THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

So I'm Day 16 unofficially, but officially it's Day 12. I have a date tomorrow but I'm just like whatever... I have a bunch of guys giving me attention and I really don't care but I have to say, it does distract me.

I actually don't have the urge to call/text him but I do miss him. Guess that means I'm pretty much getting over it... which is weird, cause a part of me doesn't want to get over it.

Either way, I'm good But I really do wonder if he misses me, thinks about me... ugh!

Okay I'm fine LOL

day 39

i know im almost there. i feel it today. i still have memorys that taunt me of the horrid breakup experience, but im no longer consumed by it. im proud to say im so much more of a strong woman because of it. it was hard, but i would of lost him a million times over to reap the benifits of independence. today, i am enjoying being alone.

i dont need to count the days anymore. its not about the number anymore. im in NC for life. i have no desire to break it, and i dont think he does anymore either.

my mind was preocupied with the future today. hopes to finally date a guy ive liked for too long (not my ex!). everyday i like him a little more. i also thought lots about moving away to the city life, and my dream carier i hope i shall achieve next year. i thought of him a little. a guy who came into my work several times today and kept stareing at me, had a very similar style to my ex, and i was instantly disgusted by him and the memory of my ex hhaa.

i dont need a man, i never did.

Day - 44

I haven't posted in here for a while so I thought should.

Has anyone else noticed how fast NC goes after you reach 30 days?! Wow it's absolutely flown past for me which I guess is definitely a good thing.

As much as I hate to admit it i'm alittle bit surprised and somewhat dissappointed my ex hasn't tried to make contact with me but I have to keep reminding myself what happened last time when she did so I shouldn't really hope for it.

As some of you may have seen, I reached an all time low this Tuesday. I was really fed up and frustrated with myself for not making any progress but thanks to all the great help and support from ENA I have been making some drastic changes

I have quit smoking and I have started cycling again every night

Do I still think about my ex? Yes but not half as much as I use to, I still get the occasional painful memory that pops into my head during the day but I don't linger on it anymore.

Overall I feel good and I feel like I am really making changes for the better now

Day 38

when i'm in doubt whether I really want him back or not, he send me email today

He asked why did I change my cellphone number and didn't let him know.

I still don't know if I want him back or not, but I'll reply his email to give him my new number. Doesn't really matter would he call me or not since I'm enjoy being on my own and try to figure things out.

I'll tell you what helps me... not counting any longer. It really makes it easier.

I'm not counting anymore because i think i'm slowly (Whisper it) getting there.

For the first time in over 1 year, i'm a little bit excited to be single again, sooner or later i'm going to meet a girl and i'll be able to go through that exciting early stage again where everything in life is great!! Don't you just love that part??

I'll tell you what helps me... not counting any longer. It really makes it easier.

I'm not counting anymore because i think i'm slowly (Whisper it) getting there.

For the first time in over 1 year, i'm a little bit excited to be single again, sooner or later i'm going to meet a girl and i'll be able to go through that exciting early stage again where everything in life is great!! Don't you just love that part??

It's funny you say that actually, I have found since I stopped counting, the days have gone by much quicker! I think I will stop from now on.

Great news on being positive again, being single and then falling in love is one of the greatest experiences us as human beings can have It's definitely worth looking forward to and it WILL happen again

It's funny you say that actually, I have found since I stopped counting, the days have gone by much quicker! I think I will stop from now on.

Great news on being positive again, being single and then falling in love is one of the greatest experiences us as human beings can have It's definitely worth looking forward to and it WILL happen again

Yes it will dude.

Well, being positive is the direct opposite to being negative so it's the best option... although not always that easy.

I'm looking forward to hopefully a great summer, and being single, it's there to be enjoyed!

They aren't exactly knocking my door down at the minute, but whatever, i don't really care, i know what a top guy i am so it'll happen again.

Yes it will dude.

Well, being positive is the direct opposite to being negative so it's the best option... although not always that easy.

I'm looking forward to hopefully a great summer, and being single, it's there to be enjoyed!

They aren't exactly knocking my door down at the minute, but whatever, i don't really care, i know what a top guy i am so it'll happen again.

Aww, so nice to see everyone so postive. Yes, after Day 30 it just sails by. Phil, congrats on stopping smoking

I'm on Day 43 now and it's like he never existed. I don't feel sad anymore. A little wistful, kind of how you'd feel if you wanted to do something and never ended up doing it, like bungy jumping or sky diving. But not broken-hearted.

GO US!!!

Aww, so nice to see everyone so postive. Yes, after Day 30 it just sails by. Phil, congrats on stopping smoking

I'm on Day 43 now and it's like he never existed. I don't feel sad anymore. A little wistful, kind of how you'd feel if you wanted to do something and never ended up doing it, like bungy jumping or sky diving. But not broken-hearted.

GO US!!!

Maybe everyone is so positive because it's Friday!! Gotta love Fridays right?

Well done hesnotworthit, that's great you are gaining independence again

thank you phil its so great to see how far you've come also. and i dont think it was the number of days that did it, but your determination to move on and find a better, happier life, beyond the breakup aftermath

still goin,feel a bit crap today as went for a job interview and i dont think it went very well,the interviewer basically pre judged me saying the job isnt for a shy person so if thats what your like i wouldnt bother....which wasnt very nice as im not shy.i feel like all this stuff goin on in my life is affecting my confidence,i feel so out of control.its sad to say but my ex is the only person who cheers me up n i cant even talk to him.wish i could stop feeling so bad about myself,i hate my life right now.

Lost count.. weeks ago - after closure.

Glad that I could say "lost count" because I have been trying to forget.

Haven't been to this forum for some time, partly because of above reason, but mostly because I am busy and tired, and a bit worried about job stability. Good thing.

These 2 days snippets of memories kept bothering me. Those made me more convinced that not being with him is actually for the best! We both could say "Good Riddance!". Any future with him will be full of sufferings, will never be able to achieve anything with a grown-up toddler boy like that.

Guess there is still anger deep down in my gut, and they bite me when I am having PMS like now.

Had 2 of his best friends on the phone yesterday. One of them has become a close friend of mine.....can't help but feel connected to my ex when I talk to her. I NEVER ask her anything about him.....although I am sometimes dying to do so !!! Noticed that he changed his profile pic on FB (and yes, I know I should not check but can't help doing so from time to time.

I agree!! I think I am going to stop counting. I know I am starting Day 20, but I'm going to focus much less on counting the days to feeling improvements. I received an extremely unexpected text msg from my ex's friend (not mutual) last night inviting me to a party, and I shrugged it off and didn't respond. I'm also really starting to notice improvements from working out and am looking forward to the beach next weekend. Things have definitely gotten a bit better.

Day 32.

she has not been on my mind as much lately and I am just going with the flow of every day to day life.

I can still say that I feel better but I do still get these little spikes of sadness and emotion from time to time.

day 40

today was great. i find i no longer have to force myself from obsessing over seeing him when im out. i no longer stare at every car that drives past me while on the main street (he often drove here) obbsessing that he will see me. i no longer dress my best in the hope that he'll see me, and think how much prettier i am now. if i see his friends, i just look away, i dont freak out and go into hiding. the truth is i dont really care anymore.

i dont worry any more that people will think bad of me because now that we're no longer together, i dont go out every weekend. im happy to spend a night home with my family...who cares?

if i see someone who looks like him, i dont freak out and keep checking to see if its him, i just keep on doing what im doing. i really dont care anymore.

he could be dead for all i know.

next weekend, im going somewhere ive avoided, common ground which brings the possibility of new guys, but also the possibility of running into him... we'll see how it goes. but im thinking mostly about the new guys haha. who cares if i run into him? at the end of the day, hes ugly, im hot hhahahah (in a non-cocky way)