Now I'm confused . . . why hasn't he called?

confused25

So I met this guy online a little bit over a month ago and things seem to be going well so far, or so I thought. We slept together after our 4th date, which was roughly about a month ago. But even so, we still continued to talk on the phone/text each other pretty much every other day after that (he usually initiates). We had dinner this past Thursday and he asked what my plans were for the weekend. I told him that I will be out of town on Friday but should be back home on Sat. He didn't have any plans for sat night either so we agreed to hang out on sat night. We didn't really talk about what time we'd try to meet up or where we would be going, but he did mention that he had an event he needed to go to and probably wouldn't be back and ready to go out by close to 10 or 11 PM. So we kind of just left it at that. Well I got home on Sat around 8 pm and waited until 12 am and never heard from him. I just assumed that he would give me a ring to let me know that he's back and would let me know what the plans were. So now it's Sunday and I still haven't heard from him and now I am getting paranoid. And I also refused to contact him first. But now I am not sure if he was waiting for Me to contact him about sat's plans. I dunno, what is your take on the situation?

I would think that if you're comfortable enough to have him inside your body you should be comfortable enough to call him and ask him what happened with your plans. I wasn't sure if from what you wrote he meant them to be tentative or whether he said he would call either way. If I have plans with someone and don't hear from them, I would call once to see what's up.

women can get really squeamish and stuck on old fashioned ideas like never calling a guy even when it is warranted. they'll sit around tortured wondering what is going on, passively waiting, rather than picking up the phone and finding out what is going on.

pick up the phone and call him, and ask him what happened this weekend. if he doesn't have a good reason for blowing you off, dump him. if it's a misunderstandng, then talk about how neither of you should be squeamish about contacting the other if there is any question as to the plans.

pick up the phone and call him, and ask him what happened this weekend. if he doesn't have a good reason for blowing you off, dump him. if it's a misunderstandng, then talk about how neither of you should be squeamish about contacting the other if there is any question as to the plans.

2x - he should have a REALLY GOOD excuse for letting you hang like that. if not, dump him. Fully agree.

I think after four dates and having slept wtih him you are within your right and not breaking any dating protocols to call him and find out where his head is at. I don't suggest calling and saying it like that but do call him and say wanna get together so and so date and see what he says. If he is evasive or hems and haws then he has cold feet about the blooming relationship.

I would think that if you're comfortable enough to have him inside your body you should be comfortable enough to call him and ask him what happened with your plans. I wasn't sure if from what you wrote he meant them to be tentative or whether he said he would call either way. If I have plans with someone and don't hear from them, I would call once to see what's up.

Very well put! I have no idea why a lot of women play all coy about calling the guy and act like they are so old-fashioned and yet are ready to jump into bed with them before really getting to know them. If you are comfortable enough sleeping with a guy, you should certainly be comfortable enough calling him.

yes, i agree. and even if you didn't sleep together, i see nothing wrong with calling and saying, 'hey - are we still on for tonight?'

Im wondering if his "event" was another date. I might of called that night, but after his standing you up, Id leave it alone and see what he does...

he might not have called because she never called! or maybe he lost his phone. let's not jump to conclusions.....

See the thing is . . . I don't want to come off as being "needy" since we are just dating. I always thought that if they are interested that they will make every effort to see you. I just don't know if I should take this as a sign that he's just not that into me . . . *argh* dating sucks!!! ](*,)

Quite obvious here. You told him you would be back on Sat, but never said when. He gave you at time at which he would be back. It was up to YOU to call him when you got back and make plans. If I were him, I wouldn't have called you either. This whole "guy must call first everytime" thing gets old real fast. I don't any guy with any sense of self worth who will put up with that for very long. Refusing to call him first? Lame.

• 2 weeks later...
Very well put! I have no idea why a lot of women play all coy about calling the guy and act like they are so old-fashioned and yet are ready to jump into bed with them before really getting to know them. If you are comfortable enough sleeping with a guy, you should certainly be comfortable enough calling him.

I also agree

yeh just call him, or text! otherwise you will only wonder. I do know that guys get insecure about contact aswell, so maybe he is wondering whether to call you, or whether you now want him to! he confident and call, but make it really light-hearted, even with a splash of humour!

Archived