THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Met with her youngest son today and we spent a few hours together. He told me that she is still missing me but she is very confused. He said that she talks about me quite a bit and all of the boys are trying to encourage her to contact me. He told me that they all really miss me and just want us to be back together. He also said that she tries really hard to see the negatives from our relationship but then ends up going on about the positives.

I was with him for about 3 hours and we had a really good time together. I got home and she texted me, she actually asked me a couple of specific questions that I had to answer and she asked me how I was. I told her I was doing fine. I wanted to speak to her and I wanted to write more in the text message but I didn't. Kept it short and sweet. Nine days without contact from me.

Today is day 30 something and start of football. It should be my day!

I fell asleep and had another dream of her and I texting and talking. This is the second one this week. I hadn't really dreamed of her much during the last two months.

I have had to wake up and check my phone to make sure I didn't contact her in my sleep. Luckily, I haven't.

Day 12! Working all weekend really helped. During the week, I'm so tired when I get home that I am preoccupied with eating, showering, and getting ready for bed that I barely have time to wallow. It'd be really nice to have some time to myself to work out, watch TV, etc. Who knew that a hectic schedule would help me quash the outward emotions? I know that eventually, I'll have to deal with everything that's pent up, but I think that I've reached a level of understanding about him and our relationship that is also protecting my emotions.

Day 10

Horrible nights sleep. Must have had about three dreams about her, we were together and holding hands, I caught her contacting the other person, we were at a family party, in a restaurant, kept waking up. This must be because of her text messages yesterday, feel down this morning.

I'm only lonely on weekend afternoons. After seeing what this new guy did to me, I expected to think... wow... my ex would have never done that, but that wasn't the case. Too bad you're both in the same category. Time hasn't made me miss you more.. exactly. I feel intense curiosity.. but not so much the love from before. I feel like I'm never going to see you again. I wonder if this is how you feel too. Like your crazy reasons for dumping me have just been solidified over this time. Hard to imagine, but our silence speaks truth.

The one thing I'm having trouble getting over is the fact I didn't do anything to you. You were the one who was treating me badly, yet I got rejected. It's hard for me to accept you were the one with the problems and there was nothing I could do. For all the pain, I would have liked to know why it happened and could have blamed it on myself so I feel like I had some control, but I can't.

You're the reason.. you just never loved me enough.

Day 1

She contacted me online through AIM last night asking me if I want my military doggy tag back and my sweater back. I told her that I have a part of my life to her and I don't want any of it back. I don't think she realizes how much those 2 items mean to me. I even told her you can throw them away if you want. She seemed bitter about everything still. I didn't want to continue to talk to her so I said take care and god bless. I'm here if you need me.

I'm hoping she doesn't contact me like that again. I honestly didn't know what to say. I almost completely ignored her. If she contacts me about my stuff again, I might have to ignore her next time. I want to go months NC with her because I want her to at least get a chance to forgive me and get over the negatives things about us. I might end up sending her a friendly but belated birthday card in November. Does that count as breaking NC?

Day 6

Well i've had easy days and hard days since my last update. On the weekend i got pretty drunk and my friend was telling me to message her but i stayed strong and just left it. I've been thinking of past things we have said to each other and it really is so weird, it really is like she has no idea what she wants either. Hopefully she realizes she misses me i guess...

I sent him a closure letter yesterday to which he didn't reply. Very typical of him - avoids everything that makes him uncomfortable. But I am glad I did it, it gave ME closure. I need to stay away from him for my own sanity: if it is meant to be, it will be, no matter what; if it is not meant to be, it will not be.

I'm at day... err.. a lot!

However I've had some anxiety recently because my BDay is in a week, and I have no idea what if anything she will do. I'll be very happy when it passes and I won't involuntarily be worried about this kind of stuff. Why should I be worried at all? At this point I should be able to handle most anything... contact or non-contact. Maybe I should just view this as a test for me. Anyway, I think I'm going to be a bookie and set odds: Contact +120/ Non Contact -120

As much as I don't like to quote myself... the odds of birthday contact have changed. It is now at roughly 2-1 odds. Contact +200/ Non Contact -200. So in other words, the odds are stacking against it rapidly! lol

As much as I don't like to quote myself... the odds of birthday contact have changed. It is now at roughly 2-1 odds. Contact +200/ Non Contact -200. So in other words, the odds are stacking against it rapidly! lol

I been thinking about this a lot lately myself I mean she did said happy bday to me on jan and her bday it's coming on oct maybe I should hmm..

I been thinking about this a lot lately myself I mean she did said happy bday to me on jan and her bday it's coming on oct maybe I should hmm..

It's a tough call... I guess it just comes down to if you will be able to handle any type of response or no response. From my experience I did it, and didn't hear back for a whole week. Strange as you wouldn't have thought after a week there would even be a response. I'm fairly certain she has long ago forgot about my bday this week though, ah well.

I'd definitely hold off on making the decision though until you know what will be best for you.. it's funny how we are the ones who get hung up on the birthdays and they don't.

Day 12

I feel bad. I'm hanging on to hope all alone here, and I don't know if he misses me or feel like reaching out for me. It feels so bad when I think that I may be going NC to somehow get him back in touch later, while he may be going through it to just forget about me. I'm losing it... And I don't know what to do or what to believe in anymore...

Hi there have recently joined and what a great thread! feel i need to join this challenge, hubby up and left me 6 weeks ago for no reason, ive done the begging,pleading nothing is going to change his mind but i do want him back been together 5 years, have had no contact with him for 10 days now and it is getting easier no arguments etc, im going to start with 30 days see how i feel then, i dont have him on facebook but i have his sister so i see his likes etc, i feel the only way forward to getting some communication from him is this challenge, he has left loads of his stuff here so i will have to contact him at some point when im stronger!