Tips on how to build more chemistry?!

tamaraxoxo

My bf and I have been together for a while now, and lately things have become a little dull between us. When we’re on the phone, we talk about any/everything & I saw nothing wrong with it but he does. What are some helpful tips to boost our chemistry level up more?

I think you mean keep the spark alive. Take up a new hobby together like any kind of dancing: tango, salsa, hip-hop, ballroom, swing. Or cooking classes or playing on a co-ed sports team or whatever interests you both. If you talk too much on the phone, you might run out of topics, so cut down on phone chats. It takes two to put in a daily effort. If nothing improves, maybe he or both of you have outgrown the relationship.

I actually disagree with Andrina - more *togetherness* is not what you need, you need some space away from each other, to miss each other, and better appreciate the times you do spend together!

Your each doing your own thing, perhaps not even talking every day, will add an element of mystery, which often results in your reigniting the *spark*, missing each over and appreciating each other!

What your bf is trying to tell you is that he's bored, he feels complacent.

You say you talk every day about anything and everything - this is what good friends do, which is how he may see you - more like a good friend, rather than a girlfriend who he is excited about and intrigued by.

I can't stress enough how introducing a little space and distance in your relationship can spice things up!

My bf and I just returned from a ten day vacay together; had we not given each other a bit of space during those ten days, we would have driven each other crazy with all that togetherness!

He would go work out most mornings for an hour, sometimes longer, or go surfing - some afternoons (not all) I would hang out back at the cabin, do yoga, one afternoon I went shopping!

We both appreciated having this space, we missed each other which made our evenings and nights that much more special!

Course there were entire days we spent together, which were awesome as well, just saying a little space away from each can really work wonders to liven things up!

As I said, your bf sounds bored, complacent, perhaps even a bit suffocated.

Give him some space, let him miss you and wonder about you sometimes!

I dunno, has always worked for me and my relationships.

Good luck! :D

How much time do you spend together in person, OP? And how frequently do you talk on the phone?

Also, how long have you been dating? I am curious the know the context in which his concerns came up.

EDIT: OP, wait a minute. You have a different thread going about a guy you've been talking to. In this thread you have a boyfriend. Is this the same guy, or are you talking to a guy who isn't your boyfriend?

https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552567

Have you met in person? Are you dating in real life? He doesn't want to be a male girlfriend and phone chat all the time. Is this the boy from the "I’m not what he’s used to" thread? In that thread you were just 'talking to' this boy but have not dated.

When we’re on the phone, we talk about any/everything & I saw nothing wrong with it but he does. What are some helpful tips to boost our chemistry level up more?

The best way in my opinion to build chemistry is to engage in a lot of new hobbies of activities with your SO.

Developing new things together like that can really help. But that is still more of discovering new things that have potential chemistry than fabricating it out of thin air.

But that is pretty much creating chemistry.

Archived