Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The BellaDonna, Get off Your Ass Journal

BellaDonna

Last night I had a swiss portabella hamburger and rumcake. And the rest of this week I will be an angel

YOU

Cake sounds so good about now! We had pizza last night

and you are diet killers. Please stop talking about yummy cake, and burgers and pizza.

Thank you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got back to the gym yesterday.

35 minutes HIIT cardio on ellipitcal crosstrainer

3 sets of 15 on the captain's chair for abs

calf raises= 3 sets of 15

Upper body weights- 2 sets of 12 using 12lb weights for biceps, triceps, shoulders, pecs

Stretching- 10 minutes

I was supposed to go this morning at 11:00 but it isn't happening. My son woke up at 5am instead of 8am and now the whole day is messed up. His nap will be earlier, and I am already exhausted from being awakened 3 hours earlier than usual. Today is one of those long days that I run on empty.

I will probably crash when he naps and then hopefully we will go for a walk once he wakes up so I can at least get some physical activity in.

Eating badly during my weekend trip away was a bad idea. Every since we returned I have been ravenously hungry, craving carbs and sugar. ](*,)I think my stomach capacity expanded and I also got addicted to sugar in my bloodstream.

We were able to get a walk in. Despite being exhausted for most of the day, I got a 2nd wind at night and also cleaned the entire house. So I am sure that also burned some calories. I was able to catch up on sleep this morning so I'm feeling a lot better. Plus it is Friday. That's always nice.

To deal with the sugar cravings at night I have been eating a sugar free popsicle or a Jello Mousse Cup link removed

Sounds like you've got yourself back on track Bella! I'll have to live vicariously through your work-outs: they don't have gyms here, although at least I walk everywhere!

I was just thinking of you ... I haven't had chocolate in several days and I am DYING!

Sounds like you've got yourself back on track Bella! I'll have to live vicariously through your work-outs: they don't have gyms here, although at least I walk everywhere!

I was just thinking of you ... I haven't had chocolate in several days and I am DYING!

Walking is good. As long as you are active you can't go wrong.

Today I wasn't able to get to the gym. I had planned to go while my son was napping and just when I was about to leave my husband got called into work. I was already in my workout clothes so I did this at home:

Abs

3 sets of 15- traditioanl crunch, straight legged-crunch, obliques each side

I also did a couple of different yoga and pilates postures for the lower abs

Upper Body

2 sets of 12 reps using 12lb weights for biceps, triceps, shoulders, pecs

Lower Body

3 sets of 15 calf raises: off the edge of a step, turned inward, turned outward. 3 sets of 15 Dead lifts

15 reps ball squat link removed

Cardio

Jump ropimg 10 minutes - OUCH I need a better sports bra (why haven't I made it a priority to go buy one yet grrr) and a better jump rope! I hope no one saw me in the driveway!

Whenever I work out from home I feel slighted- but I guess that workout is better than nothing.

I guess working out from home forces me to change things up a bit.

Today's Gym Workout

Cardio- 35 minutes ellipitical cross trainer

Upper Body: Shoulder press machine 2 sets of 12

Biceps, Triceps, Pecs- 2 sets of 15 using 12lb freeweights

Lower Body: Hamstrings: Deadlifts -2 sets of 12 using 12lb freeweights

Calf raises 2 sets of 15 off step, inward, outward.

Abs- 1 sets of 15 on the captain's chair. 3 sets of 15 on the abdominal trainer machine

Stretching 10 minutes

I was really sore today so I decided to change things up and do some yoga for my workout.

I did a 45 minute routine on DVD called "swimsuit season" which targets problem areas. It was challenging, but I feel very relaxed now. I forgot how good yoga can make you feel. I'm going to do yoga once a week from this point on.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I notice that most days, I wake up with a very flat stomach. Then, as the day progresses I look more and more bloated in my lower stomach. I know it's not in my head. In the car, driving to work (after eating breakfast and having coffee), my stomach is like a washboard when I am in a seated position in my car- then later on, while sitting at my desk at work I feel like my stomach sticks out more and more as the day progresses. It feels like a water-balloon when that happens.

I am starting to wonder if I have developed sensitivities to certain foods, or some other issue. Or maybe it is all the water I drink??? I will have to mention it to my doctor at my next appointment.

I hate the bloating. It can ruin a perfectly good outfit day!

Today's Gym Workout

35 minutes stationary bike

Upper Body

3 sets of 12 on the shoulder press machine

Abs- 2 sets of 15 captains chair

stretching 5 minutes

My son did well in the child center while I worked out- then it was off to the pool for an hour after that.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I notice that most days, I wake up with a very flat stomach. Then, as the day progresses I look more and more bloated in my lower stomach.

I think it's normal by end of the day my stomach looks like I just swallowed a bag of water.

Today's gym workout:

Cardio 35 minutes ellipitical crosstrainer

Upper Body- shoulders- 2 sets of 15 using machines

pecs, biceps, triceps 3 sets of 15 using 13lb free weights

Abs- 2 sets of 15 captains chair, 3 sets of 15 ab machine

Lower body- calf raises 3 sets of 15 off a step- 1 set of 15 turned inward, 1 set of 15 turned outward

Stretching- 5 minutes

My son was very good in the child center- he didn't cry at all. I was so happy about that. He lasted over an hour and I picked him up when I was ready. Then we went in the pool for an hour. He is getting more comfortable in the water- blowing bubbles, kicking his feet, trying to let go of me.

For just about the entire month of June I have been extremely hungry for carbs and sugar. For the past week I have made an effort to limit carbs more than usual to get the "addiction" to them out of my bloodstream. I guess I am eating the way someone would if they were in Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet- not ketosis but a very conscious effort to keep the carb count down.

I really have noticed a difference in the past 2 days. I am actually having to REMIND myself to eat since I am no longer plagued by hunger pains for carbs.

This is what a typical day of eating has looked like in the past week:

Breakfast Plain whole oats flavored with sugar free syrup. Coffee with ff half and half and 2 packets of "splenda with fiber"

Mid Morning Snack South Beach Diet High Protein Cereal Bar

Lunch Romaine salad & 6 black olives, with 1 TBSP feta yogurt dressing. 1 small apple

Midafternoon snack: Chocolate whey protein shake (powdered drink mix- add water)

Dinner: Grilled chicken breast with 1/2 cup steamed long grain wild rice, steamed green beans with sliced almonds

Night time snack : sugar free pudding with a dollop of ff cool whip

Sometimes I will also have a sugar free popsicle if I find myself wanting to eat out of boredom late at night. I am also having 64-96oz of water a day.

I stopped having soup for lunch. It is getting too humid to enjoy warm soup, and I also think the sodium was bloating me. I have noticed much less bloating now that I've changed things up a bit.

Thanks metro! I hope you feel better soon.

Today's Workout

traditional elliptical machine 25 minutes

free weights- biceps triceps pecs -3 sets of 12 using 12lb freeweights

shoulders- shoulder press machine- 3 sets of 15

Abs- ab machine 3 sets of 15

calves- a sets of 15 raises off step- then turned inward and outward

Stretching 10 minutes

Pool- 1 hour with my little guy

I used a vacation day today and decided to spend the entire day at the gym, ALONE.

I started with 35 minutes HIIT on the ellipitical crosstrainer.

Then I did 15 minutes of stretching and yoga poses

Then I did an upper body and lower body weight training workout: calves, shoulders, hamstrings, pectorals, biceps, triceps using a combination of freeweights and machines

Abs- 3 sets of 15 floor crunches for each muscle group: upper abs, lower abs, obliques Then ab machines

Then I took a kickboxing class offered by the gym, which was fun and it kicked my ass.

Then I swam with no real agenda to relax. I didn't keep track, I just did some laps and enjoyed myself floating. I spent the rest of the day laying by the pool getting some sun.

After that I went in the hot tub, then showered and went home. I was there from 9:00am-3:00pm. lol Getting the most out of my membership!

I am sore but feel really relaxed. I have to do this once in a while for my mental health.

Yesterday's "workout"

45 minutes- swimming in the middle of the ocean

I was surprised to see that "power boating" actually has an entry in the activities section of the FitDay website. I guess it would burn calories since it does require constant balance and pulling in an anchor can be hard work- although none of it feels like "work".

Archived