Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other day my son and I went out for lunch. I told him all the wonderful things there are about him. He is innately humble. He is totally lacking jealousy in any form. He is not greedy. And really in a lot of ways he is a parent's dream. He rarely talks back. He is respectful. He almost never gets into trouble. He does not believe in smoking ,drinking ,drugs and having sex. He does his schoolwork. Really he is an awesome kid.

I think it is the EDMR as to why I no longer have an emotional connection to any of that trauma. What EDMR does, is it allows the brain to sort memories into areas of the brain where they belong. It allows the brain to effectively put them in the past. What happens in PTSD is the brain is damaged in such a way that it cannot sort memories properly. And they get stored all over in different parts of the brain where they don't belong. And it keeps the memories and the emotions that those memories create in the present. EDMR will not take away the memories but it puts them in the brain in places where it has little to no effect on the present.

My mom for the most part I would say 97% of the time is no longer defensive about the past. She has finally taken ownership of her mistakes. I saw her defensiveness about the past as trying to shift blame for my hurt and agony onto me. I don't know is that really a fair way to take her defensiveness? I think so. Defensiveness is blame shifting. So her taking ownership of her mistakes and me no longer being angry allows us to discuss the past without any resentment for each other. What a massive difference therapy has made to our relationship! Well ,my therapy and her being willing to look at things differently. The BOTH of us being willing to look at things differently.

I met up with my brother and his work friend. His friend was really nice. My brother was telling me he REALLY believes that his soon to be ex wife wants to kill him. He seriously believes it. She has now admitted to taking "medication" but won't tell him which one. I call BULL SHYTE on that and told him he has been taking drugs and I told him that from the beginning. I told him to get a retraining order and to DOCUMENT EVERYTHING and send it to a lawyer. DO EVERYTHING by text or email. And NEVER go back to his house if he fears for his life and tell the lawyer that. He also think she got fired already.

Awww I'm sorry to hear that!! Do you know what is triggering your migraines? And I hope you have found a medication that at least makes them managable.

I haven't had one in years and years, but Istill remember the pain. I really hope they let up soon for you.

I am not sure. I think it is a sinus issue, but ANYTHING really can cause me to get one. Stub my toe =migraine. Get angry=migraine. Get a cold=migraine. It is a constant for any change in my life. Ya know? And then it causes severe pain in my neck and in my shoulder blade. If I can get the knot out of my shoulder blade I can stop the migraine. No medication seems to work. Well, codeine sometimes. But that is how I became an opiate addict years ago. So I try to avoid it in most cases because it took me over 7 times to ditch opiates. I did it on my own. I think I put in my migraine thread ice cream works. There is a PLUS. Ice cream works by causing a brain freeze which interrupts the migraine cycle. After brain scans when I was young they told me they have no physical reason why they are there. So they determined it as idiopathic. But my mom and my son have migraines as well. I expect to have them for life because my mom is past menopause and she still has them.

Pauvre chou. The only plus to all that is having a valid reason to eat ice cream.

Hahaha, yes I am a poor little cabbage. Well as literal translation.

HAhaha true. They have known for a long time they are genetic. I just feel SO bad when my son gets one because I know I passed them onto him. I wish I could bare them for him.

Archived