Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just feel alone today. I dunno maybe I'll chicken out.

Last night my husband did something pretty insensitive. He brought to my attention where one of our military veterans with PTSD killed herself by driving her car into a transport truck. I said no thank you I don't want to hear about it. It disturbs me. Yet he continued to play the newscast on his phone in the same room. That is when I snapped. I said I told you I can't hear stuff like that and you continue to play it! What the F is the matter with you? So he walked into the other room to finish listening. And he came back and said well the article wasn't about her killing herself . I said obviously look you're not understanding. Does not matter that that is not what the article was about they mentioned it is my point. Don't do that to me again.

I hate being alone in understanding how it feels to be me.

I mean really how would he feel if I played articles about people with Parkinson's dying?

Aww - I'm a bit scared too cause I'm having a bit of trouble trying to breath. Ever since I had the pulmonary embolism when I have breathing trouble I get scared.

Do you think the stress of the referral and annoyance with your husband being insensitive is making it worse?

Feeling scared sucks. I hope it passes for us both soon.

Aww - I'm a bit scared too cause I'm having a bit of trouble trying to breath. Ever since I had the pulmonary embolism when I have breathing trouble I get scared.

Do you think the stress of the referral and annoyance with your husband being insensitive is making it worse?

Feeling scared sucks. I hope it passes for us both soon.

Hey Hun! Since you went and came back I had a complete breakdown ( nervous breakdown) and been in therapy for a year and a half. All the traumas over the span of my life just kind of overwhelmed me. I am doing so so so much better now though. I do have PTSD and a panic disorder though. So some days I struggle more than others.

And my husband and I have developed a great many more communication skills and we are so much happier now. Yesterday was just an aberration ,you know occasional forgetting about what one finds sensitive.

But yes ,occasionally have problems with asthma when I'm stressed.

You had a pulmonary embolism? Wow. I am so sorry. I am so glad you're still with us!! As I'm sure you know they are very dangerous. My maternal grandmother died of a pulmonary embolism and heart attack.

When I have trouble breathing it drives my panic which then makes it harder to breathe. So it is kind of like a vicious circle.

I didn't end up going to the hospital but have been steaming up the bathroom to release a chest congestion. I felt better so we went to TGIF because it was a family one. I was so excited my son actually started playing pool with the other teenagers out of his own volition!!!!

Uh ugh was in the hospital last night for out of control asthma attack due to the sinus infection. After 2 nebulizer treatments yay I could breath!!! They gave me some prescriptions for prednisone, antibiotics and inhalers. After the treatments they said my O2 level was acceptable and my broncospasm had stopped. I had got to the point I could not even talk the coughing to be able to breath was so bad.

Archived