Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yikes I'm so sorry to hear that! Going to the hospital is scary. I hope your sinuses clear up soon.

Sent from Tapatalk

Hey Fudgie,

Yeah I am doing better this morning. The doctor started my course of treatment last night at the hospital because we have no open pharmacies here at night beyond 10 PM. I am exhausted though because I had a hard time breathing for two days before I went. But I should be good as new by Monday!

Ouch Vic - glad to hear they were able to get you some clear air to breathe. Hope the medication KEEPS it that way for a while, these weather changes are hell on people with allergies and/or asthma.

Yeah I have bad allergies and asthma too. My asthma is really bad with any respiratory infection. But the prednisone should should bring a stop to my allergic response. It basically stops the immune system from responding because mine is very overactive causing the asthma response. This is basically what happens in a bad asthma attack[video=youtube;EK8nzKzdnIM] ]

I am allergic to cats.... I have 4 ,stupid I know. Grass, pollen and dust.

Then my sinuses swell and then I get sinusitis and then my lungs go nuts. The nurse and the doctor were pretty surprised at how sensitive my bronchial tubes are. TMI I know ,but as soon as they cleared my breathing I could hack up the copious amounts of mucus in there. The asthma attack just produces so much mucus.

The Great Wall of text, all designed to make this old lady cross eyed and crazy. Use goddamned paragraphs! Then I might be able to see.

Hahaha, that and punctuation/spelling are some of my pet peeves Vic. I hate wading through War and Peace that consists of two or three run on sentences to make up three pages of text!!! Sometimes I'll stop in my "reading tracks" to backtrack and find the beginning of a sentence and discover it's seventeen lines UP the page!

Hahaha, that and punctuation/spelling are some of my pet peeves Vic. I hate wading through War and Peace that consists of two or three run on sentences to make up three pages of text!!! Sometimes I'll stop in my "reading tracks" to backtrack and find the beginning of a sentence and discover it's seventeen lines UP the page!

Oh God ,I just want paragraphs so I can see. I get some really weird ocular disturbance if there's a Great Wall of text. It is almost like my eyes disconnect from my brain. I actually start seeing wavy lines and spirals and weird stuff. So I literally cannot read something that's a Great Wall of text. Sometimes I would really like to read it too but I can't. I think people sometimes don't realize that after 40 your eyes just go downhill. And last year I got my first set of progressive lenses. But I still can't read with the blessed things on and have to take them off anyway. Aging !Curse you!

Yeah - I have to read books with my glasses off - I've had bad distance vision since 4th grade though.

I've noticed that close up stuff is getting more and more difficult. Argh - whoever said you can age "gracefully" was obviously in their 20's. I'm about as graceful as a lumbering ox in a china shop half the time!

Yeah - I have to read books with my glasses off - I've had bad distance vision since 4th grade though.

I've noticed that close up stuff is getting more and more difficult. Argh - whoever said you can age "gracefully" was obviously in their 20's. I'm about as graceful as a lumbering ox in a china shop half the time!

Hahaha yeah!

Well ,I was able to get up for two hours. I suppose that's better than yesterday which was no hours. At least my sinuses are draining now and there is no tightness in my chest whatsoever. And the horrendous coughing is gone . So I guess I am on the mend. But I have to be up and ready for work tomorrow.

Today is my stepsister's birthday. She is 36.

Oh wow - it is ridiculous what can happen in just a few years - I'm sorry you experienced that and am really, really glad you recovered and very glad that things are good in the relationship now.

Yeah.. it really shocked me because I'd never been sick before. They think it was because I started taking Yasmin (birth control pill).

But so true - once I notice that I'm finding it hard to breathe.. it's hard to stop finding it hard to breathe.

Ahh ... my highschool best friend had bad asthma ans needed the nebulizer - I remember she'd always hug me and tremble from the effects of the steroids after she had them. Not fun at all..glad you went to the hospital. I think not going or waiting and hoping it'll get better is the mistake we all make too often. I nearly made it with my P.E. I assumed I just had anxiety. It was only when the pain got really bad and I couldn't lie down that I went.

Oh wow - it is ridiculous what can happen in just a few years - I'm sorry you experienced that and am really, really glad you recovered and very glad that things are good in the relationship now.

Yeah.. it really shocked me because I'd never been sick before. They think it was because I started taking Yasmin (birth control pill).

But so true - once I notice that I'm finding it hard to breathe.. it's hard to stop finding it hard to breathe.

Ohh yeah Yazmin is known for that. Yikes. So glad you are ok.

Ahh ... my highschool best friend had bad asthma ans needed the nebulizer - I remember she'd always hug me and tremble from the effects of the steroids after she had them. Not fun at all..glad you went to the hospital. I think not going or waiting and hoping it'll get better is the mistake we all make too often. I nearly made it with my P.E. I assumed I just had anxiety. It was only when the pain got really bad and I couldn't lie down that I went.

Yeah ,I get the really bad shakes from salbutamol too!

Sometimes we have to get better at recognizing when to give in and get help.

I have to go back on a regular regimen of inhaled steroids for a while. The emergency room doctor gave me five months worth of refills.

Archived