Ok, I have a 3rd date schedule for Monday, so what are 5 Things I should be discussing on the date?

ConfusedDater

Hopefully in July I can start having fun again

Not really...because July in Philly can be incredibly hot and humid....neither of you will look your best with sweaty faces and sweaty clothes! I haven't lived in Philly in years but I remember there are all kinds of things you can do that won't cost you....the parks are nice.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really...because July in Philly can be incredibly hot and humid....neither of you will look your best with sweaty faces and sweaty clothes! I haven't lived in Philly in years but I remember there are all kinds of things you can do that won't cost you....the parks are nice.

In july all my dates are after 7PM due to the HEAT-lol

You seem to be approaching dating the same way you would approach a job, which isn't necessarily the best way.

Think of dating as an extension of friendship (you do have friends?). You wouldn't stop hanging out with your friends because you got laid off. In my case, I would need more moral support and would probably hang out more with my friends when I got laid off. If my friends wanted to do lots of expensive things, I'd probably turn them down, but we would find free things to do together.

(btw I live over 700 miles from my parents and have supported myself for over 4 years, thank you very much)

You are in your 30's, there are literally dozens of ways you can date for free. I'm going to list the ones that occur to me without even thinking:

*Make dinner at your house

*Watch TV (great 3rd date by the way!)

*Go for a walk in the park

*Play a board game

*Go jogging

*Play video games (some girls like it... not most...)

These are just the ones I did without thinking- you should be able to think of others. The first 3 are fantastic dates, especially for a 3rd date.

The reason I said that it is apparent that this isn't important to you is because you didn't make any effort to continue the date in the face of a minor difficulty. I don't know anybody that's canceled a date for a reason like that. If you were sincerely interested in this girl, which you obviously aren't, you would have either tried a free date or simply told her, "I'm worried that I may get laid off and need to conserve my money, but I really would like to continue getting to know you. Mind if we (FREE ACTIVITY) for our next date?" If she's a regular human being, she'll probably understand.

You are simply far too rigid about this whole process. You might want to consider taking up yoga or something to help you loosen up, something to help get you connected.

What type of job do you have, out of curiosity?

One of the best dates I ever had was a really cheap picnic in the park. We brought some of that bubble solution and two bubble wands. You wouldn't believe how silly two 40-year-olds looked blowing bubbles in the park, or how much fun we had. We were not two slackers, either. I was a school secretary at the time and he worked for NASA as a program developer. He made those telescopes used in observatories and in space satellites.

Honestly I didn't want to go on the date and was looking for a reason to cancel but didn't have one until the news in the staff meeting on Monday Morning. I think it had something to do with me asking her out in a email on Thursday, and no communication at all on friday. saturday, and sunday. I called her sunday to confirm about tomorrow and I got no answer so The fact that I had to confirm a date over email didn't really get me in the going on a date mood. So instead I went on a first date with someone else last night

Honestly I didn't want to go on the date and was looking for a reason to cancel but didn't have one until the news in the staff meeting on Monday Morning. I think it had something to do with me asking her out in a email on Thursday, and no communication at all on friday. saturday, and sunday. I called her sunday to confirm about tomorrow and I got no answer so The fact that I had to confirm a date over email didn't really get me in the going on a date mood. So instead I went on a first date with someone else last night

Ahhhhhhh....yes....the truth comes out....at last....we have our answer.

How was the date last night?

- You don't really have to have a reason to cancel. Yes it's easier to have an excuse. But - If you don't want to go on a date with someone, tell them as soon as you decide that, and don't keep them waiting in anticipation until the day of.

- How was your new first date? Seriously all that fuss about money yesterday and how you can't go on any dates.....??? Why? I see that you seem to have a difficult time being straight forward and honest. Why didn't you just post "I have a date planned, don't want to go, I'm going to cancel."

Ahhhhhhh....yes....the truth comes out....at last....we have our answer.

How was the date last night?

well the ending was kind of weird, it didn't match the date which was very nice, good flowing conversation, laughter, and her asking me things like-"do you like to travel? Strong eye contact, laughed at my jokes

but that odd ending was confusing

^^ Do tell~

well at the end, i thought we was going to chat for about 5 min, and she seemed to be in a hurry and said she was tired. She also had her seatbealt on when i asked for a hug so there was no hug and I just felt weird getting out of the car, so i just got out and shut the door and as I was walking I don;t know if that was her beeping the horn but i never turned around. So after such a wonderful dinner, the date had a retarded ending

so i just got out and shut the door and as I was walking I don;t know if that was her beeping the horn but i never turned around.

For the love of ________!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why didn't you?? hehehe.... Does that mean you aren't interested in a second date?

Aawwww - - - I see. Did you talk much during the date? I'm glad it went well. Was dinner good?

yes, we were laughing , face to face nice eye contact and nice flowing conversation. I was also telling her a story about when a girl wanted to spend the day with me in Atlantic city and I said I felt a 2nd date was too soon for that and I remember her saying

"So are you like that now??

well at the end, i thought we was going to chat for about 5 min, and she seemed to be in a hurry and said she was tired. She also had her seatbealt on when i asked for a hug so there was no hug and I just felt weird getting out of the car, so i just got out and shut the door and as I was walking I don;t know if that was her beeping the horn but i never turned around. So after such a wonderful dinner, the date had a retarded ending

Why did you ask for a hug? You should have leaned towards her and opened your arms up.

I am but I was just so confused at how everything ended that i just made like I didn;t hear the horn

Smooth.

Why did you ask for a hug? You should have leaned towards her and opened your arms up.

Smooth.

well at that point I was just confused that things ended so strangely after having a nice dinner. So i just kept walking to the store and decided that i would call her later in the week

well at that point I was just confused that things ended so strangely after having a nice dinner. So i just kept walking to the store and decided that i would call her later in the week

You are the one that seemed weird about it. Because you asked and she didn't share the affection you wanted. So don't think of it as weird. People get tired and want to go home after a date. Good or bad.

You are the one that seemed weird about it. Because you asked and she didn't share the affection you wanted. So don't think of it as weird. People get tired and want to go home after a date. Good or bad.

then i send her a email today saying I had a great time and hope you got some rest

her reply was-"i did, thank you"

She would have done better by not replying at all, what kind of reply is that? damm just ignore me if you are going to send a dumb reply like that

then i send her a email today saying I had a great time and hope you got some rest

her reply was-"i did, thank you"

She would have done better by not replying at all, what kind of reply is that? damm just ignore me if you are going to send a dumb reply like that

I would think this is kind of curt and short. Almost like no more interest. I'd reply back asking how her day is going.

In actuality, I'd use the phone though.

Archived