If a woman punches a man...

hexaemeron

Personally, if a woman punches me in the nose, she forfeits any rights to personal safety and I will fight as hard as I can to subdue her, just as I would any man.

What do you think?

My point is that your only response should be to subdue her, not crack her in the mouth. If one person has lost control, it places more responsibilty on the other to maintain control, if thats not possible, get to a point where you can leave.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on 'ya KS

I've always had more respect for people who try not to harm others, especially women.

Being raised taught that women are 'frail' has had an effect on not wanting to hit women. As for holds, I agree if someone is actually trying to hurt you, I know a few holds or moves that will get them on the floor. Enough to tell them I don't want to fight, giving them a chance to cool off.

I always feel better walking away.

Word.

Words can hurt more anyway.

wila a font of wisdom!!!!!

look at how many men come on here asking us all how what where and whens of certain conversations/arguments etc they have had, you can almost feel their pain. the pain inflicted by a hurt female of sorts!

"words as weapons, sharper than knives" : The Devil Inside,inxs

"each person kills the thing he loves, be it with a sword or a pen" The ballad of Reading Gaol-Oscar Wilde.

my theory is if a women cant hurt you physically she can sure as darn it do it on a physcological level! id prefer the broken nose from a lady than the lasting effects of the physological torture!!!

hope this makes sense!

I think that if a woman hits a man, she should expect to be hitten back in self defense, or the man should stop her from hitting him. In my opinion though it's not right to hit a person either way.

But the man has to remember a few things: 1. Men are usually stronger than women, which means that he is capable of hurting her more physically than she ever will 2. There is a very fine line between self defense and brutality, the fact that he is stronger can work against him 3. Be prepared to be labeled as a women beater if you beat her up pretty bad 4. I think that if you can't hold back from hitting someone then that must mean you have anger issues, usually people with anger issues who resort to violence black out once they start fighting, the adrenaline comes in, you hit as hard as you can without even noticing, what happens if you practically kill the person?

I think the best advice you can give anyone is just to back away.

my theory is if a women cant hurt you physically she can sure as darn it do it on a physcological level! id prefer the broken nose from a lady than the lasting effects of the physological torture!!!

hope this makes sense!

You took the words right out of my mouth, I was pretty much thinking the exact same thing, it does indeed make perfect sense

I agree with this. No one should hit another person, but when it comes to a man against a woman, a man is much stronger, and can do much more damage.

I don't think violence is good on principle myself. However, if someone hits me unprovoked (as I would never hit someone first), you're getting hit. If you don't want to be hit, then don't hit me.

Enter at your peril.

I'd restrain her, put her on the ground and sit on her !

Then I'd laugh at her trying to get away.

No hurt done ^_^

This reminds me.

My boyfriend likes to pull me by the arm and pull me into him. Such as if I walk away to grab a cup of tea or something, he'll snatch me and drag me back in.

It's extremely uncomfortable to be overpowered and a horrible feeling to be helpless. His gesture is meant to be romantic and I allowed him to have his fun until one day it felt like he nearly dislocated my shoulder. I asked him not to do that anymore (it had been bothering me even before he accidentatly hurt me) and he hasn't since.

for those who say girls you would restrain a girl blah blah blah...and girls arent as strong as men..yeah its called weapons

ive been stabbed 3 times..once by a female when i was in an arugment with her boyfriend and to tell you the truth its not the best feeling especially getting sliced from your chin accross your neck..if i didnt move quick i could of died...

women can do damage, so dont bs the situation and make them out to be helpless

for those who say girls you would restrain a girl blah blah blah...and girls arent as strong as men..yeah its called weapons

ive been stabbed 3 times..once by a female when i was in an arugment with her boyfriend and to tell you the truth its not the best feeling especially getting sliced from your chin accross your neck..if i didnt move quick i could of died...

women can do damage, so dont bs the situation and make them out to be helpless

Or they could hit below the belt. In that regard, men are more vulnerable.

wila a font of wisdom!!!!!

look at how many men come on here asking us all how what where and whens of certain conversations/arguments etc they have had, you can almost feel their pain. the pain inflicted by a hurt female of sorts!

"words as weapons, sharper than knives" : The Devil Inside,inxs

"each person kills the thing he loves, be it with a sword or a pen" The ballad of Reading Gaol-Oscar Wilde.

hope this makes sense!

Haha that's a first for me.

And I like your post!

Uh...wow.

The sheer amount of anti-female bias that has been going around this forum in the past couple days is just staggering. How about a thread about the GOOD things that women do?

IMO, there's a line here. If someone I don't know (whether I was a guy or a girl) comes up to me and hits/harms me, chances are, I'd fight back if I knew it was an attack of some sort. If I feel that my life is in danger, then I would certainly defend myself.

But if it were someone that I knew, a boyfriend, a friend, a parent, I'd try to stop them to the best of my ability, and then I'd walk away. Now, if I felt like my LIFE was in danger, sure, I'd fight them, but only to subdue them. It's not about being the man or the woman or the weaker one or the stronger one or whatever. It's about being the BETTER person, and showing them that you believe that getting physical is the wrong choice and that you won't do it back, regardless of how heated it makes you.

sometimes i've cried and gotten so mad at my boyfriend for not understanding me that i've pushed him or pushed his shoulders. He either pushes me back hard or just holds my hands until I stop crying. It's wrong for a woman to hit a man at any time, and likewise for men to women. But I think that men can sometimes have a worse temper (like they get angry, really angry) so just watch that. But otherwise, equality is certainly so important.

It makes sense. If you don't want to be knock out in return then don't hit in the first place. I wouldn't dare go around punching random guys. Chances are for sure, many of them would punch me back like I was a guy and that's a lost for me right there. That's like throwing rocks at a bear, hey what do you expect?

However, if someone out of nowhere (man or woman) were to first punch me then yes that's when the fight starts for me. Same thing for them, if you don't want me punching you in return, then don't hit me. I can punch hard as well too esp. if I get angry enough.

So there's another thread here where someone basically said that if a woman hit a man, that the man is honorbound by chivalry to refrain from hitting her.

Personally, if a woman punches me in the nose, she forfeits any rights to personal safety and I will fight as hard as I can to subdue her, just as I would any man.

What do you think?

If you are attacked by someone: of course you have the right to defend yourself. Doesn't matter if it is a man or a woman.

And of course, no one should hit anyone, except in self defense...

But yes I have noticed that it's still pretty common that people think that women somehow have the right to use violence against men whenever they want... Strange.

• 3 weeks later...
But yes I have noticed that it's still pretty common that people think that women somehow have the right to use violence against men whenever they want... Strange.
Yup strange and the sad news is if a man defends himself and either pushes her or has to hit back, if police were to come, he gets in trouble right away... She can easily say ''He started, he just attacked me'' and they won't bother listening to the man's side of the story...

Been there.. punched by a psychotic ex girlfriend countless times. I just can't bring myself to hit a woman. I think the only exception would be if she was pointing a knife right in my heart or on my throat then by all means I would take actions in restraining her as best as I can and subdue her till she no longer poses a threat followed by calling the police.

Personally, if a woman punches me in the nose, she forfeits any rights to personal safety and I will fight as hard as I can to subdue her,...

Sounds like an excuse to express anger unrelated to the example at hand.

I mean, "subdue" her? If she is beating on you with great strength you can try to restrain her if you cannot get away, common sense. If a woman hits you or slaps you once it doesn't give you an excuse to "fight as hard as you can" and "subdue" her... sounds like excessive force to me.

Archived