THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

I just answered questions simply as i dont want to be rude i guess. When he was telling me about his new job in town (he worked away a lot while we were together) i just said thats good news, hope he is enjoying it. I really don't know why he would even tell me about it after all ths time quite honestly, it does not affect me anymore so.... My last reply to question was a bit longer that I should have made it. But whatever. I did not keep the converstation going nor use any emoji/exclamation. I will not be initiating any contact and its doubtful anything else will happen on his end or mine (he too would have to change and im not sure that is something he even recognises would have to happen/to be a good partner. To anyone)

Hes probably feeling guilty about the b/u and having ignored me for so long.

Today is day 19 for me. I honestly feel like this journey is a roller coaster because you never know how you can wake up feeling that day. One day I wake up feeling great and the next day I could wake up feeling crappy when I replay how everything went down. I'm having hard time understanding why it's that I don't have the urge to contact him, but I'm still hurt. It kills me know that he watches my snap chats whenever I do post, but have not said a word to me. Don't get me wrong I accept things as they are, but it still hurts like hell

I don't know what day it is. Somewhere close to 30 after breaking contact around Day 80. I went on dates with two different guys this week. I like both of them a lot, but I can definitely tell that one is more interested in me than the other. But I'm excited about this new possibility. When I went out with one of them last night it was like talking to one of my guy friends and he was such a gentleman. He opened my car doors for me, I've never had a guy open car doors for me.

Day 4 but first post

This NC is not directly after our BU that happened 6 weeks ago. It would have been smart, that's what he did for a week but it was easy for him because he knew why where I was in the dark. There was only 4 texts sent in a group I will always regret, but they more or less showed what I felt and tbh he deserved a bit of harsh words from doing what he did. Either way we've been on LC since. It wasn't a great idea but I do feel it made me feel better. It was always friendly after 2 weeks after. I still feel that connection between us when we talk but I know that's not what I need to focus on. We called once and that was helpful. I was scared at first but it made me relax by the end. He did send a couple memes, which was nice and his first reach out. But at this point I don't think it'll do anything to keep talking to him. He's basically got GIGS to live the "college experience" and "explore". By talking to him, I'm talking to a completely different person and someone that I don't want to know what he's doing. I've already accidentally pried and was completely devastated. I know he needs to. I did most of that in high school. I mean I will continue to but I think most of my growing is done from that. It just truly hurts because I really fell in love with him. I pictured one day marrying him and still picture my life with him, somehow. I know time is the only thing that will tell with all of this. I really want to have faith we will be together but I just don't know. He's already left me once. Either way I miss him in ways words cannot describe. My day isn't as bright without him. Still. I think of him all the time, not as clearly as I once did but I surely do. His friend has faith that one day he might come back, so I'm kind of holding onto that. He's leaving a door open and hasn't said he doesn't see a future with me. I know words only mean so much but I know they are just a moment in time. Only moving forward will. I'm not looking to move on, completely. I love him so dearly and I want him in my life. I don't want to lose the relationship we had but I know that is long gone now. This is no longer just a pause button. If it picks back up, it'll be a whole new episode. I just want to talk to him. It was so nice to. We always would joke around and send memes. Then we would just be kinda lovey dovey gross sometimes. And that was good too. It made me so happy. I hope one day he can feel that. Preferably with me again. I'm just scared he's never going to want anything to do with me ever again unless mutual friends force us to be around each other.

Day 2

Almost over. Iv cried 3 times today and went to bed in the afternoon for a hour. Don't wanna face the world! I did go to a match this evening and spoke to a lot of people it was a great distraction. We agreed to a clean break on Wednesday after 3 months of contact since our break up. I feel she has her grieving done. I'm only beginning. I feel lonely at times. That's the worst feeling. Hopefully I'll get stronger. She says she want to be with me but not now, we need space, and not to be dependent on each other. I dunno whether to belive what she's saying so I'm acting like it's over.

Act like it's over and tell yourself it's over and give yourself the power back. Who is she to keep you there as a back up plan? No! You are better than that. Don't hold out for crumbs on the days she feels crap.

Be independent and get on with your life. I know it hurts but that is the only way forward!

Day 3

Mornings are the worst. I find it hard to get up. I really need to start planning my day the day before hand. I changed my photo on whatapp last night. I woke this morning to a text from her "cute photo, had to contact you to tell you x ". . No way am I falling into a trap of replying!!

Day 4

Again mornings are the worst. No energy. Yesterday I spent the day with 3 separate friends from 3 o clock till 12! It was such a distraction and the day flew. Keeping busy seems to be a good ploy. I've no temptation to text her at the moment. The only thing that makes me sad is that she may have forgotten about me or lost her feelings towards me I feel. Other than that I'm ok! I'm still reluctant to move on with any other girls at the moment. .

Day 2

So I sent him a few emails 3 days ago (4 to be specific),

Today I got three short replies telling me how he was unable to respond before ..... I haven't replied back ..... have an itch in my fingers to say something, but I hope I stay strong.

If I get through tonight, I will treat myself to a dark chocolate brownie from the café next to my office.

I've been in no contact for a lil while already but I lost track. So I'm going to say Day 1 for the sake of this forum. I feel okay, I had a minor setback as I woke up missing him, nothing major.

oh dear, I miss him too not yours of course .... I miss MINE too

Cant wait for this phase to be over. I wanted to stay "friends" after a breakup .... but it hurts me more to see the emotions changing in his eyes. Hopefully after one month of no contact I will not feel the need to see him or talk to him to keep myself going .............

Today is a month since my break up and day 27 of no contact. I had a dream about him abandoning me today and I'm not sure what it means, but I woke up feeling a little sad over that. Other than this dream, no contact is working for me, I actually deleted his number from my phone and removed myself from social media for a while. I have an exciting girls trip coming up next month. I'm going to keep pushing with this process of moving on. The more I think about my situation the more I'm thankful that this happened to me sooner rather than later.

Day 29: I had another dream about him, but this one was different than the one I had the other day. This one was of us actually of us being together and happy. I feel like any type of dream about him just sets me back a little, because I start thinking of what they could mean. Regardless of these dreams, I'm not budging, I'm determined to just stay in no contact with this guy for good if possible. Im doing way better than how I was doing the first 2 weeks of the breakup , but I just want to heal completely and forget about him.

Hi guys, nice to meet yall. I was hoping someone would have some advice for me or encouraging words. I'm on day 5 of NC and our BU happened 2.5 weeks ago. I read through a lot of these posts and it helps me on and off.

My ex and I started dating a couple months after his ex ended their 2 year long relationship. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and continued to see him. We were basically together for 7 months, officially for 4. We rarely fought. He started becoming distant the last month because he said he was busy. and after I finally confronted him about it, he said he felt like we were in different places in our lives (him graduating college next month and me still having a year left, me not having a LTR before him, etc.) and that he knew we had to break up for the summer at least, and then see how things went once I came back after the summer. We agreed to continue hanging out, text every day, and be exclusive until the summer, and we hung out once last week and it was fine. But then, i asked him to spend Easter with me and he admitted to me that he was going to another state to spend Easter with his ex. I asked him if he wanted to get back together with her. and he said he didn't know, that they were just talking. I asked him if we'd ever have a chance at getting back together, and he said he didn't know, because he didn't know if we'd ever be in the same place again, but he wouldn't be opposed to it. Eventually, I told him that if he wasn't willing to work on our relationship now, I wouldn't know if he would be willing to work on it later, so I told him I'd never be an option and that I hoped whoever he found would make him happy. And then ended the conversation there.

I decided to initiate NC, but I still want him back. I am debating between whether to apologize and say I didn't mean to close the door on the future and that I wanted to still be in his life in the future (as friends or more). I'm afraid that he believes I truly closed the door and won't reach out even if he wanted to. I also need a plan to keep myself on track. Do I wait 30 days and then reach out, and if so, what do I say? I will be going home and then another city in a month.

Ideally him reaching out before that saying he made a mistake would be ideal but I know my chances are really low since he's talking to his ex again and probably forgetting about me already. I know I can't hold onto that hope because I will never stop hoping, but I still do. Every day hurts because I'm afraid I won't ever find someone, as stupid as it sounds (and i know it's stupid)