Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

SA's Healing Journal

SA2000

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up at "S"'s again. I need to take sone time away from her. I don't want her to think anything. My head is not where it needs to be yet and I am not interested in being with anyone else long term right now. I don't want to hurt her so pulling back is my only option.

Woke up at "S"'s again. I need to take sone time away from her. I don't want her to think anything. My head is not where it needs to be yet and I am not interested in being with anyone else long term right now. I don't want to hurt her so pulling back is my only option.

May be a little late for her not to feel hurt if you pull away but there is nothing you can do about that. I agree if you are not ready pulling back is a good idea. I dated a girl for 2 months before I was ready and it did not end well when I pulled back so be prepared. I think I slept with her like 45 times in 60 days! ha...I was really trying to forget the ex.

P.S. Hope your Packers kick the crap out of the Steelers today. I am a Seahawk fan I have not forgot how the Steelers beat us in the Superbowl in O5.

I ended up staying in and watching the post game coverage at home. I started to fall asleep on the couch and kept getting woken up by texts from "S". She wanted me to meet her out at the bar she was at. Like 30 of my buddies where there too. I was too tired from the long weekend and ended up going to sleep. She is still cooking me steak dinner tonight. I have seen her almost every day for the last week or so. She is cool but I am not super in to her.

The ex texted me in the morning to let me know that she met with an attorney for her car accident. She is going to call me later to let me know how the conversation went. I went through something similar so I can be of assistance to her. I was doing pretty well not speaking with her and think I should probably go back to not being her friend after she is through this little stretch.

Alright its time for me to start looking for my own place. I got into it with my buddy I live with over something little and thats enough for me to realize I need to move. That place depresses me big time and is NOT helping me mentally. It was the first place I went after the break up. Now I feel like I need a fresh start. Getting out of there will be a breath of fresh air.

Last night I left work and headed to the gym. On my way there I got a call from the ex. We talked about her accident and how she had decided to get an attorney. She's using the same one I used for my car accident. We chatted briefly and I let her go.

I had a good workout and then headed to "S"'s for dinner. She owed me a steak. "S" was looking pretty hot when I got there and she always does a great job of making me feel comfortable and at home. I ended up spending the night abd waking up early to leave to get ready for work.

In any other situation I would probably be pretty content. I have a very attractive lady who is doing everything to male me hers. But I'm just not there yet. I dont know that I'll ever be there. I don't need the ex but I've never felt like I could be with anyone else for the long hall. I feel as though if things don't eventually work themselves out with the ex I wont be able to commit to anyone else. That I would be lying to them if I did. Maybe I just haven't met the right lady yet.

The other girl I was kind of dating "C" texted me today asking how I have been and saying she would like to see me this weekend. Ugh. I forgot how much I disliked the single life. I told her I would probably be around but I dont think I want to hang out with her. I think this weekend I'll stay in and take some time off of the ladies. I am sure that "S" will want to see me but this is moving faster then I would like.

Haha. Thats how it always works out Kid.

The ex called me while I was at work today to tell me that the horn on her rental car isn't working? I am seriously worried that I am going to go from 0 ladies to too many ladies. But I wont let that stop me from meeting some new ones!

wow ur ex is reaching, anything to talk to u.. maybe she is trying to reach out and rekindle things..

thats what they do.. women are very manipulative.. they dont tell you straight up whats on there mind and why they are contacting you.. they come up with some BS like my horn isnt working! or a flyer to favorite TV show..lol because they wont let their ego come down enough to be like .. hey i miss you and want to talk to you. F em.

why do you think that Cal? what reason would she have not to contact after so many years?

come on bro,you know she will. but it doesn't really mean anything.

i'm tired of girls,and wish to be single for 1 month at least. last time i was single was 10 years ago,f that.

do you even want her to contact? you sure do

hi gallop,

no worries. i am really ok. in fact, i am afraid of that call if it comes because i know it will mess with my progress.

oh well, NC 23. i dont want to jinx it but i can't wait for NC30. it is an achievement because it is like years of NC to me. haha

you know what Cal,the only thing i don't like about you is the fact that you're pretending.

i will stop posting on your thread.

you are like SA,act all big men,and when the ex calls,you guys loose all the control(not that i need to care)

remember how i mentioned before? do not fool yourself or you will lose time and respect for yourself.

to be honest,so far i like the Kid,Jonesy,and Makeit the most,they listen and learn.

Kid is young,but earned my respect(not that he needs it or anything).

jeez man i'd love to go 30 days nc......! there's 2 things that will happen in my scenario..........she will hate me for limiting contact....(most likely) and we will never be friends, or she will think man i f'kd this up when she realises i actually don't need her and try and work things out further down the line (not very likely) Guys guys guys guys...............!!!!!!!! mine keeps confusing me everytime something happens i get confused, post here and people point out whats going on and i able to see the different oppinions given and see the different things that maybe happening.

Whatever you, realise ok, she may be doing this that and the other, fine, then slam it to the back of your mind like a slam dunk in the final seconds and get on with your day......!!!! my ex is one fish in a massive pond......she f'kd up and lost a good guy and a good family, if she has somone else, good luck, if she never comes back, good luck, I KNOW i miss her, I KNOW i love her................BUT GUYS.....I KNOW I DON'T NEED HER.....and you don't need yours, stop counting nc days, just go day to day nc, counting the damn days......thats a whole issue there in itself dudes!!!!!! you think she's counting nc days????? MAN UP THE LOT OF YOU!!!!!

Time for fun, time for something else.......stop moaning ah she left, she's reaching, it hurts, ah man ah man...........yeah it does, when a guy stands in your face and back you into a corner are you gonna cower and let him beat the living sh£t outta you? no you're gonna fight back with everything in your armoury.......C'MON GUYS......don't let any woman ever ever beat you down and get you sad........!!!!!

Mine confuses me with her actions, i need answers to those actions, i get them here, this place is a place to say.......dude, she left, fight through the pain barrier, be upset, now you're upset, get over it, now you're over it, man up and move on and never think about her again......C'MON!

i don't mean to be harsh but these are good times........! i'll buy anyone a drink who's gone through this crap! once you wake up and smell the home brew you know its time for fun......i think theres bad times ahead for me and will cross them when it happens.........until then guys..........lets smile at what we had and smile harder at what we're gonna get! I'm turning my negatives into positives and urge you all to do the same!!!! im done with being down about her leaving, done.....! i fear now that instead of being the perfect gent as i once was i will be and absolute c££t until i find one who wins my heart......! POSITIVE GUYS......!!!! BE POSITIVE!!!

Actually I am feeling pretty good today. Yeah the ex calls me or whatever but its almost like anyone else calling me. Say what you want Gallop and I appreciate your concern and comments but it seriously doesnt bother me anymore. I have been so focussed on myself that its more like a friend calling me. Also I have been spending time with and talk to another lady quite a bit. I dont really want a SO right now. I feel like they would just be in the way.

I dont know what I would do if my ex honestly wanted to rekindle things. I havent even thought about it recently in all honesty. I guess going complete NC and ignoring her is an option but whats the point? If she doesnt bring me down and I dont really care what she does on a daily basis I am not losing anything by speaking to her. I am not one to hold a grudge and if she isnt impacting my life negatively I dont see a real reason to ignore her. If anyone else called me, literally anyone, I would speak to them in regards to thier car accident.

I did the whole NC thing. Almost made it a month. After about 2 weeks I stopped looking at the number of days. I started to not really care. I started to care more about myself and what I was doing. Working out and having personal goals has really helped. When she finally did reach out to tell me about her car accident I responded like I would with anyone else. Now I dont look at how many days it has been since we last spoke or disect our conversations or whatever. I dont even really think about it all that much. Sure I have down moments (which is usually when I post here giving the appearance that this is effecting me much more than it really is) but over all I feel pretty good.

So my point is that you can view me as you would like. Hopefully my story assists others who want to try to remain in some contact with their ex's. Eventually you will do some NC time. You will meet other people and as long as you find other things to focus on (I STRONGLY suggest working out. No pun intended.) you start to pull through. That sharp pain you used to have dulls and you start to become more optimistic about the future. I dont think its wise to speak to an ex until you have done atleast a few weeks without speaking to them. Once you honestly dont need them and arent waiting to hear from them you are in a good place.

Now my outlook is different. I am trying not to be held down by anyone. Yeah I am somewhat dating a few ladies but I wont allow it to get too serious. I dont want them infringing on my ME time.

Archived