Long distance Girlfriend was murdered

BenDoodle99

I wasn't going to post for a while.... but I can tell you... you've been had young grasshopper.

1- I did an Intellius search and the names don't match up. There is an Alexis C from Madras OR. The family names do not match. The CA list does not either.

2- It takes 4.5-5 hours to get from California to NY. Was it Laguardia? JFK? Somewhere in Albany or Buffalo? A flight from CA to London is VERY long, and they usually stop in NYC first regardless.

3- Security is very very tight these days in the US. The theory about the ex's father coming along within 2 hours is bogus

4- If someone is being kidnapped, they will not be calling you. Their parents would be calling 9-11.

5- You were had. Long distance relationships are hard, especially those who start off on the internet. I'm sorry that this happened, but what you were told was not correct. I would get the phone number traced and report them. Then stay offline when it comes to love, focus on your studies and perhaps talk to a professional about this.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way on earth this story is true....just off the top of my head---it hasn't snowed in NY at all until last night (12/13) and not enough to divert a plane who's destination is London. You can't even wear your own shoes through security, let alone kidnap 2 grown girls who you would have no idea were even in NY. Knowing the layout of the NY airports and area, there's no possible way her aunt happened to live nearby, she happened to escape, get there and she happened to text you thousands of miles away in the midst of her murder. A mother would never text with sad faces regarding the death of her child or say "she lost too much blood" (from what? she was shot? stabbed?)....she couldn't possibly have gotten from Cali to NY and would have had a million other things to deal with rather than texting about her "death".

Sorry, guy but this doesn't add up for a second. Regardless, sorry for your loss.

Reminds me of this classic prank - link removed

I dunno if you're playing all of us to be honest. You seem to be taking it quite well considering... But if you're telling the truth, then I'm sorry you were had! If you're gonna do online dating again then use skype so you can actually see them, and/or meet up as soon as possible!

I agree with everyone. I've never had an online relationship (at all) but I'm very curious as to why someone would waste their time playing this sort of game. It's just soo odd. It's creepy because I bet whoever the person was who "set him up", wasn't the girl in the picture, and most likely didn't go that high school, have that name, etc. If I were you, I would call her "private" three weeks from now(after the situation has died down) and see if she answers. I bet she will. Then that is when you confront her.

Mate you've been scammed there's some 13 year old kids in America havinga right laugh at you, how can you be that gullible?

I think that's unduly cruel, but you're probably right about the scam.

Maybe OP should try turning the tables. Write to the girl's mom and say you're coming to the funeral and won't be dissuaded. Make it look like you're definitely coming and if they won't tell you where the funeral is being held, you'll head straight to the house and see if anybody there will tell you. Keep sending emails right up to the point where you message that you're getting on the plane to come to California.

The thing is, this is 6 months of us talking on the phone, for hours a day most of them, I don't know how she'd be able to fake it for that long...

Maybe she has mental issues or bipolar disorder or she suddenly wanted a way out/got cold feet etc.

I'm thinking Münchausen syndrome.

Sometimes people come up with elaborate stories like this to trick people into sympathy. This sounds like one of those, the girl started with an abusive ex and then it cumilated into a full blown "murder". She probably craved attention and got a high from knowing you'd grieve her and that you cared so much. Some people are mentally damaged enough to do this and it is actually not that rare. I have seen many cases of fake deaths on the internet in many different forums.

I'm thinking Münchausen syndrome.

Exactly, it's the first thing I thought of too.

It sounds like she's REALLY immature and didn't want to meet you and wanted a quick way out. So why not fake her own death? To a sociopath, it makes sense.

And sorry, I couldn't find anything on her name other than your post saying that she was murdered. I doubt she was. It would have been in the news. See, the thing about news stations here is that they are very biased - as soon as a YOUNG, CAUCASION FEMALE is kidnapped or murdered (very important that ALL 3 of these criteria are met) then you can bet your grandma that it will be news, and you can read it online. Never fails. *sigh*

And yes, it sounds like she's seeking sympathy. First a crazy ex, now this.

The "I'm sorry she's gone lost too much blood The emoticons pretty much sealed the deal for me that this is fake. Freaking ridiculous. Any normal mother would be screaming, crying, freaking out, and trying to get to her baby. Not sending off "omg she's dead" messages with emoticons to her online boyfriend.

I've also heard some very crazy stories. One guy genuinely believed he was talking to a girl from Russia who had an abusive past and was part cyborg...yes...another girl genuinely believed a guy was writing messages to her from beyond the grave.

You have to be pretty sceptical on the internet, at least this case wasn't as crazy and unbelievable as the others I mentioned. I actually met my boyfriend online, so I do believe you can genuinely meet someone special that way, but you have got to be very careful...dramatic stories are a major red flag.

Oh So sorry you were put through this.. I guess there's no need to reiterate what everyone else has said; nothing in the story adds up in the slightest. The best thing for you to do is just cut off all contact with this person, her "mother", anybody related to her.

Some people in this world are just really sick and cruel. I can't imagine playing that kind of prank on somebody.

I hope you feel better soon, I really hope you can find a nice girl and recover.

I knew a girl in high school who made a male friend online. She convinced him that she was the captain of a cheer squad that was being stalked. The stalker eventually knocked her up, but before she could have the baby, she was hit by a car which left her paralyzed. She then became suicidal and cut off most of her hair and dyed it black. The guy was from the opposite end of North America and he flew over to visit her - she said she missed him because she was in the hospital because her brother was dying of cancer.

She made all this stuff up, and she talked to the guy for months on end - he believed it all. Everything she said was fabricated, but fragments of her lies were nestled in truth (she did for instance, have a neighbor that she didn't talk to who had but survived cancer).

Occasionally she'd ask some of my friends (who were also her friend) to talk to the guy to help make her lies seem more real. They thought it was funny at first but eventually got creeped out and left the girl to her own devices.

Why did she do it? Who knows. I think she just genuinely enjoyed being deceptive and devious.

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. You should not have to go through this the way you are. Why would the mom contact you by text? I would want to call, not text. I would look up the address online and see who is a legal resident there. I would also type the phone numbers you know into google. When you call are the phone numbers still active? I am sorry to say this, but something doesn't seem right. When ever I am about to pick someone up from the airport, a week in advance I ask for the flight number and estimated time arrival because I need to make sure I am able to pick the person up on time.

link removed

I typed her number here and it's telling me it's from Salem Oregon, but would it actually track the phone or just to the phone company which is nearby to where it tells me. (Norway St, Salem)

what does this mean exactly?

anyone got a premium account that can tell me mmore?

Am I right that you didn't get a copy of her flight confirmation? Have you called her college's dean/administration to see if anything was reported or to report what you heard? Am I right that you were reluctant to ask too many questions because you were so smitten?

I would not pay for any tracking service - if you want call the police, call her school, look up her mother's land line number and if you don't have her mother's last name then that should tell you something.

Am I right that you didn't get a copy of her flight confirmation? Have you called her college's dean/administration to see if anything was reported or to report what you heard? Am I right that you were reluctant to ask too many questions because you were so smitten?

I would not pay for any tracking service - if you want call the police, call her school, look up her mother's land line number and if you don't have her mother's last name then that should tell you something.

ben dude...id agree with this guy...really u shud have her address too..im sure since u 2 were talking for so long..that she would have trusted u with her home address...which you can check into tbh..as you could check the landline from the home address...

link removed

I typed her number here and it's telling me it's from Salem Oregon, but would it actually track the phone or just to the phone company which is nearby to where it tells me. (Norway St, Salem)

what does this mean exactly?

anyone got a premium account that can tell me mmore?

Don't pay for the premium account to find out. There are cruel people who play pranks like this, as I wrote earlier about a girl at my high school who had. It's sick. The story she gave you is unbelievable and doesn't make sense. I would stop investigating and cut off all contact with this person, the "mom", and anyone else involved. I wish you the best...

An update:

She texted me a few hours later from the same number saying stuff like "Baby I missed you, sorry i havent been texting since we talked last i dropped and broke my phone"

then I told her how her mom apparently told me she was dead etc.. and she was very confused and said she had no idea how this happened, she hadnt been texting me because her phone was broke and her mom was on her way back to Cali.

She said she'd flown with her Aunt/uncle (the ones from NY) to their vacation home in Montana for the holidays as she really didn't want to be in NY and didn't want to go to her moms.

From this point I've just been playing along pretending to believe her/etc to see if I can get her to admit to me what's going on.

Then a while later she said the cops tracked the 'texts' via the company and they found it was this guy called Brad she was friends with that hated her bein taken and wanted him to herself and he had hacked her number and sent that * * * * .

I pretended to believe all this and asked her 'right now, is everything you're telling me 100% true?" she said "yes it is! i promise!"

I pretended to believe her and then the next day we talked all day and she was being very upset/cryin alot (as was I because of this whole and something else unrelated and she kept sayin how bad she felt/sorry she was that she'd caused me so much pain/hurt me so much and I Said "if everythin you said is true none of it has been your fault, why do you feel so bad?" and she said "yeah but if you hadn't met me you wouldn't be going through this"

And then later on when we were feeling better I asked her to login to my facebook and change my profile pic to something else as I couldn't decide (I was ready to use the password recovery tool if she tried to do anythin damaging to my facebook but i knew she wouldn't) and then she did and I got fb to tell me when a new computer logged in as me and it told me her IP and location: Salem, Oregon. I Then changed my password.

I also checked the IP of an email sent from her mom that day to me, supposedly she's in Cali right now according to "Alexis" and it was the same exact IP.

So can gurantee she is in Salem, Oregon right now despite telling me she's in Montana. And that it's very unlikely I have had any contact with her mom.

Like some people have said she's probably a bit younger (15-17) and wasn't allowed to come here (Or her parents probably don't even know about me) and made up all this crazy stories...

I'm going to give her one chance to explain herself/admit her lies, then cease contact with her.

I'm going to give her one chance to explain herself/admit her lies, then cease contact with her.

Why? What purpose would that serve? You already have all the proof you need that everything is a lie. Unless you enjoy a lot of drama I'd say cut your losses and get rid of her.

I don't know, I just feel like finding out if she'll admit it or not, if she still lies about it then I know she's 100% no good, a liar, etc., if she admits it I guess there must be a tiny amount of decency in her. Either way it's over.

I guess I'm just too curious for my own good.

Or you're looking for an excuse to keep this relationship going.

Archived