Ok, I have a 3rd date schedule for Monday, so what are 5 Things I should be discussing on the date?

ConfusedDater

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonderful news...you can now have a restful weekend!

someone who was laid off yesterday approached me and said-"are you laid off too? i said-"i haven;t heard anything" and she says-"that's not what i heard"

I was like-"HUH?? why would anybody say something so DUMB instead of keeping it quiet? let the person find out on their own, i can imagine saying something like that to someone

someone who was laid off yesterday approached me and said-"are you laid off too? i said-"i haven;t heard anything" and she says-"that's not what i heard"

I was like-"HUH?? why would anybody say something so DUMB instead of keeping it quiet? let the person find out on their own, i can imagine saying something like that to someone

That's a pretty cruel thing to say to someone. I guess this was before you found out that you are in the clear?

I'm going to have to cancel, didn't receive good news in the meeting today at work, and the boss said that if we receive a layoff letter in the mail ignore and bring it back to him

so i'm not sure if i will be working after 6/30/08 and until that is confirmed, i need to focus my energy on other things right now and defintely have to HOLD on to as much money as i can just in case.

so i'm about to email her now.

This is like the nuttiest thread I've ever read. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^OMG^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I just read that when I posted this.

Good Luck though.

That's what I was thinking too, but if he is not in the right mindset...he should not be doing any dating anyway....and it sounds like he cannot handle this type of stress...as well as dating....even though sometimes, therapists suggest that you should do that which scares you, so that you can get over the fear.

Since this is a 3rd date...you can suggest a free actvity....

That's a pretty lousy reason to cancel a date, but from the sounds of it this isn't a high priority for you anyways, so carry on.

Your statement makes sense because you are too young to understand how stressful a layoff is when you are supporting yourself. I wish I was 23 again and living at home

well the boss said everything should be fine but until that's confirmed I will not be doing any extra with my money

really is ridiculous.

but let's assume for a minute that it makes sense...you can go on a date that doesn't cost you (or her) a nickel if you really want to...but you don't want to...or something.

You just wanted a reason to cancel.

Either you love the attn you get from these singles sites

or

You just really can't handle the anxiety of dating but refuse to get help with that.

How old will you be this week? 34?

33, well talking to her over email, I think I may have to move on because she seems like she is too depressing. When I cancelled the date she said that she probably wouldn;t have been much fun to be around because she's been in a funk lately and that she was bored yesterday. So she seems kind of down in the dumps and that's not sexy

33, well talking to her over email, I think I may have to move on because she seems like she is too depressing. When I cancelled the date she said that she probably wouldn;t have been much fun to be around because she's been in a funk lately and that she was bored yesterday. So she seems kind of down in the dumps and that's not sexy

LOL...but you could be depressed together...you about your job....and her about her life....

Hmm, well it could have been an interesting date...her frowning, you frowning...you could take her to the amusement park rollercoaster and when it flips upside down your frowns will be smiles! Oops, but amusement parks are definitely very pricey. LOL

You cancelled a date with her. That was for today! What the heck was she supposed to say?

WHY THANK YOU FOR CANCELLING ON ME... SURE MAKES ME FEEL CHIPPER!

Emotions are unsexy everyone. Girls CD dates are supposed to be constantly happy and thrilled to be going out with him.

Why don't you take her somewhere that doesn't cost money, CD? You live in Philly--plenty to do there for no moeny.

If you're going to cancel on a lady, you should offer a proposed later date at the same time and set something exact. Or depending on the situation, it can sometimes be appropriate to send flowers if you need to cancel a date.

But seriously, if money and the job thing is going to be such a big issue that you can't keep and hold a date with a lady, then it's best to just not date until you get all that resolved. You may like her and not want to pass up the chance, but really that's better I think that the current approach.

Archived