Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girlfriend wants to be friends for now

Accept her offer of friendship or tell her that you don't want a friendship with her. She doesn't want a relationship with you so respect her wishes.

2. 08-06-2020, 05:54 PM

3. 08-06-2020, 07:24 PM

<Removed>

That’s a better comment actually talking about it, your original comment was just stating the obvious and made it out like I wouldn't respect her decision.
    I did ask and she said it was “Just different” and said again maybe it was due to the time apart.
    This is my first relationship where we I have had a long time apart and I’m just trying to understand as people are different.
    Sorry if I offended you in anyway
    Last edited by HeartGoesOn; 08-06-2020 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted post.

Originally Posted by user6785
    That’s a better comment actually talking about it, your original comment was just stating the obvious and made it out like I wouldn't respect her decision.
    I did ask and she said it was “Just different” and said again maybe it was due to the time apart.
    This is my first relationship where we I have had a long time apart and I’m just trying to understand as people are different.
    Sorry if I offended you in anyway
    Thank you, apology accepted.

Her "just different" comment most likely means she's losing interest in hanging onto a relationship during these unprecedented times. Relationships can easily grow stale whenever there's too much upheaval such as prolonged absences and separation. It's difficult to recapture the same spark especially if you two no longer see each other often as pre-pandemic.

People are different and in some aspects the same when it comes to calling it quits whenever the relationship isn't optimal including during this pandemic, separation, too much absence, etc. The interest isn't there anymore because the relationship lost its momentum.

Mod Note: Please remain respectful, and avoid using personal attacks.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by user6785
    The thing is she is into me but just doesn’t want a relationship when we can’t see each other at the moment however is hoping it returns to liking each other very much as she once did, when we are together 24/7. The time apart may have just caused it to be different and it will go back to normal when we are together all the time.
    You're in a little denial here. Breakups can be very awkward and often times people try to let the other down as softly as possible to avoid drama. If she was into you, she would move the earth to make it work. You are only going to torture yourself thinking there's still a chance. And you'll likely end up being clingy and needy which will push her further away. The best thing for you to do is listen to her and give her space. And focus on yourself. If she comes around down the road and you still want to give it a chance, then you can deal with that then.

You're disregarding advice you don't want to hear. The sooner you can accept it the faster you can get over it.

Originally Posted by Blank State
    You're in a little denial here. Breakups can be very awkward and often times people try to let the other down as softly as possible to avoid drama. If she was into you, she would move the earth to make it work. You are only going to torture yourself thinking there's still a chance. And you'll likely end up being clingy and needy which will push her further away. The best thing for you to do is listen to her and give her space. And focus on yourself. If she comes around down the road and you still want to give it a chance, then you can deal with that then.

You're disregarding advice you don't want to hear. The sooner you can accept it the faster you can get over it.
    I’m not ignoring the advice. I even said “I’m giving her space” but yeah you’re probably right about torturing myself by hanging on.

Platinum Member
    Well if she's being serious that she only wants to break up during quarantine and she doesn't want this relationship unless you're physically together all the time, that is immature! If you're in a relationship you don't just dump them because there was a difficult situation. You have to wait for your partner and still be with them until you can be together in person. You don't just dump them and then get to call the shots and decide to get back together later. I'm sorry to say but I don't think she's actually that into you, and she's also not very mature. She probably said to be friends just to be nice or maybe to keep you on the hook in case she doesn't find any other guys she likes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice