Ok, I have a 3rd date schedule for Monday, so what are 5 Things I should be discussing on the date?

ConfusedDater

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I can tell you from experience that whenever I "pre-planned" topics for conversing at dates, I never got to discuss them. Conversations just happen on their own and go with their own flow. It's not something you can plan, IMO. If you're getting to know the person, well the topics will come to you! "Pre-planned" topics always look so fake to me anyway, and I would probably think the guy is weird or off his rocker or something.

Yaaaaay ConfusedDater got a third date, well done! Don't think too hard beforehand about subjects you'll talk about. You find that on dates people tend to talk about the same things, you might want to go with the flow and be a little original. That said though you can discuss lots of things, hobbies, pets, aspirations, trips she's taken, where's the best place she's ever been, and so on. If you think your questions over too much it could end up sounding like an interview rather than a date. Ask her lots of questions about herself, people love talking about themselves, she's probably no exception. Good luck!!

Try to find a topic relating to family, activities, hobbys, funny experiances etc. Anything to get her talking but make sure you keep eye contact and LISTEN! Women will watch for that! If you constantly look away it will seem as if your not interested. Stay attentive and keep the topics lively and energetic. dont let her do too much talking though, take hold of the conversation aswell! goodluck

if a woman can't understand me cancelling a date due to a layoff then she is TOO DUMB for me to date anyway.

how would i be able to go and have fun on a date when i have to deal with trying to find a new way to support myself? It would not be the time to date if I was informed that i will soon be jobless

so your going to cancel the date because you might get laid off?

even if you do get laid off...i think you can go on the date and still have plenty of time on your hands to look for a new job...and if your time is limited between date #3 and #4 because of the job issue, then i think she'll be okay with that.

if a woman can't understand me cancelling a date due to a layoff then she is TOO DUMB for me to date anyway.

how would i be able to go and have fun on a date when i have to deal with trying to find a new way to support myself? It would not be the time to date if I was informed that i will soon be jobless

I hope that you tell her that you just don't feel up to it due to being so busy looking rather than you can't afford it.

Actually - if I were in her position, I'm not sure it'd be a good idea for you to say "Sorry I can't take you out because I got layed off." If you have the money - you should go. You shouldn't cancel on her.

Unemployment in your state? To get you by? I hope!

it has nothing to do with the money, it's the new mindset I will be in and the last thing I would want to do is go on a date when I can save that money until I start working again.

and I said i would cancel if i found OUT i was laid off. Not if i MAY get laid off, if it's a UP IN THE AIR THING then i would have to live life like i was until I receive the final word

There is no need to tell her the reason for the change in plans. If you do not feel like you would be able to meet with her because you would be too upset, then you should cancel. If it is a money issue, then you can just meet and go for a walk. You don't need to wine and dine her on every date.

it has nothing to do with the money, it's the new mindset I will be in and the last thing I would want to do is go on a date when I can save that money until I start working again.

and I said i would cancel if i found OUT i was laid off. Not if i MAY get laid off, if it's a UP IN THE AIR THING then i would have to live life like i was until I receive the final word

i thought your date was this weekend and you weren't going to find out if you are getting laid off until monday. I must have misread something...

use the date as a release incase of any drama. have fun and try to use it to your advantage by taking your mind off of things. AT ALL COSTS do not talk about your problems!

there is only one kind of activity that is FUN to a man when he just lost his job and you should know what I'm talking about

I understand where you are coming from as far as being stressed. You can always postpone the date to later in the week. Not knowing if the axe is going to fall is very stressful. If the news is bad on Monday you might not feel in the mood of going out..and you probably wouldn't be able to put your best foot forward. The news, of course, could be good..but the uncertainty until you hear it could be quite emotionally draining. I would recommend postponing it and perhaps saying that there are some issues at work that came up and you will need to sort that out.

I understand where you are coming from as far as being stressed. You can always postpone the date to later in the week. Not knowing if the axe is going to fall is very stressful. If the news is bad on Monday you might not feel in the mood of going out..and you probably wouldn't be able to put your best foot forward. The news, of course, could be good..but the uncertainty until you hear it could be quite emotionally draining. I would recommend postponing it and perhaps saying that there are some issues at work that came up and you will need to sort that out.

i would have to cut off all communication with her anyway because i can court a woman and don't have a job. so i would just have to look at the situation as-'what it could have been'

i would have to cut off all communication with her anyway because i can court a woman and don't have a job. so i would just have to look at the situation as-'what it could have been'

Are you serious? If we all felt like that, we'd never meet anyone. With this economy, many people are getting laid off...but they are still getting dates. You can't let this affect everything.

Archived