate that food with feeling sick and start to have an aversion to it. Right now I'm hooked on cheddar bagels with herb and garlic cream cheese. So sinful. Had 2 yesterday and 1 today. Am thinking of getting another one for supper.

I promised my daughter I'd take her to the amusement park after daycare today since my H is going to a pub with some colleagues and I wanted to get the long weekend off to a fun start. I hope I don't fall asleep on the rides! Lol..

Husbands are so comforting, aren't they? When I complained to mine this afternoon, his response was something along the lines of, "yeah, well at least your boobs are huge". Sigh, what a great consolation. He's such a guy.

Here is a pregnancy question for those who have had children or intend to:

What would you/will you do with the placenta?

I donated mine. They came around with a consent form and this little bucket with a cap on it, and kept thanking me, but I figured since I didn't store it, it was the least I could do.

I'm officially back! The pregnancy nausea and fatigue robbed me of everything - my strength, my energy, my personality, my love for life... And suddenly about 4 days ago, I was back. For the last month, I moped around barely living, just existing.

I love to be me. Love, love, love it.

I must be letting out lots of happy energy. Tonight I made two new friends. First the waitress asked if my daughter and I wanted to hang out so I gave her my number. Then a dad at the jungle gym gave me his card and suggested we do a play date ( for the kids, obviously. There's always a chance he thought it was romantic but I'm 95% sure he didn't. I recognized his accent because he is from my husband's country and group of people. I'll get my husband to call him. Oh, and yesterday I was on the phone with our IT Help desk and they said, "you're so friendly, we always like to help you".

It's so nice to be back. And it's early - only 8 weeks. Although I have sort of suspected that I may have been 1 month further along than I thought so maybe I'm actually finished the first trimester, which would make more sense.

Yeah I find it`s really hard to judge now that kids or work is involved to determine whether the guy is interested in you romantically or not. They are also more mature, so they tend to not be in your face so much about it. I've had people I thought were just friends, and then 8 months later they tell me they are romantically interested - surprise?

I'm starting to wonder whether the baby is still baking in there. My pregnancy symptoms seemed to go away so suddenly, even the breast soreness, the frequent peeing... I've stopped talking about the pregnancy because I won't know for sure whether it's still there for a couple weeks when I visit my doctor again.

I'm not overly stressed. I know first trimester pregnancy losses are nature's way of ensuring that strong, healthy babies are born. And I dont have cramping or any other signs so it's probably just fine in there. Stressing won't do me any good. It just gives me a bit of a nagging bad feeling. Wish I knew for sure

I'm starting to wonder whether the baby is still baking in there. My pregnancy symptoms seemed to go away so suddenly, even the breast soreness, the frequent peeing... I've stopped talking about the pregnancy because I won't know for sure whether it's still there for a couple weeks when I visit my doctor again.

I'm not overly stressed. I know first trimester pregnancy losses are nature's way of ensuring that strong, healthy babies are born. And I dont have cramping or any other signs so it's probably just fine in there. Stressing won't do me any good. It just gives me a bit of a nagging bad feeling. Wish I knew for sure

Hey rocio, try not to worry. Expecially since you have no bleeding or cramping. If you are really worried though don't wait weeks to see the doctor. Call for an emergency visit. It will give you piece of mind.

Cravings:

Turnips - A couple weeks ago I suddenly started craving turnips, which I probably eat once every few years. That night, I was served turnips! Coincidence? I don't know.

Gouda Cheese - I've been having flashbacks to my last trip to Holland, and the wonderful cheese I ate with my great aunt for breakfast every morning. (Then again at lunch, and again at supper.) I visited a specialty cheese store and picked up Gouda, Manchego (the Spanish cheese) and some Italian olives. I went home and ate them with sour dough bread, cherries, cream cheese, pecans, walnuts and sparkling apple beverage. I finished it all off with a brioche pepin. Ah, life is good.

Pickles, of course. I eat them daily now.

The ice cream cravings haven't started yet, although I'm not someone who normally likes ice cream. (I did develop a killer haagen dazs addiction with my first pregnancy though.)

Olive Garden salad. I love the hot peppers.

Rosemary and honey macarons

Archived