so hello everyone, I really need someone's help so I decided to tell my problems for you. I broke up with my boyfriend about 2 weeks ago. We were together for almost 2 years. I left him because I felt like I'm not really happy with him and also he didn't gave me enough personal space. After the end of our relationship, I just started to chat with another guy from other city. I really liked him, because we have similar interests, hobbies etc. But then my ex-boyfriend somehow found out about that other guy, as I understood, he thought that I wasn't loyal, so he came to my house, pushed me to the floor and then started to spit all around my face. I felt terrible after that, I think it's some kind of violence. Anyways, after one week my ex-boyfriend started to apologize, he said that he will change, that he would anything for me and so on. And I don't really know what to do, because I really loved him, but also I just can't so easily forgive for his actions, but also I like that other guy.. so, can you please help me? what should i do? Also, I have depression and anxiety for one year, so I thought maybe it's better to not to have any relationship for a period of time?

Sorry to hear this. You should have had him arrested for assault. Tell your parents or any other trusted adult. How old is he? Go no contact block and delete him from all social media and messaging.

All abusers come back promising change research "cycle of violence". It's called the honeymoon phase but he will not change and you will not fix him. Educate yourself on abusive relationships and the red flags.

Keep your windows/doors locked if he has a key, change your locks. Get a restraining order. He will seriously injure you. You broke you because he was already possessive jealous and controlling like all abusers, right?

It's now shifted to physical violence as it often does when they loss control of their possession and you try to end it. He doesn't love you. He loves control over you.

he came to my house, pushed me to the floor and then started to spit all around my face.

Your ex became abusive and violent. Do not get back together with him, whatever you do or the violence WILL escalate. You should have called the cops when he assaulted you and yes he assaulted you. Cut things off with him, block, delete, tell your family and friends about his behavior. Look into filing charges against him now. This has gone from an ex who you left over his possessiveness and controlling ways to flat out abusive dangerous person where you can be seriously hurt or killed if this continues to escalate. And no, going back to him will not de-escalate it at all, quite the opposite. He will then know if he assaults you worse the next time you try to leave that he now has to up that game to even more.

Next time he shows up at the door refuse to let him in and call the police. Have him arrested and if you need to get a restraining order. That is not love. It's called he needs to be in jail and you need to be reading up on abusive relationships and how not to get sucked into one. Spitting is a form of assault. So is pushing you to the ground. Do not be alone with this guy again. Call this hotline and talk to someone now.

And yes, it's good to not have any relationship for a period of time. After coming out of an abusive relationship you need time to sort yourself out, to be free of any romantic entanglements long enough to learn and recognize red flags before they become a problem and you find yourself with another abuser. You need that time for you.

From someone who has been there.

Do not take him back! He is dangerous and violent! Does your family know about this guy?

You do not love your bf; otherwise, you would not have been talking to this other dude.

Do not go back to your ex. Block and delete him!! Call the police if he returns.

Get your mental health issues under control. take a break from dating.

Any man who has the nerve to spit on you should be dumped and dumped hard. That is not only abusive, it's also extremely disrespectful, not to mention disgusting.

I agree with the other posters, it is assault. You can't fix that, all you can do is get as far away from it as possible.

Archived