Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Living with ex that doesnít want me

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7

    Living with ex that doesnít want me

    Oh Kay! So my boyfriend and I ya been together for almost A year. We have been living together pretty much the same amount of time . We took a break a wile back. That lasted couple of weeks. We got back together ď so I thought we didĒ. Until I found out that he has been referring to me as the ďnot really girlfriend ď. So I excepted the fact that I was just being made a fool of and i removed all of my belongings out of the house cleaned it and now Iím staying in the sun room till I save enough to get a place. My question is how the no contact rule work in th Ian situation

  2. #2
    Platinum Member Cherylyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,665
    Ghost, block and delete. However, I would wait until you're officially moved out should you need to contact him regarding money such as splitting the rent, utilities, etc.

    After that, cease all contact permanently.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,047
    You moved in after you met?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    You moved in after you met?
    No, we have known each other for well over ten years. We got along so well and we just fit. Then things changes somehow

  5.  

  6. #5
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,047
    He soon can you get out of there?

  7. #6
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,669
    Originally Posted by amyjmarchi
    Oh Kay! So I excepted the fact that I was just being made a fool of and i removed all of my belongings out of the house cleaned it and now Iím staying in the sun room till I save enough to get a place. My question is how the no contact rule work in th Ian situation
    Iím sorry. But is this his house? You say you removed all of your belongings out of the house yet you remain in the house??
    Why?
    And why did you move in with him in the first place?
    To help him pay his rent / mortgage???

    Where did you move from? Your parents? Move back!!

    For you to ask how no contact works in this situation, just highlights immaturity.
    Communication should be high at this point ! You need to discuss this with him. He wants you out, has he given you notice thatís fair within a normal tenancy agreement. 4 weeks?

    You need to move out!
    Itís not his responsibility where you move to or how. Itís yours.
    So, apart from simply figuring out petty no contact. What is your plan to move?

  8. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The emerald city
    Posts
    1,137
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by amyjmarchi
    i removed all of my belongings out of the house cleaned it and now Iím staying in the sun room till I save enough to get a place. My question is how the no contact rule work in th Ian situation
    It is near impossible as a practical matter to do NC under the same roof.

    Move out.

  9. #8
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    36,591
    Gender
    Male
    Where did you live before? Where you homeless? Do you have friends or family who could help you out? Are you working? Going to school? No contact? What for? He thinks of you as a roommate with benefits. You need to move out.
    Originally Posted by amyjmarchi
    my boyfriend and I been together for almost A year. been living together pretty much the same amount of time. now Iím staying in the sun room till I save enough to get a place.

  10. #9
    Platinum Member Gary Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Land of Wind & Ghosts
    Posts
    1,589
    No contact does not work if you live together.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7
    Originally Posted by Billie28
    Iím sorry. But is this his house? You say you removed all of your belongings out of the house yet you remain in the house??
    Why?
    And why did you move in with him in the first place?
    To help him pay his rent / mortgage???

    Where did you move from? Your parents? Move back!!

    For you to ask how no contact works in this situation, just highlights immaturity.
    Communication should be high at this point ! You need to discuss this with him. He wants you out, has he given you notice thatís fair within a normal tenancy agreement. 4 weeks?

    You need to move out!
    Itís not his responsibility where you move to or how. Itís yours.
    So, apart from simply figuring out petty no contact. What is your plan to move?
    I was not homeless and I was asked to move in by him. As far as Communication he refuses to communicate he shuts down and ignores and mimics me when I talk so I totally agree with you when you say reeks of immaturity however the reason why I have not left yet is because I feel that I should not have to go backwards in my life because I put myself out there to be in a relationship. I am going to move out I just need to save money up first. I also am waiting to hear back from my brother to see if I can rent a room from him. I didnít think the no contact rule would work in a situation like this I did have a read something in an article online about how to use the no contact rule while living together and it said basically treat it like a business relationship so itís what Iím doing acting professional and treating it as if itís a business relationship

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •