Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The BellaDonna, Get off Your Ass Journal

BellaDonna

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great day at the gym with my little guy!

He didn't cry AT ALL this time when I took him to the child center. He said hi and smiled to the worker there, and then sat right down at a table with other children and began to paint. I am SO PROUD of him!

I went and worked out for AN HOUR (the max they let you leave them in there is 2 hours lol)

Then I took him in the pool and we had a good time. He actually only fought me when I was trying to put him in his carseat to go home. Oh and now that he is comfortable in the locker room he thinks it is ok to try to take off next time I am going to go into one of the changing areas desgined for kids so he gets locked in. I can't be chasing him around half naked.

Anyways, today's workout was:

Cardio

30 minutes HIIT on the ellipitical crosstrainer

5 minute cool down

Stretching

5 minutes- lower body.

I am noticing some awesome changes in my flexibility. Instead of just being able to touch my toes I can actually bed and touch my elbows to the ground. I have not been that limber since before I was pregnant. My balance is also getting better. When I stretch my quads standing on one leg I do not have to hold on to anything anymore.

Lower Body Weights

5 minutes: 3 sets of 15 calf raises off the edge of a step using 10lbs free weights

Abs

5 minutes -3 sets of 15 on the captains chair- the first set with legs straight out, and 2nd and 3rd sets turned each direction for obliques

Upper Body Weights

10 Minutes

Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Pecs 3 sets of 15 using 10lb freeweights. (2lbs heavier than my usual 8lb weights yay!)

Swimming and jumping around in a pool with a 40lb kid- 45 minutes

Instead of just being able to touch my toes I can actually bed and touch my elbows to the ground.

With your feet together and your legs straight?! That sounds almost physically impossible!

It's so awesome that you're doing so well with your work-outs, and that your son is doing so well at the gym. You're going to look great in your bikini this summer! This is going to be the first summer since baby with you at your goal weight, right? That's so exciting!!

I can get my elbows to the ground ,almost like in a downward dog pose, but they are right in front of my sneakers. I used to be able to do that before I got pregnant. Then I could not even SEE my feet after that. lol

Yes, this will be the first summer since having my son that I am at my desired weight. Now it is just a matter of toning.

I can get my elbows to the ground ,almost like in a downward dog pose, but they are right in front of my sneakers. I used to be able to do that before I got pregnant. Then I could not even SEE my feet after that. lol

Yes, this will be the first summer since having my son that I am at my desired weight. Now it is just a matter of toning.

You're got to mean wrists, right? You just made me get out of my chair and try this, by the way! LOL.

When you do the captain's chair do you bend your legs just at the hips, or also at the knees? I need to start doing ab work-outs again ... going to the beach in a month and don't want to have to wear a T-shirt the whole time.

My forearm, elbows included, can touch the ground. lol I may have shorter legs and longer arms than you, plus I have to stretch the muscles deep every day to maintain it. Even if I am sitting on the floor with my legs out in front of me I can wrap my arms around my sneakers pretty far (I can grasp each wrist using the opposite hand) I used to be able to get into all strange contorted poses as a kid. Not so much anymore.

When I do the captain's chair I will vary between bringing my knees up and bringing my legs up (extended straight out). You can also twist to either side to work the obliques- you can also cross your knees as you bring them up- and add ankle weights if you ever need more resistance.

I am 5'5", 140lbs on a good day....142lbs on an annoying day. I have an hourglass-type figure, medium frame.

I gained 60lbs when I was pregnant with my son. Then after he was born I was stuck at 180lbs for a year, went down to 170lbs and only within the course of the past year was I finally able to get my to my normal weight. But before I ever got pregnant I was very fit so I want my tone back too.

Holy Moly Bella! Wow. Is there anything you can't do?! You have it all: career, hubby, cute child, sexy bod and insane flexibility!

That's ridiculous. I'm fairly sure years of yoga will not get my elbows to the ground, although I'll choose to blame it on my long ( legs.

Sorry to have derailed your journal but at least ENA discovered a hidden talent of yours. I agree with Hike that you should make some youtube videos out of this.

Back on topic: You look so great post weight-loss! You can really tell the difference in your face - you have some serious cheekbones now. And your hair looks wonderful as well! Losing pregnancy weight must be so difficult. That belly was enormous.

I'm going to follow in your footsteps with the ab exercises. I figure a month is a good amount of time to be able to see at least some progress.

Bella, you're such an inspiration for me to lose weight after I have this watermelon of a child..

Thanks! It took me a long time to finally get the motivation to do it. Be easy on yourself in the beginning- at least during the first 6 months after the baby is born. During that time I was sleep deprived and also dealing wiht so many other things that Captain's Chair exercises at the gym were the last thing on my mind. lol

You'll know when you are ready to get your groove back!

I also happen to think you were gorgeous post pregnancy.

Aww thanks!

I don't think I looked too bad post-pregnancy- I just didn't look or feel like my usual self with the excess weight. I went from very fit to very flabby fast. The good news is that as easy as it is to gain weight, we all have that same control when it comes to losing it. It's just a matter of making it a priority.

All of you motivate me too. You all convinced me to finally join a gym instead of staying at home to exercise. It's so much better to have that time to myself at the gym outside of the confines of my house. I am glad I stopped making excuses and just made it a priority to join. How many bellydancing DVD's can one girl do at home before she gets bored? lol

I actually like the gym now. (except for the lunks who grunt and drop weights of course

All of you motivate me too. You all convinced me to finally join a gym instead of staying at home to exercise. It's so much better to have that time to myself at the gym outside of the confines of my house. I am glad I stopped making excuses and just made it a priority to join. How many bellydancing DVD's can one girl do at home before she gets bored? lol

I actually like the gym now. (except for the lunks who grunt and drop weights of course

Well at least all you have is a grunter. At my gym I found an older man that likes to swim a lot and he wears some extremely see through undies of some sort. Yeah about thatttt.........

Well at least all you have is a grunter. At my gym I found an older man that likes to swim a lot and he wears some extremely see through undies of some sort. Yeah about thatttt.........

Eww!!!! that would make me hurl.

I usually swim in the mornings or early afternoons (on the days I don't have swim class). Most times, the only swimmers there are older women or older guys. Occasionally I have seen the older guys checking me out

I like that the pool is large and we have well defined lanes. I usually stay in the shallower lanes and I swim, rest, swim, practice my back floats and then get out.

I will chat with the lifeguards on occasion though.

Thanks! It took me a long time to finally get the motivation to do it. Be easy on yourself in the beginning- at least during the first 6 months after the baby is born. During that time I was sleep deprived and also dealing wiht so many other things that Captain's Chair exercises at the gym were the last thing on my mind. lol

You'll know when you are ready to get your groove back!

Yeah, i'm sure i'll start with walking and i'm reallyyy interested in bikram/hot yoga so I may try that as well. I won't start with running until i'm a few months post partum. The first couple months though i'm sure i'll be exhausted so i'm not planning on serious butt kicking until he's at least a few months old or when I feel physically ready.

I guess at the very least, it could motivate someone who is in the pool at the same time as him to swim much faster in the OPPOSITE direction.

No one wants to see that at the gym. In the locker room I have to be careful about what I let come into view. The worst part is that you could be just minding your own business and then someone will strut by and force themselves into your field of vision. I have nearly died a couple of times.

Went to the gym today.....wasn't happy with my workout.

I was only able to get in 30 minutes on the recumbent bike before the child center paged me. My son was crying and upset. He just wasn't feeling it today.

I took him in the pool for about 30 minutes and was able to move around a bit there. He wasn't really being too good in the pool though. He's being a brat today in general.

Then when I got home I took him for a 30 minute walk. I miss my weight training today though. I don't feel like I get a "real" workout without it. I will try to fit in some upper body free weights from home later and maybe come crunches. I have to clean my house tonight so I'm sure that will help burn more calories.

So tired today!

By Friday I am just about dead.

I didn't have any workouts today. I ate well . I am going to hit the gym tomorrow, hopefully alone.

I did buy a nice dress today that I saw during lunch, and shorts, oh and 4 shirts....oh yeah.....and a pair of shoes. I was happy to buy smaller sizes than I wore this same time last year.

Archived