THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Notice how you felt great today, until you heard from him, now you're panicking about how to respond. Use this NOT to respond. Ignore ignore ignore

As for me, 32 days NC, though I replied to his email today about my possessions. I'm super proud of myself because I was really tempted to send a super nasty, anger fuelled email back. I didnt, I ignored, and that's why I'm keeping my 32 days. Yes I will have to see him soon but I will be calm, collected and set him the F straight. NC forever!

Day 18

It's easier, but mostly hard on certain days like today. Today was not a good day. Christmas songs/decorations/anticipation of new year's eve by myself just sucks. I cried today, for the first time in 3 days. I tried working out, listening to music, but felt myself checking my phone constantly searching for a text, a message on twitter, anything... from him. Nothing. He's moved on. Perfectly happy. And I am here, with all my love, saddened. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Sidenote- I am no longer compelled to text, chat, or call him anymore, now I just need to lose the want for him to contact me. *sigh* It's still a work in progress, will check back later.

Day 14 - This is my second try of NIC. I tried it from October to the end of November and then caved while drunk one night (stupid mistake - I was telling him I missed him and such, to which he just said "Sorry"). I had done NC to make him miss me, to want me back, which was a bad idea as he never contacted me (besides retweeting a few of my tweets). After this breach, he contacted me a week later to say congrats on my interview and started up some chit chat about the holidays. It's been two weeks since then. I want to try NC to heal for myself now and I can already feel the change somewhat. I still have on and off days (yesterday and today was particularly sad), but on the good days, I'm starting to believe I can survive.

Hope and memories are the worst - I'll randomly get a memory in my head and dwell on it and cry because I miss it. Hope makes me believe he'll come back in X amount of time - and then I'll be disappointed/heartbroken when he doesn't. I wish I could just get rid of the two for longer than a day.

Watching the latest How I Met Your Mother episode helped - very heartwarming.

Week 2:

The calm I felt after yesterday's breakthroughs in understanding has become sadness once again. It hit me just how much my ex changed from the beginning of our relationship to our last time together. I still don't get how that is possible.

NC is going fine as usual, we've both stayed out of each other's ways. I still feel like begging her to have me back. I would do anything to have the girl I fell for back... but she's gone for good. She disappeared, and no one knows where she is.

Day 9

Been broken-up for 4 weeks now. My stuff is still there along with a package that was delivered last 1.5 week ago along with other mail. I have notified bank, cell phone company, USPS etc of my new address. My problem is do I initiate contact to get my belongings so I can restart NC and continue NC or should I reach out now and let her know I need to tie up the loose ends? I'm not in dire need of these belongings.

Is the sooner the better situation? How should I proceed?

Day 1.

I really, really, don't want to do this. But I feel I have no choice. We've broken up and got together twice, and now we're in a non-committal friendship. He's made it very clear that he doesn't want any commitment, just friends with benefits, I have strong feelings for him, so its a deal breaker. I've just been plodding along feeling really miserable for the last 2 weeks, talking to him, accepting his phonecalls and texts, knowing we're not really dating properly. Today I decided to just stop replying to his texts and taking his phonecalls.

I'm feeling very sad and down, but I've been feeling like that for weeks so there's no change. I'm doing this for me.

Day 1.

I really, really, don't want to do this. But I feel I have no choice. We've broken up and got together twice, and now we're in a non-committal friendship. He's made it very clear that he doesn't want any commitment, just friends with benefits, I have strong feelings for him, so its a deal breaker. I've just been plodding along feeling really miserable for the last 2 weeks, talking to him, accepting his phonecalls and texts, knowing we're not really dating properly. Today I decided to just stop replying to his texts and taking his phonecalls.

I'm feeling very sad and down, but I've been feeling like that for weeks so there's no change. I'm doing this for me.

I can relate! Cheering you on....

Started 12/19/12

Im on day 2, sorry i didnt do day 1!! I started NC because talking to hurts too much. A new man in her life, yet she still wants to be friends because she loves me...Mixed signals much? I need to stand up for myself.

Day 1: Was good. Felt free happy. It was hard when she texted if i wanted my shirt back. It made me feel like a jerk when let it go to voicemail. But i held my head high. Got harder when i was alone at home, but managed to pass the time.

Day 2: Kept busy at work. Went out with friends. No contact from her. I am still feeling strong. Holidays might suck. Still missing her.

I can relate! Cheering you on....

Aww thanks IThinkICan! That's very sweet of you. This thread is a really good idea, its really helping seeing other people in the same situation.

Day 2 today. I saw him at work, managed to ignore him. Despite seeing him, I feel pretty OK today, a bit happier than yesterday anyway.

Guys i need help, my ex was at my work secret santa, hadnt aeen or spoke to him for 20 days and then he said he wanted me back and missed me and loved me, he kissed me an hugged me and told me it was his depression with his dads death what was messing with his ead, now i dont know where the ell i stand and im in so much pain. Knowing all that effor got wasted. And now i have to atart nc all over again. I need help guys and aupport right now

Guys i need help, my ex was at my work secret santa, hadnt aeen or spoke to him for 20 days and then he said he wanted me back and missed me and loved me, he kissed me an hugged me and told me it was his depression with his dads death what was messing with his ead, now i dont know where the ell i stand and im in so much pain. Knowing all that effor got wasted. And now i have to atart nc all over again. I need help guys and aupport right now

Give him more time, tell him if he feels the same in a month, then you can talk. Tell him not to contact you otherwise.

I feel pretty dang good right now. Haven't been on facebook in over a week. It's crazy how much staying off technology helps you feel better. I still think about her everyday but I'm able to fill my thoughts with other things/people more easily now.

Haven't heard her voice since we broke up on October 19th. Haven't tried contacting her since November 20th besides the phone call on her birthday. I left a voicemail and she didn't respond to the call. I didn't expect her to so I wasn't disappointed. I'm not planning on contacting her for the rest of my life unless she initiates....leego

Would be Day 3, but he emailed me today and I responded. I think I spent less than 20 words; generally dismissive/. Still, that makes today Day 0. I admit since then I have been wondering if he will be emailing me further, inquiring as to my schedule etc. Not at all painful though. More like a loop of thoughts running in my brain's background. So, back to NC.