Where did you meet your significant other?

dragon lady

Where did you meet your SO?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you meet your SO?

• Through a friend
    • School/college/university
    • At work
    • At a bar/club
    • Through a social club (sport, music, etc.)
    • By approaching or being approached on the street/in a store etc.
    • Other
    • I'm single

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jen, does that mean it's been 1 year since you went to England? I can't believe that...

Happy Anniversary!

No, we were nerdy and started dating before I went over there haha. I think it still counts though

I tried explaining the concept to my mother and she just couldn't grasp that.

I went to England on 12 July so still a couple of months to go.

Thanks though!!!

No, we were nerdy and started dating before I went over there haha. I think it still counts though

Thanks though!!!

Oh I see. I knew it couldn't have possibly been a year ago yet. It definitely still counts

I'm so happy it seems to have worked out for the two of you.

Does your mother like Will?

Oh I see. I knew it couldn't have possibly been a year ago yet. It definitely still counts

I'm so happy it seems to have worked out for the two of you.

Does your mother like Will?

Thank you!

She actually hasn't met him yet. We went up to my hometown for a week, but it was to catsit while my parents were in Boston (my dad ran the marathon). Hopefully in a couple of weeks she'll meet him. I know she'll love him, she seems to like him more than she likes me already!

That's what CS and I did. He's coming over here in June and we just celebrated our 2 month anniversary (okay not as huge a milestone as 1 year but in a 4,000 mile relationship it is.

Congrats on the 1 year Jen!

That's what CS and I did. He's coming over here in June and we just celebrated our 2 month anniversary (okay not as huge a milestone as 1 year but in a 4,000 mile relationship it is.

Congrats on the 1 year Jen!

Is he coming for 3 months on the visa waiver or just a shorter visit? Visas are a freaking nightmare.

Thanks! And congrats to you too! It's sooo difficult but very worth it.

Thanks though!!!

How do you know what date to make for your anniversary? I asked little boy what date our anniversary should be and he said it's the day we had sex. How romantic. -.- lol

How do you know what date to make for your anniversary? I asked little boy what date our anniversary should be and he said it's the day we had sex. How romantic. -.- lol

bahahaha, boys

I don't know, Will decided it. I didn't even know when it was until he said on Wednesday, "What do you want to do Sunday?" "I don't know... What's Sunday?" "Ummmm.. our one year anniversary..."

...fail.

Is he coming for 3 months on the visa waiver or just a shorter visit? Visas are a freaking nightmare.

Thanks! And congrats to you too! It's sooo difficult but very worth it.

Just a week visit then we have other dates set up through til mid next year every 2 months, including a couples trip in December. Yeah, not looking forward to the whole visa thing...

Thanks! It is difficult, there are days those 4,000 miles seem like 12,000 but you gotta just keep looking toward the next milestone.

lol, typical male response (except you babe

We just did ours the day he asked me out.

Just a week visit then we have other dates set up through til mid next year every 2 months, including a couples trip in December. Yeah, not looking forward to the whole visa thing...

Thanks! It is difficult, there are days those 4,000 miles seem like 12,000 but you gotta just keep looking toward the next milestone.

lol, typical male response (except you babe

We just did ours the day he asked me out.

Lucky him, being here for the nice warm summer!!! Are you going to the UK next?

I had so much fun in England! I'd never been to the UK and lived there for 6 months with Will. I got to see and do so much. You must see Edinburgh! It's the most beautiful city I've ever been to.

Lucky him, being here for the nice warm summer!!! Are you going to the UK next?

I had so much fun in England! I'd never been to the UK and lived there for 6 months with Will. I got to see and do so much. You must see Edinburgh! It's the most beautiful city I've ever been to.

lol, I think it's the south's summer come August he is dreading. It's easier for him to hop on over to my side of the pond so he's coming over this year but we are planning for me to come over there for a week or extended weekend come our first anniversary.

I'd love her to come and live with me permenatly (it's far easier to get a UK visa ) but I've got more chance of her swimming tha Atlantic than that happening

I have to get used to that stifleing weather

hahaha, oh the hot weather is so much nicer than rainy england! I would have lived in the UK permanently had the weather been better.

First Bf---Online

Second Bf---Work

Third Bf---Work

Current Bf--Church

P.S. I liked reading some of these stories I think I'll explain in more detail too--

First Bf I met in the "Shy" Chatroom on AOL. We got our pwn private chatroom and began talking on the phone, sending each other stuff through mail, and finally arranging to meet...

Second bf I met while I worked part-time at an amusement park. I worked as a manager and he was in charge of one of the rides. I thought he was extremely unappealing at first and he thought I was a snob, but he started hanging out with me and my friends and we grew on each other, then one day we came into work on a day off to take care of business and we ended up goofing around and tickling each other and I knew there was something there, so we started dating...it lasted only half a year, but it was interesting...

Third bf I met as a student worker at my college...we tutored people together and ended up on the same night shift. He asked if I needed a ride home and I did, so he started taking me home, we started talking about music, and I made him a mixed tape. We became closer as time went on (I had a crazy crush on him from day 1). We were talking online one night around Thanksgiving and I admitted that I froze up around him because of how much I liked him. He said he felt the same way. He officially asked me on a date on Christmas Eve and he took me to the beach. A week later, he asked me to be official and we were together for 7 years and engaged until he broke it off.

Current bf, I met at church last November. I walked into the Co-Ed Bible Study on Sunday morning and saw this cute guy smiling and staring at me. He sat next to me and asked me questions about myself and I got the feeling he liked me but he had a girlfriend. I was still getting over BF # 3 and not looking to date just yet, but he broke up with his gf and asked me out and we've been official for 4 months...

Archived