Do you think this type of age gap would be acceptable?

ironpony

This whole thread absolutely sickens me, and I can't believe the moderators didn't put a stop to it from the first post.

To see that it's reached 10 pages is appalling.

Discussing whether an illegal activity should be pushed between two innocent people is shameful.

I'm absolutely disgusted by this.

Where did anyone say or even suggest that it should be "pushed"?

I certainly never did, nor did I read where anyone else did either.

As far as my "thought experiment" (as WaywardKiwi so eloquently described it), and opening a dialogue about laws and society and how they affect our thinking (not only about this but generally) obviously my point had gotten lost in translation, which I suppose is par for the course when comes to issues like this.

I agree with you, may be best to close this thread, and again my apologies if I offended anyone, NOT my intention!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP, in the very first post, pondering whether he should set up his autistic brother with a 14 year old girl.

And no, I do not believe this is a “thought experiment”. This is a disgusting, and ILLEGAL topic involving pedophilia and an innocent autistic young man, possibly walking him straight into a crime, and that does not warrant discussion.

The fact that I’m even being asked to defend my words is unbelievable.

One more thing: sometimes, a thread hits one personally, thus the reaction is very strong.

I have 2 pre-teen age nieces, one of whom is more innocent and gullible. I am very close to these girls.

I also coincidentally just listened to a mother of an autistic son talk about all the great lengths she goes through to protect him. I cried when she told her story.

When I add these two things together, the topic of this thread makes my stomach hurt.

I apologize for my harsh tone.

I do wish this thread would be locked.

Archived