If a woman punches a man...

hexaemeron

If a woman hits you or slaps you once it doesn't give you an excuse to "fight as hard as you can" and "subdue" her... sounds like excessive force to me.
That's true but see the problem is you don't know what man you're dealing with. Some will not reply back, some will only restrain you if it goes far but there are those that will hit as if you were a man (that I don't agree because that's like me hitting back a 10 year-old skinny kid as hard as an average adult who started a fight with me and that's just wrong, indeed way too much force). To go around slapping or punching men, you're taking a risk in getting seriously hurt. I would only hit if the man starts it. But me to go ahead and start a fight with a man? That's asking for trouble.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's true but see the problem is you don't know what man you're dealing with. Some will not reply back, some will only restrain you if it goes far but there are those that will hit as if you were a man (that I don't agree because that's like me hitting back a 10 year-old skinny kid as hard as an average adult who started a fight with me and that's just wrong, indeed way too much force). To go around slapping or punching men, you're taking a risk in getting seriously hurt. I would only hit if the man starts it. But me to go ahead and start a fight with a man? That's asking for trouble.

It's a non issue for me cause I've never hit a man nor will I ever (or a woman or a child or a dog or a cat for that matter). the point i am trying to make is that i find the question inflamatory as it sound slike an excuse to start a non debate really. the point I am making is not that it's ok for a woman to hit a man but not the other way around, not at all. the point I am making is that the wording that was used suggests that once a girl has hit you, you can use any force you choose and fight her like she was a man and it just makes no sense to me. if a woman punches a guy, once, as the original posts says, then he should walk away IMO, or use minimum force to avoid further injury, not "subdue her" or fight her like a man. what's the point of this thread?

what's the point of this thread?
I guess some men just like showing off saying how they will beat the girl if she hits him without considering the consequences. They don't get us women are not men. A woman may act all tough and even pretend to dressed up as man but biologically she'll never be a man, period.

Man hits her back like if he's fighting a man and he gets thrown in jail for that. Women can always change the story and if you leave bruises or blood in the fight, you're ruined already. You have ruined your career (if you got one) your searches for jobs as well as your reputation as a man. Personally if I was dating a man and I learned that he did that, I would turn the other way and run as fast as I can...

• 2 weeks later...
As a practical matter, retaliation could easily land you in jail. Self-defense on the other hand is just fine.
True and you know what, from youtube site I heard some ridiculous men stating how they would hit back a girl about 5 times harder if she merely slap, throw a regular punch. Well guess what happens then, those idiots will be the ones thrown in jail right away. The girl can just say ''Well he attacked me, I'm covered with bruises now''. See what you did out of going overboard on the so called ''retaliation''. So was retaliating by hitting the girl 5 times harder like some idiots on youtube suggested worth ruining your record, your self-image, possible career and a chance to get a girlfriend/wife?? Some people just don't think...

My gosh, if I only were to slap (and no I won't hit unless in it was a real self-defense situation) and in retaliation, he goes for a beating, well guess what, he's arrested and possible force to pay for my medical care for that exceeded attack of his. So much for that ''macho man'' attitude of his. I'm not impressed...

True and you know what, from youtube site I heard some ridiculous men stating how they would hit back a girl about 5 times harder if she merely slap, throw a regular punch. Well guess what happens then, those idiots will be the ones thrown in jail right away. The girl can just say ''Well he attacked me, I'm covered with bruises now''. See what you did out of going overboard on the so called ''retaliation''. So was retaliating by hitting the girl 5 times harder like some idiots on youtube suggested worth ruining your record, your self-image, possible career and a chance to get a girlfriend/wife?? Some people just don't think...

Well I think in that case, the right thing would be for both people to be hauled off to jail. But I understand what you are saying...that that does not always happen. It may just wind up being the person who retaliated being jailed.

It may just wind up being the person who retaliated being jailed.
Exactly. And aren't they the idiots who don't realize they can seriously hurt the girl badly if they overdo it, possibly send her to a hospital... I'm surprise so many idiots like them would rather choose to ruin their life in jail than handle it in a mature manner and not go overboard with retaliation. A 200ish pound isn't the same as a 100-120ish pound girl, common sense.

Just like me taking it out on a 90 pound 10 year-old kid because it was only a slap, push. Imagine me going overboard on that kid like I would do to an adult my weight.. Same thing for the idiots on youtube that posted that...

If one of those idiots ever dare overdoing it and sending me to hospital as a result, try my father, he for sure would have no mercy for that so called ''macho'' man.... And if that doesn't works, I'll get an object for the damage you did, now try that. Then it would be even, you be in the hospital too...

There's a difference between self defense and retaliation. Some people seem to be blurring the lines way too much here. As a practical matter, retaliation could easily land you in jail. Self-defense on the other hand is just fine.

And the best self-defense if your opponent is not approaching you by distance or weapon is run-fu! This is true even if (and sometimes especially if) you've already been hit.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a definate difference BETWEEN self-defense and retaliations. Physical violence is HORRIBLE (does not depend on gender). I have been on both sides of this fence- and the best answer is there are hella issues buried undreneath that are DANGEROUS if you do not get out and analyze them.

Archived