Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

I remember my dad's brother's druggie friends used to break into my dad's apartment when my brother and I lived there. His druggie friends used to break in there while my brother and I were sleep. It would be terrifying to wake up and find druggie people sleeping on my dad's couch.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know whether I should feel insulted or not. My son always comes second compared to what her foster kids are doing. And she seems to have forgotten the seven years that I took my holidays so she could go on holiday and I looked after her foster kids for her. I would take my holidays from work so that she could go on holiday. Lady all I want is three-days. And I can tell you it would be a whole heckuva lot quieter here then at your house. And I know you are severely allergic to my cats and can't stay in the house. But why not have some time alone with your grandson? You have not had a day alone with him since he was 2 years old. Since he was two years old you've always looking after other people's kids too. I'm sure he would appreciate a weekend with you just by himself. Not that he's ever complained because it's the only thing he knows sharing his grandparents with other people. And he has loved all the kids. He thinks that kind of life is completely normal. So he is not hurt by it at all. But I'm sure he would love some time that with just you and him.

In seeing the death of my brother's marriage I've come to realize he didn't come through childhood as unscathed as I thought he did. Maybe I am just more aware of life around me now as I see life through a different filter. I am also realizing how both my brother and I are a lot like our mother in different ways and in also the same ways. We are both incredibly forgiving like her. And because of that incredibly forgiving nature we have both like our mother put up with too much BS from people especially spouses.

I don't know maybe she's being pissy about the babysitting because she asked me to babysit on 27 December so that she could go to their friend's house for the evening sans kiddos. But that is always the day that we go home. So I said no. When we lived back in our hometown, yes ,I would always babysit that Christmas time she'd go spend with her friends. But obviously I cannot do that now when I live three hours away. And I know you can't leave with the kids with just anybody because that's not allowed. But I cannot leave my son with just anybody either because he just simply won't do it. Family are the only people he will stay with. And my in-laws are getting far too old and unstable. They don't make good decisions. And I don't want to involve my sister-in-law either because if my sister-in-law stays here my in-laws feel like it's their property to come to and they just can come and plant their bottom at my house without ever even asking me.

So yeah, I think I should just give up any thoughts of significant time alone without our child until he is an adult. That is not much longer. And depending upon his emotional tolerance level, well...........it may not be long or it could be longer than I think. But this is having a disabled child. Whatever made me think I could have significant time alone......dumb ass. You have been living this for 16 years. Forever the dreamer and wanting it all. Give up on that L and stop frustrating yourself.

So yeah, that is something to think about. They use OHIP to pay for the programme. I mean I have life insurance but my dr told me that insurance companies will discriminate against you if you admit to having been abused because they consider you a "risk." That is why he REFUSED to put anything on my medical file.

Discrimination is not something I would look forward to. I already got shamed and made fun of as a teenager. And even now if you discuss it with anybody then they look at you with pity or disgust or don't know what to say.

But I mean I have life-insurance I don't plan on changing it.

I suppose I could ask my doctor if he would have to reported it to any future employer. Yeah I did nothing wrong but I get kicked in the teeth for it. Isn't that always the way?

So yeah, that is something to think about. They use OHIP to pay for the programme. I mean I have life insurance but my dr told me that insurance companies will discriminate against you if you admit to having been abused because they consider you a "risk." That is why he REFUSED to put anything on my medical file.

That's insane! I can't believe it.

You have to be careful with insurance companies because they have no problem taking your premiums every month. But then when you die, they'll bring out their impossibly well paid lawyers to come up with any excuse not to pay out. They'll dig back through your medical records, interview people you know...

I would talk to a lawyer who understands life insurance really well and let him help you read the fine print on your policy.

That's insane! I can't believe it.

You have to be careful with insurance companies because they have no problem taking your premiums every month. But then when you die, they'll bring out their impossibly well paid lawyers to come up with any excuse not to pay out. They'll dig back through your medical records, interview people you know...

I would talk to a lawyer who understands life insurance really well and let him help you read the fine print on your policy.

Yeah ,it's pretty sad that people have to consider whether to get therapy for being abused because you might get discriminated against. But my doctor told me that insurance companies are infamous for it.

Archived