itchy bumps on hands??

the past few weeks i've noticed i am frequently getting these bumps on my hands. like clusters of blisterlike things, really tiny. i *think* they are blister like since they seem to be filled with water/fluid.

and sometimes it even itches. what could this be? anyone else have this?

as far as i know i dont have any food allergies. and in the past when i would get them i didnt care, since people used to tell me it was from the heat. but it's not like i'm in the sun all day or sweating

the past few weeks i've noticed i am frequently getting these bumps on my hands. like clusters of blisterlike things, really tiny. i *think* they are blister like since they seem to be filled with water/fluid.

and sometimes it even itches. what could this be? anyone else have this?

as far as i know i dont have any food allergies. and in the past when i would get them i didnt care, since people used to tell me it was from the heat. but it's not like i'm in the sun all day or sweating

Where abouts on your hands are they?

Benadryl cream would decrease an allergic reaction. However I've found that taking the Benadryl pills are more effective for me. They will make you drowsy though so be careful when driving! Allergies can be developed over time, so you can be allergic to something now that you weren't before.

Because it's on our hands it makes me think it's something you've touched as opposed to something you've eaten, in which case you would probably get hives in other parts of your body too.

Someone mentioned eczema, which is also a possibility. I think that tends to get worse with colder weather; if you've never had it before it seems kind of early in the cold weather season for that to start up.

It sounds more like hives to me. Have you gotten into something new lately? Maybe a new kind of handsoap in the bathroom, dish soap, new gloves...?

Yes, it is eczema. But eczema is just a generic word for skin condition, by the way.

Is it located between your fingers? If so, it could be a sweat reaction. I get those on my middle finger, really bad, where it's all raw and itchy. If I stop washing dishes, it goes away.

If you can't stop washing dishes, then wear hypo-allergenic gloves with powder inside to prevent sweating.

You can try hydro-cortizone cream (no prescription required) but don't use it for more than a couple days because it will make your skin thinner and cause even more problems in the long-term. Glysomed is also a fantastic moisturizer.

And, obviously, resist the urge to scratch it.

thanks u guys are so helpfull.

i USED to get them between my fingers, and now no more. now i get them on my knuckles sometimes. or on the side of my forefinger.

i dont think it's hives or warts though.. ok i am SURE it's not warts since i once got one. but hives i'm not sure what it looks like. are hives red? mine arent. just clear.

i also tend to notice it more on my hands. i should look into washing my sheets more maybe too.

i think it may be pustules/excema. i dont live in a cold place though. its always warm and sunny.

Eczema Treatment

What happens if I have eczema?

If the diagnosis is eczema, the dermatologist will explain what type of eczema you have and prescribe an appropriate treatment plan.

Before prescribing a treatment plan, a dermatologist considers the type of eczema, extent and severity of the eczema, patient’s medical history, and a number of other factors. Medication and other therapies will be prescribed as needed to:

Control itching

Reduce skin inflammation

Clear infection

Loosen and remove scaly lesions

Reduce new lesions

It is important to realize that in most cases no one treatment will be effective. Medical research continues to show that the most effective treatment plan for eczema — regardless of type — involves using a combination of therapies to treat the skin and making lifestyle changes to control flare-ups. Doing so tends to increase effectiveness and reduce side effects from medications.

The type of medication prescribed will depend on many factors, including the type of eczema, past treatment, and the patient’s preference. Topical (applied to the skin) medication is frequently prescribed. If the eczema is more severe, phototherapy (a type of treatment that uses light therapy) or systemic (circulates throughout the body) medication may be prescribed.

Today, there are many effective therapies available to treat the different types of eczema. With proper treatment, most eczema can be controlled.

Keep in mind that eczema can be stubborn. If the signs and symptoms persist, be sure to tell your dermatologist. Sometimes it helps to change how you use the medications or to set aside more time for relaxing activities. Stress triggers flare-ups in many people. Others find relief with stronger medication. Keeping a diary to learn what triggers the eczema and avoiding these triggers helps others. A dermatologist can work with you to tailor a treatment plan that meets your needs.

^^^^^^^if it is in fact excema^^^^^^^^^

I used to get them a lot. I still get them sometimes. I didn't know they were also a form of eczema. I used to have eczema a bit when I was younger. I thought I had grown out of it, but I guess the blisters that I get on my hands indicate otherwise.

I used to have dermatographia really bad though, but I don't think it's that. Those usually only last for a couple of hours.

Archived