Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The BellaDonna, Get off Your Ass Journal

BellaDonna

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or I could do that to him. lol That would solve the issue

You know, I almost said that but was worried it might come out sounding the wrong way!

Aww, all these ENA babies and toddlers are making me go very soft. He sounds really adorable, in spite of his ... spirit I was apparently an extraordinarily stubborn child (my mother called me Brown Bear because of the "Brown Bear says no" book - saying NO was a favorite pastime of mine) but it turned out alright in the end.

Today we made some real progress at the gym. My son cried on the way there (not hysterical, but the wimpering/whining kind of cry)

When we got there he cried too- but I noticed a positive change when we got to the child activity center because when I told him mommy was going to exercise he put his arms out to the worker there (voluntarily). I told her to page me (as usual) if she wanted me to come back to get him or he wasn't doing well.

So I got on the ellipitcal crosstrainer and 10 minutes went by, then 20, then 30 full minutes of HIIT,.... no page from the child center. After that I stretched my legs and moved on to do 15 minutes of an upper body workout. I did 3 sets of 12 with 8lb free weights for my biceps, triceps, shoulders, and pecs. I am going to try to use 10lb weights next time.

When I was done I went back to the child center to get him. I peeked in the door and saw him sitting at a table with 2 other kids making a flower out of colored pipe cleaners. When I came in he gave me a BIG smile and said "Hi Mommy!" but he did not fly to me like a bat out of Hell or whine. The worker said he did excellent and that he only cried for 2 minutes after I left and got over it.

He waddled over to me and gave me the flower that he made and said "Go in the pool with mommy!!!"

He behaved like an angel in the locker room and we went in the pool for an hour. He had a ball. After he got home and had lunch he crashed for his nap because he was so tired out.

I am SO HAPPY! I can go to the gym and actually work out now. He gets to socialize with other kids which helps him get ready for pre-school. Then we have some fun together in the pool.

I am so glad I persisted with this and didn't give up when he was absolutely hysterical the first few times I took him. I'm really pumped now. I know I will reach my fitness goals and I feel like I got a little piece of myself back that I have lost since I was pregnant in 2007.

Overall this was an awesome day!

Bella, that is great. I am glad your son got used to the child activity area and that you are able to get your workout in.

It's good that he is getting used to swimming.

Are you going to enroll him in swim classes eventually? On some of the days I swim, I love watching the little babies with their mothers in the swim classes.

That's amazing Bella! I knew he would warm up to them, and it's really great for him to have a place where he can socialize with some different children and do some fun activities that he doesn't get to do everyday, and go to the pool. And I'm so glad that you can exercise again and that you're feeling so good about your work-outs and your body. Yay, go Bella!

I am sore today!!!

Yesterday I did my usual 30 miunutes of HIIT on the ellipitical machine, then my upper body weight training, but after that I added in some ab machines and 3 sets of 15 on the vertical knee raise captain's chair- and it feels like a truck ran over my stomach. :silly:

I guess I don't use these muscles enough. lol

So I ate bad today. I went out to eat with my family for Mother's Day and indulged in buttery bread sticks and also a delicious godiva chocolate layer cake with white chocolate frosting. It was worth every calorie though.

I also ate a lot of salad and had 2 Bacardi and Diet Cokes.

Before, when I was fat, I would eat like that several times a week and it showed. Now I let myself indulge on a special occasions only. Mother's Day was definitely one of those occasions. I felt I deserved my cake today.

So I ate bad today. I went out to eat with my family for Mother's Day and indulged in buttery bread sticks and also a delicious godiva chocolate layer cake with white chocolate frosting. It was worth every calorie though.

I also ate a lot of salad and had 2 Bacardi and Diet Cokes.

Before, when I was fat, I would eat like that several times a week and it showed. Now I let myself indulge on a special occasions only. Mother's Day was definitely one of those occasions. I felt I deserved my cake today.

You totally deserved it! Happy Mother's Day! I used to work with a woman who refused to eat cake - even on her birthday. She had a young son who wanted to buy a cake for her but she wouldn't touch it - she had a birthday oat muffin instead. That's just no fun.

Today's workout:

Elliptical

30 minutes HIIT

5 mintue cool down

Stretching (legs)- 5 minutes

Weight training

Lower body: Calf raises 8lbs free weights 3 sets of 15

Upper body: Shoulders, biceps, triceps, pecs 8lbs free weights 3 sets of 15

Abs

Captain's Chair: 3 sets of 15 knee raises

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I was rather annoyed this morning because I think I encountered a gym lunk. It started in the parking lot. Some dude felt the need to tell me I could have parked my car closer (pointed to a space while I was parking to show me it was open.) I was going to the gym to exercise so walking an extra distance to get to the door was part of my intentions. Who asked him?

Then on the elliptical machines he felt the need stand in front of his friend who was working out for 30 minutes, and to talk loudly to him, so I turned up the volume on my mp3 player to drown out the sound.

Then, in the free weights area he was grunting and dropping weights. There were several available benches but he went to the one next to me to drop weights and make loud noises.

I don't understand the need to make so much noise in a public place??? It is very distracting to people trying to get in a focused mode to work out.

So far this is the only person in the gym I've seen act like that. Everyone else acts normal and non-obnoxious.

Archived