Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think this type of age gap would be acceptable?

Bronze Member

Do you think this type of age gap would be acceptable?

My friend wanted to set her sister up with my brother. My brother is 26, and he's autistic so he never gets any dates with women ever. However, my friend thought that he might be a good catch for her sister, but her sister is only 14. My friend said that she think it would be okay, because psychologically they are at the same maturity level, perhaps he may be a bit under her, maturity wise, not sure.

I kind of see what she means though, as he could use a girl at his developmental level, compared to him trying to keep on going for women his own age, who are quite a bit too advanced for him. But what do you think?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Uuummmmn want to land your brother in JAIL as a pedo? HELL NO!!! That is abuse of her sister . Is she nuts?

Bronze Member
    Well I very well see your point, but what is he suppose to do? I mean the law says he has to date women that are older, and he is underdeveloped mentally. So he is in a paradox here. I guess my friend didn't think it was abuse of her sister, cause she said that they are at the same developmental level.

Platinum Member
    Your friend doesn't write the laws.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Uuummmmn want to land your brother in JAIL as a pedo? HELL NO!!! That is abuse of her sister . Is she nuts?
    I second this. It's absolutely appalling and disgusting, imo. ~speechless~

Bronze Member
    Yeah that's true. So if he has the development and IQ of someone around the age of 13-14, but still wants to date and feels lonely, what should he do then, since women his age are far more advanced?

Platinum Member
    There must be women his age who are at the same developmental level.

Does he attend school or go to any kind of social groups?

My cousin has Down's Syndrome and he has had several girlfriends.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by ironpony
    Well I very well see your point, but what is he suppose to do? I mean the law says he has to date women that are older, and he is underdeveloped mentally. So he is in a paradox here. I guess my friend didn't think it was abuse of her sister, cause she said that they are at the same developmental level.
    Well ,you certainly donít go after children the age of 14 that is against the law and is statutory rape . The Law doesnít give a ratís ass if you donít have the mental capacity . They will still put a person in jail for child abuse .

And your friend wants to pimp out her sister ? wow ! She need her head examined .

Bronze Member
    But isn't it kind of a double standard cause everyone is perfectly with dating an adult woman with the IQ and development of a 14 year old, which would psychologically be the same thing for her?

And why does the law want to come down on mentally challenged people who are at the same development level, and therefore, it is totally different?

But if that's the case, it's really hard to find an adult woman who is at his level, and I would like to help but it's really difficult to find any.

Originally Posted by ironpony
    But isn't it kind of a double standard cause everyone is perfectly with dating an adult woman with the IQ and development of a 14 year old, which would psychologically be the same thing for her?

And why does the law want to come down on mentally challenged people who are at the same development level, and therefore, it is totally different?

But if that's the case, it's really hard to find an adult woman who is at his level, and I would like to help but it's really difficult to find any.
    Law is there to protect children from adults what the law cares about is your chronological age . Doesnít matter if you think itís a double standard or not the law states what the law states . Donít even bother trying it your brother will end up in jail faster than you can believe or have his butt kicked and jailed by her parents. This is not a good plan whatsoever and your friend needs her head checked .

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice