Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't exactly know. I don't think there was a specific incident, but she doesn't feel like he's making an effort like he did in the beginning (they've been together for over a year). he's not so interested in going hiking, doing things, etc... and she has to drag him to do things. And when she's in a pissy mood, he still wants her to hang out with him and her friends. Anyway, i don't exactly know, but he called her 'disrespectful' this morning and that set her off over the edge. I think they have very different communication styles and not sure how compatible they really are. I don't know that any of this makes sense - anyways, what i'm trying to say is that it seems like the same issue she's been having with him for a while. i think she's struggling with whether to leave or stay - stay with an imperfect partner, or try again on the link removed scene.

I feel exhausted today, and I'm not even the one in the fight! During their huge argument, I was just thinking, "I didn't sign up for a breakup, I signed up for brunch. " i'm just so tired, got no work done this weekend (only housework). gah. Logan and I and Susan and Carol and Logan's friend from out of town all went out last night together. It's hard because Carol is a bit of a quiet person, and Logan is loud, especially when he drinks, and I think that was overwhelming for her. The first bar we went to was just SOOOO LOUD and out of control. Then we went to a swanky hotel lounge, and had to keep telling Logan to keep his voice down. sigh. Logan goes off on rants, especially while drinking.

I think it's also an emotional tiredness - On one hand, I am happy I have so many friends and people who want to hang out with me. But a little frustrating when 5 people text me on Saturday morning wanting to hang out that night. I mean, I am very happy to have friends and have people who want to hang out with me, but sometimes I miss just sitting at home, cleaning out a messy drawer, and watching lifetime TV. I feel exhausted from this weekend - going out saturday night, drinking too much, then brunch drama yesterday. Logan came over at night but he just wanted to nap in my bed, which was fine by me!!

My nightmare was that I was still at my last lab, and people were being super rude to me. I tried to file a complaint with HR. ugh.

yeah, and i'm very extroverted but still need time alone to recharge. or at least do things around the house that aren't going to do themselves! it's a source of stress to come home and see that x, y, z need to be done....

New shower tip I learned: take a kitchen sponge scrubber that has a reservoir for dishwashing liquid. Fill it with half dishwashing liquid, half with white vinegar. Scrub the shower to clean while in the shower! did that this morning.

Also, my face has broken out in what appears to be an allergic reaction to a new face cream. boo.

yeah, and i'm very extroverted but still need time alone to recharge. or at least do things around the house that aren't going to do themselves! it's a source of stress to come home and see that x, y, z need to be done....

New shower tip I learned: take a kitchen sponge scrubber that has a reservoir for dishwashing liquid. Fill it with half dishwashing liquid, half with white vinegar. Scrub the shower to clean while in the shower! did that this morning.

Also, my face has broken out in what appears to be an allergic reaction to a new face cream. boo.

But what about the vinegar smell while you're showering?

In disgusting news, the cockroaches are long gone, but I think I have mice now. I've seen droppings in my kitchen since my next-door neighbors moved out. Ew. I put out some mouse poison today, will go buy traps soon.

I had a drain fly problem as well but that seems to have gone away. They were coming from the shower, I've never had them before this apartment. I poured baking soda and vinegar down the shower drain, and I think it killed all of the larvae. Ew.

Ulk, my friend got fired today (the one I met last month who was afraid she would get fired). She got official word today. Going to meet with her for coffee tomorrow to help her come up with a plan. I guess I'll hear the full details but it seems bogus, really bogus.

She worked in a different lab but her boss and my ex-boss are buddy-buddy. My friend sent me the emails, and it's crazy. He wants an immediate termination based on something minor and really can't even be considered a 'bad thing.' She told me that their lab's instrument was broken, so she used another lab's instrument (which is something that happens all the time in labs! not unlike using someone else's copier machine when yours is broken). So he accused her of removing data from the lab, something that can compromise a patent application, and he wants an immediate termination of her. The administration here actually sent HIM a strongly worded letter that they did not feel that her actions rise to the level of termination and that he is unwilling to compromise. The admins said they would help her find a new position on campus and they would not delete her university email account (as he requested). I am glad they are backing her up like this, she showed me the emails. He fired someone else last month, and I think that the admins are seeing him as someone who is unreasonable. I hope she is able to find another position soon.

In other news, Logan had his second interview, and again, it's another door to door sales marketing position. Ugh. They don't seem to make these things clear from the outset. But time is ticking on his unemployment, and now he has to consider taking it. I told him he can take it and just right away look for other work.

In other other news, I'm feeling sick today so I stayed home from work. While I was sleeping this morning, I heard a loud knock on my door. I wasn't even dressed. I cracked open the door, it was my landlord and a worker, he said that the worker needed to use the bathroom but it's ok, he'll go in the alley outside my apartment. I'm like, "uh.... alley?" the worker said nevermind, he'd find a real bathroom. First off, I'm not really ok with workers using my toilet when i'm not at home, and neither am I ok with workers using the alley by my apartment as a toilet!

Wow, he sounds like a total jerk. I wish the admins would do more than a strongly worded email disapproving.

How come all these jobs are sales job? Is Logan's field related to sales somehow? It really sucks that they're all wasting his time like that by not properly describing the position until he's so far along in the process.

well, so what logan really wants to do is be a teacher, but until the DUI is off the record, he can't get a teaching job at the high school or middle school level (college level, yes!) But adjuncting doesn't pay the bills. He has a background in customer service before he got his masters' degree which is why he's looked at some of these jobs, but then they turn out to be commission jobs. ugh. he doesn't want to teach at a private or charter school because he doesn't want word of his DUI getting on the rumor mill.

yes, I'm unnerved about the entering, I wonder what is the best way to address this? No, there is no public place really for him to go, maybe a coffee shop down the street?

It really sucks for my friend, but I'm glad that the admins are at least trying to help her, but unfortnately, they only have so much sway. In grad school, there is a "gossip mill" that tells you, "Don't go work for Dr. X, he is nuts" or whatever, but for foreign postdocs, they just have no way to know what they are walking into.

link removed

Saw this bag in the store, I love the pattern. But $245? sigh... no thanks..... I have enough tote bags anyway....

Oh, the plum dress for the wedding didn't fit (too tight in the bust). Sending it back, hope to have the next size soon!!

Archived