THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

I used to frequent this forum quite a bit. Lemme tell y'all, if you keep up with moving forward w/ your life in a positive way, you will feel so much better soon!

Not only will you be free of the black cloud lingering in your mind, but you'll be proud of yourself for getting through such a rough patch.

Keep it up!!!

Day 3- Wasnt too bad. Kept busy at work. Started to get a bit angry thinking about the new man but brushed it off.

She tried to contact me again. She sent me a bunch of pictures of me and my cats (we bought them together, but i took 'custody') and nothing else.

What is that supposed to mean??

holy hell, I actually did it. today makes day #30. couldn't post on here with my progress as often as I'd like to due to my work schedule and the fact that life's been keeping me busy, but I couldn't feel any better about this feat. I can honestly say I'm over it and feel much better now than I did a month ago before I started it. Sure, I get nostalgic at times and remember the good times we had, but at the end of the day, not being together was for the best due to us being incompatible and wanting different things out of life, and I've come to accept that.

to all of you fighting this same battle- hang in there. as days go by, I PROMISE you will start feeling better. time heals all wounds. stay busy, stay active, keep pursuing your hobbies and dreams, and STAY KEEN ON NO CONTACT!!!

It would be day 3 today, but he text me twice and I responded twice. He was confused about my lack of contact over the last week. He was really nice and understanding for once, which makes this so much harder. Have to keep reminding myself he was insulting me last week.

Anyway I'm going to do this. i guess I'm back to day 0 again. 30 days seems impossible right now.

I used to frequent this forum quite a bit. Lemme tell y'all, if you keep up with moving forward w/ your life in a positive way, you will feel so much better soon!

Not only will you be free of the black cloud lingering in your mind, but you'll be proud of yourself for getting through such a rough patch.

Keep it up!!!

Thank you for cheering us on!

Day 1. A bit melancholy but not that hard, really. What's harder is finding the joy. I have so much of it. It must be set free!

Challenge accepted. Day 1 of not checking up on him obsessively on facebook. day 6 of not speaking to him. I blocked him on fb today. It was hard, I don't want him to think I hate him, but I also need to stop caring about his feelings. He obviously hasn't been thinking about mine.

Today I feel better than yesterday. Yesterday I was freaking out because he hasn't posted all in 2 days, and it made me wonder if he was busy with someone new or having an awesome time moving on. I also has a dream about him that night. Now, I am blissfully ignorant.

The urge to email or text him is weaker than yesterday, but I do keep wanting to hear from him...I wish I could erase his number from my head.

Well I've been NC for about 5 days so far but for the sake of this challenge let's call today, christmas eve, day 1. It's only 1am here so I'll surmise how I felt yesterday/earlier, Day 0 if you like. I've set everything up already. She's blocked on facebook, unfollowed on twitter, and all photos of us on my phone are gone (bar one but that's okay, it's just sentimental to me, not really a barrier in getting over her I think) unfortunately I can't delete our conversation history on what'sapp, every time I try to do so my phone just freezes. All I can do is ignore it.

Anyway, today hasn't been too bad. A few hours ago, I relapsed a little and felt a little sad but I managed to put it from my mind. I'm doing my best, trying to lose myself in company of friends and studying for my exams. 30 days eh? Okay, January 22nd then, and then I'll go above and beyond that too.

Day 1. Today was a little worse...I had a dream about her last night so my mroning did not start off on a good note. I went out to get some last minute Christmas things and occupy myself with something else and get my mind off her, it worked until tonight. I'm noticing the pattern, nights are always the worst. Where she is, it'll be christmas morning so I'm sure she isn't thinking about me at all. Guess I have to just try to forget.

Day 3...I SCREWED UP BIG TIME

It's Christmas eve, and so...I texted him wishing him a good Christmas/ New Year, and he texted me back along with a lame joke, and then , later on, I called him, and we ended up having a lighthearted conversation about christmas stuff, super surface level, and it was nice, he sounded genuinely happy to hear from me.

So...on one hand I'm glad I got through the conversation without the urge to burst into tears or blurt out "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME," but on the other, I broke no contact so now I have to start over and there are no more holiday excuses til easter, so I HAVE to stick with it. ...*sigh*... Commence Day 0.

I partially screwed up. She messaged me wishing me Merry Christmas and at first I ignored it at first but I just thought "it's Christmas, I can at least say it back and show her I'm mature." Plus, I felt a little bad regardless of the fact she's not the same person I fell in love with. I said it back and she replied instantly, we had a small conversation. It was dignified as far as I was concerned.

I was polite and didn't come accross as sad or clingy. She was upset and said this was her "worst Christmas ever" I didn't pursue it too far. She told me she was drinking alone at home (okay?) I kept my cards close to my chest and didn't say too much. It felt strange having the roles reversed, her being open and me not.

I miss her like hell and, judging from her reaction to me replying, (she messaged again a few hours later thanking me for replying?) I'm pretty sure she misses me too.

What do you guys think?

Oh well, what's done is done I guess. Regardless, I broke the challenge, day 1 starts fresh tomorrow.

Day 2

We had many breaks in the past but this was first time I told her it is last chance I was willing to give to us and that I wish us to be in complete NC so that I can move on. I also told her I will block her as in the past she used to send late night texts which did not elicit response and looked as if she is trying to mess with my head. While I know this is for my best a part of me wonders whether I pushed her away for good by saying I wish to move on. It was strange seeing she did not even wish me merry christmas

Day 25

Wow, days go by so fast once you're really dedicated

I've been doing really well, but the fact that its the holidays is kinda putting me down. HE doesn't celebrate Christmas, but a lot of the gifts I got I know he would have been excited over (we loved a LOT of the same things) and blahh blah blah. I think New Year's will be worse, though, because then I'll just be picturing him getting drunk and doing stuff with random girls =/ And God forbid next semester, I know he'll meet someone new in one of his classes

day 5

Got a very sweet txt from him last night wishing me a happy Xmas. It made me very sad but I didn't reply, that's the first time I've never responded to him and it felt strange. I know its just breadcrumbs like its been for months. I cried a lot afterwards, it didn't really seem real till then. I dreamt about him last night as well. But I feel a bit better today. Something has released a little somehow, and I feel a little less sad now.

Day 30, finally made it to this point without her contacting me. Ever since the BU (September 18th) she has been the one contacting me, breadcrumbs to the max..wishing me good night sweet dreams etc which i ignored. Then i broke NC last month when she text me about our friends having a baby, she asked how I was but I didnt reply. And that was the last I heard from her. No Happy Christmas texts y'day, and today would have marked 2 years into the r'ship, just so happens to be day 30. I feel ok today, roll on another 30 days to see where im at.