Is anyone okay with prostitution?

rosephase

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find prostitution sick and appauling.

Women selling themselves on the street?

Men paying for it?

Have you seen some of them? They are desperate for drug money.

It's degrading to women everywhere...they put themselves in danger...

Married men going to visit them and THEN GOING HOME TO THEIR UNSUSPECTING WIVES AND GIVING THEM GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT KIND OF DISEASES???

I find it deplorable.

My opinion.

Nuff said.

~Allie

these things dont happen because its illegal, these things happen because women who sleep with 10 men a night to make a living and buy dope and crack are looked down upon as subhuman. No one who sleeps with a prostitute can say they respect them in any way shape or form. They put themselves out there to be screwed, came in, pissed on and knocked back out of the car. you can't beautify something this ugly i'm sorry.

But if i were to choose a lesser evil i'd say 'yeah lets just all have hooker houses that regulate it'

But you have to accept that you will still have streetwalkers anyway. Hell its illegal NOW and its rampant! Laws are only for those who abide by them.

I agree! If hookers are legal i would think the world has gone crazy. It's just not right. Woman are who prositiutes should get a REAL job instead of opening their legs to any dirty old pervy man.

these things dont happen because its illegal, these things happen because women who sleep with 10 men a night to make a living and buy dope and crack are looked down upon as subhuman. No one who sleeps with a prostitute can say they respect them in any way shape or form. They put themselves out there to be screwed, came in, pissed on and knocked back out of the car. you can't beautify something this ugly i'm sorry.

But if i were to choose a lesser evil i'd say 'yeah lets just all have hooker houses that regulate it'

But you have to accept that you will still have streetwalkers anyway. Hell its illegal NOW and its rampant! Laws are only for those who abide by them.

Wow! You are making a lot of assumptions. The girls I know work out of a woman run co-op in a nice house in a quite neighborhood. They are clean and get paid well. They work with well behaved men. I know not all women who work get this kind of safety, but you would be surprised. In the US there are a lot more up scale call girls then street walkers in Seattle, it is estimated it's like 4 to 1 although it's hard to count.

You wrong about that. Sex and love is incredible healing, ask tons of men and women on this board. I think we have all been healed by sex and love. But if you really want to say it isn't that is okay to. But it's healing for me and I think a lot of others. And I said in my first post I was talking about unattached men. Seeing a hooker is cheating if you’re with someone and of cheating is a painful thing for everyone.

I find it strange you tie in "love" with paid for sex.

I have a lot of empathy for women and men whom turn to prostitution due to life circumstances - or are forced into it in some instances. There are times I have come accross some of these women and men through work and often it's due to a cycle of violence and poverty.

I do think that more protections should be given to workers; because it does not seem like it will ever go away. It is NOT right that dozens of prostitutes for example disappeared in B.C. and no one bothered to figure out it was because they were being murdered on a pig farm until after dozens had disappeared over the years...they are peoples children, mothers, sisters, friends....and I find it horrendous they are discarded in such a way.

However, that being said...I don't have much empathy for those whom perpetuate that system - be them men whom pay for it or women whom try to call it other than what it is. Whether they are paying big bucks of $10 on the street; it perpetuates a system that really benefits no one in the long run. "I provide healing" is B.S. You provide your body in exchange for money - you can call it what you want but I highly doubt they go home feeling "good about their contribution to society". The only thing you feel good about is maybe the money you get from it, but you cannot tell me that having hundreds of men pay to use your body is "enriching" to your life. Even places where it is legalized - when you see documentaries, etc about these women - all I can see is a lot of unhappiness no matter what fake smile they put on as they line up like cattle at the auction....

No I would not date a man whom had seen prostitutes - whether they were high priced or not. To me it is a clear sign our values are completely out of sync.

I do not find SEX degrading in the least. I love sex and highly value my sexual relationship with my partner. What I find degrading is renting space on your body for a stranger...and as I said perpetuating a system of violence, abuse, poverty...even if you are the high-priced call girl you reinforce the entire system that makes it okay to rent and discard women's bodies and the men whom pay for it are doing the same thing.

Wow! You are making a lot of assumptions. The girls I know work out of a woman run co-op in a nice house in a quite neighborhood. They are clean and get paid well. They work with well behaved men. I know not all women who work get this kind of safety, but you would be surprised. In the US there are a lot more up scale call girls then street walkers in Seattle, it is estimated it's like 4 to 1 although it's hard to count.

^ do these girls also know that prostitution is illegal? can't they get a day job? sorry but you really really cannot glorify this lifestyle.

How can you say they are clean?

Condoms pretty much protect from Aids and pregnancy. -and they aren't 100% effective.

There are plenty of STD's that you can get with skin contact, WHILE wearing a condom.

So since they sleep with x amount of men a night. And these men probably see prostitutes on a regular basis, I can GUARANTEE they are not all clean.

that is some argument you are making so because there are some "high class" call girls its all right to pay for sex...never mind the ones that ED are talking about...they're "low class" so it doesn't matter...Girls who choose a profession getting paid for sex have something broken in them...they might put on a front and they might act like they are happy with the life they are living and the path they have chosen but guaranteed somewhere down the road some one broke them and this is their only way of coping...guaranteed...no one goes in to a line of work that they have to hide, be openly ridiculed and judged for...and people who are truly interested in healing go in to counseling or nursing not

You wrong about that. Sex and love is incredible healing, ask tons of men and women on this board. I think we have all been healed by sex and love. But if you really want to say it isn't that is okay to. But it's healing for me and I think a lot of others. And I said in my first post I was talking about unattached men. Seeing a hooker is cheating if you’re with someone and of cheating is a painful thing for everyone.

but seeing a hooker if you are ugly and feel hideous can be a blessing

My question is if you are unattached, and there for not hurting anyone by doing it, do you think seeing a prostitute is _always_ bad?

Yes, I see it as always "bad" whether it is on a street corner with a price of $30 or in a fancy hotel for a price of $3000. -Whether the "client" is married or not-

I understand why it exists in context, and see the purpose it may serve in society. But the purpose it serves is a flawed one. .Prostitution preys on the vulnerabilities and flaws of both the prostitute and the client.....For that reason, I will never see it as a "good" thing- or even an acceptable thing- ever, regardless of the context.

To me it is a clear sign our values are completely out of sync.

I agree.

I can't speak from personal experience but of the women I know who do it, it is about healing thru sex and love. You give people pleasure and joy. I know lots of people who would walk away from a job that gives people pleasure and joy feeling good about the work they just did. But I obviously think differently then some.

I don't think it's about healing through sex and love. Where exactly is the love? They don't love the men they are servicing, I'm sure the men don't love them. They may 'love' the way she gives a bj but there is no love there.

I don't think it's about healing through sex and love. Where exactly is the love? They don't love the men they are servicing, I'm sure the men don't love them. They may 'love' the way she gives a bj but there is no love there.

Metro Girl pipes in!!! Yes...well put! Where is the love? Where is the respect for the woman????

Archived