Why is life meaningless without a girl whom u can love?

invincible

I don't think that life is meaningless without a girl to love - not at all. But I DO think that life will soon seem meaningless (to most of us), without any person, thing, or pursuit into which we can direct that love. I also think that it's important to remember there is more to love than romance alone; and that there's more to passion than that which comes from coupling. I think life has meaning for us when we feel excited and invested; but romantic love is only one way in which to invest, and only one process that excites us. There are many more - which we would discover were we willing to explore, develop, get invested and get involved. Ironically, it's when you do all of those things that romantic love tends to show up, also.

I can't speak for the OP but, for me my whole personality revolves around having someone to depend on. If there isn't somebody I can have a deep emotional relationship (this means friends to) then I will be emotionally isolated. My cousin always tells me "don't fall inlove... you'll only get hurt." and I hate it.

Telling someone to not fall in love is giving out more wisdom than you are granted. In fact, it takes away from your own insight and makes you look plain ridiculous. It's offending to those who haven't gotten a chance to love, or more accurately to be loved.

Dear God I just started an off topic monologue.

Anyways, moral of this run-away post is that we as human (imperfect as we are) were built for one more idea: Survival. We have no grand purpose in life (which can only be perceived philosophically.) In order to survive we must: Eat, grow, sleep, and mate. The yearn for wanting a partner in life is a natural instinct, and seems to be a lot stronger need for some than it is for other.

Wow I really failed at trying to solve anything. Guess I'm only good at catering to my own sorrow. I already wrote like 2 paragraphs of stuff, so I'm just gonna post it anyways.

I'm single and my life is far from meaningless. I've never needed a guy to have meaning in my life. If I did I'd be miserable with or without the guy. If you are that dependent on being in a relationship, it will be very difficult to find a healthy one.

Archived