Post here instead of contacting your ex!

I saw a video on YouTube a couple days ago that really changed things for me, ex. It’s actually one that was posted on this forum. I couldn’t stop thinking about you and hurting so much. Then I watched the video and it made me realize why. The next morning I woke up and I felt different. I still thought about you but the aching pain I felt constantly was gone. I still think about you and miss you sometimes but I saw what that overwhelming pain actually was and it really had very little to do with you. It still hurts a bit knowing that you moved on so effing quickly, but I feel now that I’m able to look and move forward as long as I keep up with NC. I’ve been avoiding our mutual friends because of this. I don’t want to hear anything about you and, to be honest, our mutual friends were ones I met through you and I’ve only known them a short time so I don’t feel like this is much of a loss as long as it helps me heal. I’m hoping things will only go up from here with only minor bumps in the road.

I'm so sick of you, of your selfish behavior, always wanting the best for you and yourself only... how could I fall into believing that it was actually love? I guess because you seemed the best to appear in my life. It's just hard to accept that in 24 years and after many bad break ups I still can't say I met one nice guy... all of them in some way, hurt me... and the ones who didn't didn't stay long enough to do so. And then you showed up and I thought you were different, you're just like everybody else... I just want to forget you

I should be angry with you, but I'm not. I'm angry at myself. I feel nothing but numbness. Is this normal?

At times, yes. Expect your emotions to keep making no sense and to keep surprising you for a few more months, although they do get more manageable each week.

Happy Birthday I still love you and miss you more than you will know. I know someone has moved in with you and it’s very hard for me to comprehend. I miss you so bad. I feel as this has pernanantely changed me even though I’m doing my best to move on. But it’s not working very well. You should have been honest with me about him and what you wanted.

Oh god, I miss you so much.

Today was a terrible day. Grey and long and miserable. I thought all day about our old life together.

Everything seems so flat and pointless. I just want to be back in our old place on the couch, watching netflix and making jokes.

I don't see how I can go through the rest of life without you. Years and years of being together.

And it doesn't seem to be taking a thing out of you....

Thank you 11moreweeks... how are you handling things?

Today is pretty rough, but I will survive.

To ex: I read your message. I'm happy for you -- you deserve to do well for yourself. As for myself, no.. I'm not doing well. I'm in an okay position moving forward, but it's very hard and anything can change to make my life worse once again.. I don't regret reading your message, because at least now I know that it was completely pointless, but.. it really hurt to read it. Things are just going so badly for me because of what happened, so I had hope that maybe, just maybe there was something worth it in the text for me.. something to make me happy.. maybe you still cared.. or at least maybe you needed something from me..

I keep feeling tempted to block you, but I won't. I'm always here for you if you really need something.. I promised myself so long ago that I would take all the suffering in the world if it means providing some safeguard for you, and I'm a fool for making that still be true..

I just came back from an aimless night walk, as you know I'd do when I'm distressed, to think about everything and feel everything. It made me realize something.. You never knew this, because you were detaching yourself from me at the time while it felt like things were starting to fall apart for me, but.. one of my friends from elementary school was really senselessly murdered last Summer. During one of our walks together, I'd actually showed you his house, just 2 blocks from mine. I'd watch his parents sob at his memorial, and I'd think about how I'd basically lost all my family as well, and now lost a friend.

It affected me.. I don't suppose you were in a position to really care, though.. you didn't care anymore about everything else hurting me.

I'm sick again. I know, I know, even when we were dating, you didn't care if I felt okay for the day, then why I even think about you, useless, heartless , cold-blooded ex.
I guess after the breakup , I realized my family and so called friends suck, they are worse than him. When they let me down, I think about the second worst one

I wish with all my heart I could wish youve happy mother's day. But you made it impossible. You cheated on me two days after our last one together and have been so completely unremorsfal and abandoned me and to you it seems like our 7 years marriage never happened or ment nothing to you. But this day for me in regards to you will always be tainted by your actions and the last two years of your coldness.

And for me that's worse than your betrayal. I'll never be able to thank you for our girls. You made it impossible. And i dont see a day that will change.

And from my perspective I doubt you care.

If justice or karma existed in this world, your life would be completely terrible soon. You are a terrible person.

I don't know if I hope it does happen or if I hope it doesn't. I shouldn't have to go through this.. I've done nothing to deserve any of this. And if you had ever been there for me during the 8 years we were together, or the last 3 years especially as you kept telling me you would be, then I would have never had to live through any of this.

I have proven that I can get through anything. I have proven that I can go to hell and back and come out of it a pretty well-adjusted person. I have proven that in any lifelong relationship, regardless of what life throws at me or my partner, I would do everything I can to ensure life is rewarding and okay. I have proven that I would do anything for you, and that I would work myself to the point of a heart attack for you. I have proven that I would never betray you, leave you, cheat on you, or hurt you. I have proven that if I had "lost feelings" or if anything else was hurting the relationship, I would work hard to fix it rather than destroy the relationship. I have proven that I respected you and cared for you -- I was more honest with you than anyone else ever will be; I never told you a single lie in 8 years. I have proven that I cared for you and loved you more than anything, likely more than anyone else ever will. I have proven that I would forgive you for pretty much anything.

But I think you've crossed the line. I think I was a fool to ever give you so many second chances. Even with being honest and direct with you about what you'd do that hurt me, you simply did not care. You just don't care about people you're with. You just don't care about other people in general.

You don't deserve me, and after what you've proven that you'd do to someone you're in a relationship, I don't think anyone deserves to have to be stuck with you again either.

You are a filthy, disgusting, aging tramp, I wasted 15 years of my life on you and I've spent the last three years trying to erase every memory of you from my brain. Karma has paid you back in Spades. You told me you'd find a new husband within months. It's been three years and you've slept with over 70 guys but not one of them has kept you for more than a few weeks. Less than six months after leaving me you had your second abortion, you had your first before you met me. You kicked me out of our house and I bought a townhouse. Three months later when you could not afford the bills on our old house, you told me you loved me again and wanted to work on our marriage only to move into my town house and try to kick me out then serve me with divorce papers. Four months later when we were separated, I met a girl 10 years younger than you with a masters degree in Psychology. We have had a solid relationship for two years and will soon be getting married. When I met you, you lived in a trailer park, I worked hard and we were able to move into one of the nicest neighborhoods in town, now you are in a trailer park once again. The sad thing is that you and I had two children and the courts allow you to spend time with them. You set a terrible example for our two young daughters, I'm embarrassed that they spend half of each week witnessing your rotating door of gentlemen callers. I hope you die soon of painful STD's so that my daughters won't have to spend another minute in the trailer park. I told you Karma was a b1tch.

I've gone a year of NC with my ex-wife. We swap children at a state sponsored visitation center.

I’m not your toy .... your puppet. I told you I didn’t want to be a puppet on a string but you keep getting in touch. Nothing big but your creeping into my head and that’s not fair.

I know you want me to be your support, your go to person when you need someone to talk to but I can’t be that person for you. You have to support yourself. Was that not what you told me ? You wanted to rely on yourself to get through what’s happening in your life. You got your wish so get on with it and leave me along !!!

Heard about your new house and your new boyfriend. I'm really surprised that you made it out of the old apartment complex finally. It only took you shy of 20 years......

As for the new guy, well he doesn't really sound like a winner but then again you've never been a good judge of character. I doubt you'll realize what you lost in terms of a future with me but what the hell.....I'm just venting and none of this would hurt you if I was saying to your face anyway.

As for the house, I'm sure you bought right where I told you I never would. Guess what? I'll make more money on my place in terms of value than you will in the next three to four years. Good move.

Miss you, A. You said in the end you realize you could be making a mistake. Well, I just wanted to tell you, you didn't. It wasn't going to work with us at that point in time. But I am improving myself day by day and I hope you're healing and sorting out your life. I hope some day we can reconnect but my greatest fear right now is we wont.

I love you so ing much and it's a constant struggle to not just pick up the phone and call you. I want to know how your doing and I want to tell you about my life. It kills me that you were so cold to me last time we spoke. And the way I told you not to contact me again...you know I didn't mean that. I am just struggling right now and every time I heard from you the last couple weeks, it just hurt so much. Come back home. Me and Wrigley love and miss you.

N

Miss you, A. You said in the end you realize you could be making a mistake. Well, I just wanted to tell you, you didn't. It wasn't going to work with us at that point in time. But I am improving myself day by day and I hope you're healing and sorting out your life. I hope some day we can reconnect but my greatest fear right now is we wont.

I love you so ing much and it's a constant struggle to not just pick up the phone and call you. I want to know how your doing and I want to tell you about my life. It kills me that you were so cold to me last time we spoke. And the way I told you not to contact me again...you know I didn't mean that. I am just struggling right now and every time I heard from you the last couple weeks, it just hurt so much. Come back home. Me and Wrigley love and miss you.

N

I was going to write exactly the same thing. Thank you for doing it for me. I feel the same way. I need a lock on my cell phone to keep me away from it....

I was going to write exactly the same thing. Thank you for doing it for me. I feel the same way. I need a lock on my cell phone to keep me away from it....

I hear that. I have 2 friends that told me to talk to them first before I get the urge to text/email. Next time you get the urge, message me instead. We'll get through this!

It's been a difficult day, I've been driving around town trying not to think about it without much success. I had my doctor crying with me while requesting the anti- depressants this morning. I've got a few things I should be doing that I just totally blew off, but I'm trying to make up for it by working on others. What a day. I just wish I could re-wind about two months and have fixed this before it happened. Most of her leaving was my fault. She wanted to get married, I was perfectly content being an extremely loyal boyfriend forever as I've been married before and it ended in divorce.

It's been a difficult day, I've been driving around town trying not to think about it without much success. I had my doctor crying with me while requesting the anti- depressants this morning. I've got a few things I should be doing that I just totally blew off, but I'm trying to make up for it by working on others. What a day. I just wish I could re-wind about two months and have fixed this before it happened. Most of her leaving was my fault. She wanted to get married, I was perfectly content being an extremely loyal boyfriend forever as I've been married before and it ended in divorce.

The only thing that will eliminate your pain is time. Each day of NC you come out just a tiny bit stronger. Hang in there, I know you're going through a rough time. I actually have a therapy session in about 2 hours where I'm going to ball my eyes out. How do you like that? A grown man crying to another grown man. This stuff sucks.