Do you think this type of age gap would be acceptable?

ironpony

Oh okay, I looked it up, and it said that the age of consent law only applied if they had sex, which I don't think was my friend's idea at all cause her sister wanted to wait she said, so I thought it would only apply if they had sex.

Sorry, the responses came in very unsually fast on this thread, and I missed boltrun's response. He doesn't go to school at the moment, and is not part of any particular group, but we tried finding him some matches online, too no success so far.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh okay, I looked it up, and it said that the age of consent law only applied if they had sex, which I don't think was my friend's idea at all cause her sister wanted to wait she said, so I thought it would only apply if they had sex.

So you think her parents will be OK with her dating a 26-year-old man ????? Dude, really??? Any 26-year-old man who went after my 14-year-old daughter would have his ass kicked .

Sorry, the responses came in very unsually fast on this thread, and I missed boltrun's response. He doesn't go to school at the moment, and is not part of any particular group, but we tried finding him some matches online, too no success so far.

Sorry, I thought I did answer the questions in this previous post.

Sorry, I thought I did answer the questions in this previous post.

How is he supposed to meet people if he doesn't attend events, is not a member of any groups and doesn't attend school??

My cousin has attended school and social groups since he was grade school age. His life is full of events. Why hasn't anyone gotten him involved with anything like that?

Well he is part of some groups like a bowling group and a scrabble group, but those women are too advanced for him, and I am trying to find ones that are psychologically on his level. As for going to school, is it worth spending on money going to school just to meet girls? He sucked in school, and doesn't even know what he wants to be yet, so I don't want to talk him into taking something he doesn't like, or will not be good at, to meet women.

And it's not like he doesn't do anything, he has been rejected several times, so I am trying to find someone more on his development level, rather than just going for anyone, in any group.

Well he is part of some groups like a bowling group and a scrabble group, but those women are too advanced for him, and I am trying to find ones that are psychologically on his level. As for going to school, is it worth spending on money going to school just to meet girls? He sucked in school, and doesn't even know what he wants to be yet, so I don't want to talk him into taking something he doesn't like, or will not be good at, to meet women.

And it's not like he doesn't do anything, he has been rejected several times, so I am trying to find someone more on his development level, rather than just going for anyone, in any group.

Is he even interested in relationships right now or are you guys pushing this on him?

My cousin's school doesn't cost him money. He receives funding from the government. I presume your brother qualifies for benefits as well. It's not trade school. It's life skills and lots of excursions.

And I meant specific groups for the developmentally challenged.

Is he even interested in relationships right now or are you guys pushing this on him?

No he really wants this, and is going through a lot of depression and anxiety over not being accepted, and being rejected all the time.

As for groups of the developmentally challenged we tried those but there were only two women, and they rejected him. I could keep trying there, but no one knew has joined since it seemed.

Ok guys, maybe we shouldn't be so hard on the friend, sounds like he meant well, he's just ignorant of the laws re physical relationships between adults and minors. Doesn't mean he needs to get his head examined, he just needs to be educated about the law.

OP does sort of bring up an interesting point though, that got me thinking. His brother, 26, is at the same mental, emotional and developmental maturity level as this girl, 14. So mentally, emotionally and developmentally they are the same age.

However, chronologically they are not, he is an adult and she is a minor, and therefore the law says if he becomes physical with her, he's a "pedophile" and a criminal.

Yes the correct course of action would be for him to join social groups and events attended by other mentally and developmentally challenged adults. So he can meet a woman there who is on his same level, but also an adult. Problem solved.

But it still gets one thinking though, doesn't it? About the laws in our country (or whatever country he lives in) and how rigid and unbending they can be?

Personally, and I may get slammed for this, I don't believe if he were to get involved, become physical with her, he's a pedophile and criminal even though chronologically he's an adult and she a minor. Again, they're at the same mental, emotional and developmental level.

But the law says he is, which of course he should adhere to if he doesn't want to land himself in jail and be deemed a sexual predator for the rest of his life, but I still think it's worth exploring and perhaps some brave person challenging the law on this, just my opinion! :D

I don't think the police could do anything about that. They can't arrest someone just for floating an idea of a crime. An actual crime has to be committed.

Don’t test that fact. If a crime is committed or could be committed even sites like this report that.

No he really wants this, and is going through a lot of depression and anxiety over not being accepted, and being rejected all the time.

As for groups of the developmentally challenged we tried those but there were only two women, and they rejected him. I could keep trying there, but no one knew has joined since it seemed.

Well, don’t direct him towards kids.

Ok guys, maybe we shouldn't be so hard on the friend, sounds like he meant well, he's just ignorant of the laws re physical relationships between adults and minors. Doesn't mean he needs to get his head examined, he just needs to be educated about the law.

OP does sort of bring up an interesting point though, that got me thinking. His brother, 26, is at the same mental, emotional and developmental maturity level as this girl, 14. So mentally, emotionally and developmentally they are the same age.

However, chronologically they are not, he is an adult and she is a minor, and therefore the law says if he becomes physical with her, he's a "pedophile" and a criminal.

Yes the correct course of action would be for him to join social groups and events attended by other mentally and developmentally challenged adults. So he can meet a woman there who is on his same level, but also an adult. Problem solved.

But it still gets one thinking though, doesn't it? About the laws in our country (or whatever country he lives in) and how rigid and unbending they can be?

Personally, and I may get slammed for this, I don't believe if he were to get involved, become physical with her, he's a pedophile and criminal even though chronologically he's an adult and she a minor. Again, they're at the same mental, emotional and developmental level.

But the law says he is, which of course he should adhere to if he doesn't want to land himself in jail and be deemed a sexual predator for the rest of his life, but I still think it's worth exploring and perhaps some brave person challenging the law on this, just my opinion! :D

*gobsmacked* So, you wouldn't have a problem with a 28 year old guy getting together with your 14 year old daughter, or sister? You're cool with that?

Don’t test that fact. If a crime is committed or could be committed even sites like this report that.

But the police couldn't do anything to stop something like that. Anyone can accuse someone of going to commit a crime, the police need some sort of probable cause, but I guess that is a different issue.

As for the government giving him funding... It seems that the government is not very caring for mentally disabled people, I don't think, but I can look into it. Not sure what he would go to school for. I am autistic as well, and I never got any government funding when I went to school and I had to pay.

Ironpony, you have mentioned in previous threads that you are autistic. Your brother is also autistic, apparently.

You have posted previously about having dates and a social life. Are you at a higher functioning level than your brother? I'm just wondering why you have been able to date and have a social life but your brother has not.

But the police couldn't do anything to stop something like that. Anyone can accuse someone of going to commit a crime, the police need some sort of probable cause, but I guess that is a different issue.

As for the government giving him funding... It seems that the government is not very caring for mentally disabled people, I don't think, but I can look into it. Not sure what he would go to school for. I am autistic as well, and I never got any government funding when I went to school and I had to pay.

OP, you're right, your friend hasn't done anything *yet*. BUT, IF she ever went through with something like this, I would hope you do not go along with it and do the right thing, report her.

Your whole thread is evidence of a possible crime what are you even talking about ? Tell your friend absolutely no way Jose and tell her keep her suggestions out of it . Before she gets people thrown in jail .

Archived