Is anyone okay with prostitution?

rosephase

i know a married gentleman who frequented hookers....he called himself "ugly" and his wife wouldn't put out for him. what is he supposed to do?

That's complicated...you can't just say, oh why didn't he dump her and find some other chick? Why didn't he masturbate?

I can empathize with this. I am sure he did not want to hurt his wife or endanger things further emotionally, but he needed that sense of worth and intimacy, so he did what he could. That's all any of us can do, whether we do the wisest thing or not. This is a shades-of-grey situation, a shade-of-grey issue in general. You cannot make a clear-cut judgment on this, that it is 'wrong' no matter what.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boo-f'ing-hoo

i dont think anyone will be busy crying him a river because he feels unfortunate. Wait until he contracts HIV and gives it to his wife, and then he can tell her 'its because i was too weak to solve my problems and instead paid a diseased woman to have sex with me'

i think he stopped after he got busted once for getting the # 3 massage

i know a married gentleman who frequented hookers....he called himself "ugly" and his wife wouldn't put out for him. what is he supposed to do?

divorce her and look for someone that will think he is attractive.

Men use this excuse way to often to rationalize being a pig.

My wife does'nt find me sexy so I'm going to bang a hooker.......OMG

That's complicated...you can't just say, oh why didn't he dump her and find some other chick? Why didn't he masturbate?

I can empathize with this. I am sure he did not want to hurt his wife or endanger things further emotionally, but he needed that sense of worth and intimacy, so he did what he could. That's all any of us can do, whether we do the wisest thing or not. This is a shades-of-grey situation, a shade-of-grey issue in general. You cannot make a clear-cut judgment on this, that it is 'wrong' no matter what.

masterbation isn't what he wanted...he wanted human contact

so because it is legalized you think these girls go to work with their head held high? do you think b/c it is legalized they don't sit down at the end of the night and stare at themselves and wonder where their souls disappeared to?!?! Legalized doesn't make it dignified, legalized doesn't remove the stigma...as per my latter post these girls are not choosing this profession b/c they feel proud and accomplished, they are choosing it b/c its all they have known they are choosing it b/c someone down the line made them feel like all they had to offer was their body..

take the men out of the equation..take the transaction out of it and really examine the reasons a girl would involve herself in this legal or not

i don't think the girls should be proud of what they do..i just said they provided a service

so because it is legalized you think these girls go to work with their head held high? do you think b/c it is legalized they don't sit down at the end of the night and stare at themselves and wonder where their souls disappeared to?!?! Legalized doesn't make it dignified, legalized doesn't remove the stigma...as per my latter post these girls are not choosing this profession b/c they feel proud and accomplished, they are choosing it b/c its all they have known they are choosing it b/c someone down the line made them feel like all they had to offer was their body..

take the men out of the equation..take the transaction out of it and really examine the reasons a girl would involve herself in this legal or not

Agree with this 100%...they have to look at themselves in the mirror every day.

No little girl says "I wanna be a Hooker when I grow up Mommy"...

they were on the Tyra banks show and they seemed happy

Of course they did. They count on the money to live, and they don't want to lose business by seeming like they do not enjoy what they do. Seeming enthusiastic about degrading yourself and letting someone into your body for money is half the sale. It allows for their "client" to feel less guilty or morally responsible. It also helps the prostitute sleep at night to think they are actually happy to be putting a price tag on their souls.

"They seem happy"

"They like their jobs"

"They chose this career"

-Those are all statements that help enable a fundamentally flawed aspect of society, and the continuation of a human meat market. It takes away all responsbility- so that society does not need to improve, or even care.

The prostitute might be able to fool the client and themselves to think it is ok- but I can never be fooled. I see it for what it is....and it's very sad.

I feel like the sigma in our country still lies in that sex is kind of dirty and wrong. And I really try to fight those thoughts and feelings in my life. That having lots of sex as a woman with different partners somehow make you bad, it’s funny to me that we still carry around these thoughts and feelings.

It's not really a great thing, the disgust surrounding sexuality. We wouldn't BE here without it. Most of us were probably not conceived under the supposedly ideal conditions, wedlock, emotional security blah blah. It's a VITAL part of life, a vital part of our natures as individuals.

I am not coming from a place that calls these women dirty whores...i am not coming from a place of thinking all sex is dirty...I am thinking of the woman in this situation and that is pretty much all i am thinking...

I am not judging ppl who have had multiple partners...I am saying women who go in to a profession that is viewed so negatively and that is based soley on using your body to provide a service are broken and so NO i will never condone prostitution legal or not because it steals the souls and dignity of the women who didn't feel they had other options to go to

no its because we feel sex is personal and important. not something that needs to be sold like a lamp or dildo. a woman isnt a blowup doll. its that kind of justification of this profession that helps men to respect women less.

I bet the men who screw your friend don't think she is anything more than a c-dumpster. a woman who subjects herself to that kind of judgement has thick skin but i doubt she is 'strong' in a healthy way outside of that. A woman like that doesnt value her body, soul, or future. End of story.

Just thought I'd chime in here... I think its slightly funny you're all basically saying

"prostitutes are all crack heads" because thats just totally not true. Granted alot of them I'm sure are, but not all...

What would you say about the bunnies of the playboy mansion? are'nt they glorified prositutes in a sense?

I know of afew girls who have gone into this, and my god it was not by choice alot of the time. I know there are always better choices, but would you also say that to the tramp on the street?

There are always going to be people in this business, for bad reasons aswell as horrific ones... but these girls are'nt psychic, when the married man goes to them, she won't ask him that.

I think thats rubbish sorry to say. He is cheating for god sake with a hooker

Look, even if it were to be legalized, it will never be a "respectable" job nor will it be considered a "respectable" service to use. I seriously doubt that it would ever become a mainstream/common thing, even if it was legalized. However, it's been going on much longer than any of us has been alive...and likely will continue long after we're all gone.

Many years ago this topic came up when I was talking to a guy I used to work with. It was his thought that there are some guys whose only option to get laid is to hire a prostitute. So what's better here -- trying to keep those who would partake of this service (on either a provider or buyer end) as safe as possible or condemning them, saying it shouldn't happen and punishing them if they're caught? Or should sex only be limited only those who are attractive enough, socially adept enough and motivated enough to attract a mate by non-business transaction methods?

In a perfect world, maybe sex and love wouldn't be able to be separated into sex as a business transaction, but we are not living in a perfect world. If punishing people for working as prostitutes or hiring prostitutes worked, the business would cease to exist.

Or is it that sex workers and those who use their services aren't worthy of having protections (like regulation/licensing/mandatory health screenings) in place since they're doing something most people find morally repugant?

Archived