Why is life meaningless without a girl whom u can love?

invincible

I agree with you Mr. Taylor. The whole "its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" saying is crap. If you have never been in a loving relationship you don't know any better. However being in one that has ended is the most heart wrenching experience a person can go through.

Indeed.....

Imagine having a partner who relied totally on you for their happiness.....talk about soffocated to death

i've been there and done that...NOT FUN. not what it's meant to be about.

two people should have their own lives, jobs/careers/, friends, interests/hobbies, and sense of self reliance and fulfillment...then JOIN together these two very unique lives...

...the former is just heartbreak waiting to happen!

We look for meaning outside ourselves when the key to a fulfilling life resides inside ourselves.

excellently put..bt is not valid to dis problem...its more like a far-fetched situation....i.e trying to fullfill life frm d insides...dat is where a girl comes to d play...she helps us find d meaning...

It's not meaningless, but there's a part missing. You don't feel whole.

My thoughts exactly. It's ok being single...but it really does feel like you're missing the other half. One arm is good enough, but two is better. Having a partner in life just seems to make it more complete. Unless of course it's a miserable relationship...

Hmm, no pressure there. That's what every person longs to hear on a first date. "MY LIFE HAS NO MEANING WITHOUT YOU IN IT."

Yeah, it's not the same. On a first date, you're just getting to know the person. I think the OP was talking about a girlfriend, as in someone who you've actually been dating longer than a day.

I heard a funny joke from Cher once. She was lamenting her daughter's decision to change her gender from female to male. She said: "I wanted her to have the fairy tale. You know, grow up, fall in love, get married to her handsome prince, have two kids and a dog, get divorced, and live happily ever after."

Her point was that we can go through a stage where we truly long for love and marriage but when we get it, it's not quite what it's all cracked up to be. For her, she found happiness single. And I know lots of people, especially older ones, who do.

Men have it harder, I think, because you don't have the same social allowances to be loving and affectionate with your friends. With my friends, we cuddle, say 'I love you', chit chat, play, have sleep overs, etc etc. I get almost everything I can get in a romantic relationship in a friendship. Emotionally, I can get more because there are ways that women and just emotionally connect with other women (or gay men ) that is different from the ways straight men and women interact.

Is life meaningless without a girl? Nah. But you sure do have to make an effort to discover that meaning.

Archived